It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has bird flu gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
nothing on TV for months about it

has it just disapeared?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Not at all, it will come back in spring.. The thing is that most humans arent exposed to the birds when they migrate south.

If you notice, the outbreaks has their highest rates during the migration times.

[edit on 8/10/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up

after posting i was worried id get a lot of 'shut up you dont know what your talking about' type posts
but once again ATS come out trumps

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
For the record, I just saw a blurb on TV that stated China was resuming daily bird flu reports. I guess we're on the brink of the next comeback.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
well its not gone anywhere except the resovoir sources are not active till now.

Indeed a woman has just been confirmed to have it in Eqypt:

Authorities have detected Egypt's first human case of the highly pathogenic H5N1 bird flu virus since May, a World Health Organisation official said on Tuesday

and to look at this in context:

Egypt has had the largest cluster of human bird flu cases outside Asia, and the fresh case came a month after authorities found a number of new cases in birds following a two-month lull in detected poultry cases.

also:

The new infection brings the number of human cases in Egypt to 15, of whom six have died. All the previous infections were detected between March and May after the virus first surfaced in Egyptian poultry in February.

WHO announcement

So as you can see its still there, just outbreaks like this dont hit the headlines, the risks grow inversely proportional as time goes on the virus has more hosts, and time to mutate into the feared Pandemic form for humans.

However there does seem to be hope at hand soon, please see my ATSNN story on groundbreaking research into this very very real and present danger to most of humanity:

Influenza Breakthrough A New Treatment For All

Kind Regards

Elf

Edit for link

[edit on 11-10-2006 by MischeviousElf]

new topics

top topics

join