It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is full of morons.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Alright, this is not meant to insult all Americans, but it is meant to point out the fact (well, opinion based on fact) that:

America is full of completely idtiotic, apathetic, narrow-minded, self-centered, fools. Every country has them, but mine seems to be infested with them.

Anyone care to argue this?

(I am new here, so if there is a better place on the board for me to have put this, I appologize)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The rant forum might've been a better place for this.

Maybe we are full of fools because the fools of other countrioes inhabit us. Remember there is no such thing as a full blooded American. Americans are a mix of nationalities so I guess adding British,Spanish,and Irish make a whole lot of dumb assholes

And Wilkes-Barre seems to be the home of the worst ones.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
The rant forum might've been a better place for this.

Maybe we are full of fools because the fools of other countrioes inhabit us. Remember there is no such thing as a full blooded American. Americans are a mix of nationalities so I guess adding British,Spanish,and Irish make a whole lot of dumb assholes

And Wilkes-Barre seems to be the home of the worst ones.

Whoa, I didn't say "the American race" is full of morons, I said the nations is. We're fools because we can afford to be, because we enjoy being, and we are taught to be.

And where the hell is the rant forum?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its under Chit Chat subjetcs I'd move it but I am not a mod of this forum so not able to do so.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bof,

You think that France is not full of morons too ?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
you are in the forum now. its called the mud pit.

i wouldnt say we are full of morons. just because not everyone thinks like you doesnt mean they are idiots. not everyone who thinks like me is an idiot.

people are free to think whatever they want or not to think at all. its our right and our choice in what to think or believe doesnt make them anymore wrong or right than you or i. they just think differently from you.

what a boring damn world this would be if we all thought alike!

opinion based on fact? no opinion based on opinion is what it looks like. unless you can prove otherwise...dont say its opinion based on fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why is this in the mudpit? This has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with "My country is better than yours."

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
People are all stupid. Compared to a smarter person we're a dumb idiot. Just saying a country is full of dumb asses is kinda crazy, an opinion cannot prove true. God gave us free will and its best that we use it to the fullest,even if it means your a dumb piece of crap.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

People are all stupid. Compared to a smarter person we're a dumb idiot. Just saying a country is full of dumb asses is kinda crazy, an opinion cannot prove true. God gave us free will and its best that we use it to the fullest,even if it means your a dumb piece of crap.

thats you're...a dumb piece of crap!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
People are not dumb they are just self centred.

Truly dumb people inhabit institutions.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sometimes we are all dumb piecesof crap for lack of a better term. Just because the USA is has some more idiots than other countries does not make us a bad naiton.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sometimes we are all dumb piecesof crap for lack of a better term. Just because the USA is has some more idiots than other countries does not make us a bad naiton.

true enough.

if we based a country on its leader (as others on this board like to do) then other countries are just as bad about lying, stealing, cheating and doing other dirty underhanded things as much as america has been accused of these things.

stupid people stick out because they do stupid things so naturally you're going to think a nation is full of idiots but this doesnt make things so.

think of your old jobs. remember all those idiots? remember all those smart hard workers? yeah took a little longer than remembering all the dumb people you worked with didnt it? same concept applies to countries and making blanket statements about them.

are we taught this stuff? in some ways yes, we are conditioned to be dumb to an extent but then learning this is a decision YOU make. i like thinking for myself, i dont want some politician spoonfeeding me what THEY want ME to know. i behave the way i want, i feel what i want, i choose NOT to let someone teach me to be dumb. i keep my standards high and try to raise them when possible. i want to be better in all waysof my life, others are happy doing the bare minimum and think "well that's good enough for me". THOSE are the people being talked about here. those with low moral fiber and substandard expectations.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbarian
America is full of completely idtiotic, apathetic, narrow-minded, self-centered, fools. Every country has them, but mine seems to be infested with them.

How about elaborating on the conclusion you've reached.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ah folks, the liberals are just pissed that they ain't gettin' all those fat government jobs. Dey is gettin' hungry now.

When dey git in, dey is gonna rape the system like some poor southern gal.

The lefties are more corrupt dollar per dollar than anyone cause they don't know how to make a buck.

