It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the pagans on ats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
SpeakerofTruth - I think that you mean "Monotheism" vs. "Polytheism" i.e. the Belief & Worship of one God vs. the Belief & Worship of many. Although you did hit the nail on the head - more or less - since "Polytheism" would be considered "Pagan".

Yeah,I tend to clump polytheism with paganism.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

which pagan religion are you speaking of? i know personally that in the case of teutonic reconstructural religions like norse heathenism that what you've said is not the case. all the norse Gods and Goddesses are singular beings with distinct personalites and attributes.
you are correct in some cases, there are some religions where their gods are aspects of one divine being, but it's not universal amongst pagans.

I am not really familiar with the Norse culture, I know that it exists, that's about it. :shk: However, I am really referring more or less to the Egyptian and Greek gods and godesses. They were really just attributes of a singular God.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The most common description of the ploytheistic aspects of a singular God is in Hinduism. It's stated that all of existance is just an extension of Brahma, or the Universe.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

However, I am really referring more or less to the Egyptian and Greek gods and godesses.

there are many parallels between the Norse beliefs and the Egyptian beliefs. One
of the most common parallels is the un named or He who must not be named "prankster"God or spirit, who often teaches through his pranks and tricks. In many
NA traditions it is Coyoye the Trickster, In the Ohdinnist tradition it is **** the brother
of Thorr.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i've never heard loki to be an un named trickster.

are you just trying to see who knows?
loki can be pretty funny, or pretty evil, either way he's cool. although i'd never wanna be at the butt end of his pranks.

optimus

Cug

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Bumpity bump bump, keeping this thread going.

What made you become a pagan? For the most part most of us were not born into it, but that might be more common for the younger folks nowdays.

I'll post later about myself (it's late zzzzzzzzzz).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ill tell a couple funny and neat stories later. right now however life intrudes and I
must go to work.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
but all pagans religions were designed to snag apes????

pagans [mirror] snagap ..... .. snag gap . .. . . snag apes.

just another fine example of himanity's language at work and our fine "ALL FIB I BET" .. .. alphabet.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Esoteric, I rarely understand the point you are trying to get across. Please take some classes in articulation. Please!!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i don't understand where you were going with that esoteric.
also just figured i'd bump my thread see if i can get the discussion wheel rollin again.

optimus

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey Optimus - I'm not a Pagan but I've got a few friends who are and it sounds to me like a very peaceful and natural religion.
Don't know if you've ever read it but the 'Viking trilogy' by travel writer Tim Severin is a truly great read and contains tonnes of well researched info about the Norse beleifs (I always liked Odin's two pet crows -Hugin and Munin.
).
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Always felt a pull towards paganism but never looked into it, it is weird it's like even the word pagan has always made my brain stand to attention.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hey OP!

A few of these threads have been started by myself and a couple others but they fizzle after sometime

I am a follower of Isis myself...pleased to meet you as well

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

A "Pagan" is someone who doesn't follow one of the Abrahamic faiths; i.e. Christianity, Islam, Judaism.

Simply put anyone who doesn't subscribe/believe in one of those 3 faiths.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
As a worshiper of the Mother Goddess and other Goddess incarnations, I consider myself a Pagan. I am proud to use the term Pagan, even if Christians say it to demean or say I am a devil worshiper.

Paganism is hard to define, as it is more up to the individual to find their own ways to knowledge.

That is the beauty of Paganism, no dogma to attach itself to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join