It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US can win a nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think an attack on Russia or China would be equivalente to a suicide.

You attack them, they destroy you and viceversa.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are no winners in a nuclear war, we would not know the outcome on the environment if there were numerous nukes going off. Such an idea would be suicide for America or any country. And for those who think Russia is not a problem, Russia is still a superpower, with forces that equal the US and the countries economy has been growing 7% since 98. Russia has been modernising its armed forces although there is not alot of details at the moment.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
please, everybody can see how the united states is hiding behind the 'war on terrorism' to support its economy for oil (national debt, dying currency) the list goes on....america is a VERY old fashioned country, old fashioned law/old fashioned views/and old fashioned foreign policies, the thing is though 'THE WORLD AS MOVED ON' and is leaving america behind, i do believe we are coming to a nuclear war but america are losing friends thick and fast..i read by many americans that the world needs america, nonsence! if one thing we've learned by the 'war on terrorism' AMERICA NEEDS OTHER COUNTRYS (not the other way around) as some americans think.

america have gone from a 'producing nation' to a 'buying nation' america will be a 'superpower' in a military sense, but will soon be supassed by china in the next 20 years (theres no if's or but's about it), that is going to happen! also a stronger EU, (working together and trade) is crippling the US econmy in every department and we are seeing the united states doesn't have the loudest voice on a global scale anymore....summary, i used to like america - but to me as a nation america has lost what it stands for, america used to be a proud nation (still is) but i get the impression many americans are 'wondering' and 'questioning' things like "whats happened?"

back to the post, can america win a nuclear war, quite possible! - but who would the war be against? what sort of shape would the united states be in after this war? how will countrys 'view' america after this war? and yes i do believe 'IF' there's going to be a nuclear war america will be the cause of it (please see a previous thread of mine), oh and one more thing can we stop calling america an 'empire' please?
no country is under the same control, law or the govenence as the united states, therefore america is no 'empire'.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Sepiroth]

<< 1  2   >>

join