Jus ask em' kay!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think 99% of the Earths population are idiots..................they are everywhere!!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

i wouldnt say we are full of morons. just because not everyone thinks like you doesnt mean they are idiots. not everyone who thinks like me is an idiot.

Difference of opinion is not what I base my statement on.

people are free to think whatever they want or not to think at all. its our right and our choice in what to think or believe doesnt make them anymore wrong or right than you or i. they just think differently from you.

I agree.

opinion based on fact? no opinion based on opinion is what it looks like. unless you can prove otherwise...dont say its opinion based on fact.

No, it is opinion based on fact, which I will show you.

Why is this in the mudpit? This has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with "My country is better than yours."

I already appologized for this, take it easy.

People are not dumb they are just self centred.

I agree, and I stated my definition of "dumb" in the first post. I did not mean Americans are literally "dumb", or lacking intelligence, but I did explain what I meant by "dumb" or "idiotic".

Just because the USA is has some more idiots than other countries does not make us a bad naiton.

Again, I stated in the first post that I realize that other nations have "idiots" as well, but that I think there is an increasing number of them in the U.S.

yeah took a little longer than remembering all the dumb people you worked with didnt it? same concept applies to countries and making blanket statements about them.

Good, and I would not consider you to be one of the many "dumb" people in the U.S. I made a blanket statement because I was (and am) frustrated.

How about elaborating on the conclusion you've reached.

Sure...would you like me to provide some examples of current events? How about I just explain some examples:

Idiotic: As I said, my definition of "idiot" may be different from others'. However, I would consider someone an idiot when they lack basic knowledge on basic issues/subjects. For example, there are many Americans who have less than a basic (I said "basic" a lot, and by this I mean simple or lacking depth) grasp of the geography of the world. This could be a result of America's public education (or lack of it). Likewise, many Americans are ignorant of current issues. If you would like some numbers, I will try to track them down, but it will take some time.

Apathetic: Perhaps this one is more personal opinion, but the way I see it, so many people are lazy. Every product is sold as "quick & easy". People keep getting fatter, which may be in part the food being consumed, but also a lack of exercise. Instead of researching current events, people watch Survivor or Who Wants to Breed a Billionaire or whatever. And although many people have jobs and do work, this itself can be lazy. For people to set no real goals for themselves and just sit back on a nine-to-five job, is, in my opinion, pure apathy.

Narrow-minded: This is obvious. Most Americans cling to obsolete traditions and remain in out-dated mentalities. An example would be religion. I am not denouncing religious beliefs, but the fact that many people are not open to believing things other than what their preacher tells them is what I would consider narrow-minded. And this is not exclusive to Americans, but it is a quality that the people of many other nations have given up.

Self-centered: People in the U.S. live with the mindset of "Every man for himself". Americans, generally, worry only about themselves and their property. I think this can be linked to our economic system, but nevertheless, it is a problem that I think is very clear. Instead of donating time or money to causes, instead of providing some with the help they need, the average American will look away and buy useless crap for him/herself. This is self-centered. Another example is the collective attitude of superiority. I think it's safe to say, without any statistics or numbers, that the average American thinks of the U.S. as the greatest nation in the world, which it is not (based on several factors).

I hope that elaboration is sufficient, kramtronix.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Remember there is no such thing as a full blooded American.

I guess you never heard of Indians?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And Korea, Russia, CHina, France and England are so much better than America.

You know America is the best country in the world. Its the politicians and the wealthy people # it up.

But the great things about America is, if you need someone, someone will always be there for you. Thats the way the founding fathers wanted it. Were all brothers here. Mexican, Jew, Christian, Irish, Black or Italian. If you really really really need somethihg. Someone will be there to help you. No other country can say that. Not even England.

I can find alot of things bad to say about America. We pay too many taxs. We start to many wars. WE are definitly not all fat lazy and corrupt.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

But the great things about America is, if you need someone, someone will always be there for you.

Someone will be there to help you. No other country can say that.

Really? Canada and Scandinavia, for example, can say that. Yes, their citizens have universal healthcare, if one of them gets in an accident, someone is their to help them, whether they have insurance or not.

We could have this too, oh but:

We pay too many taxs.

Oh, well forget that idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Every country has its good eggs and its bad eggs, sometimes you just have to look a little harder.

Have faith in someone and they'll pull through, trust the person but be aware of the demon inside.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join