It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Slop, my resupe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You need some form of raw meat, I thin chicken is best, and chicken thighs, not breasts, it goes well with the style.

you can either do this right in a big pan, or bowl first:
So you cut up the meat and throw it in, next you add mushroom, white and green onion
and whatever else you think would be good.

You now need to make like a sauce which soaks into the meat, you have to make enough so it almost looks like a stew consistancy, cover the meat by about a couple centemetres.

This is what i like for the sauce:

Half of it....BEER, yeah, its good, a good base to this "soup"
Then melt in some butter, throw in some milk, however much you feel is good, this just helps thicken it up so its not so liquidy.

Also the main taste/way to thicken it, throw in some BBQ sauce and teriyaki sauce, you dont need much.

combine this with a good amount of lemon juice and I like to also throw in some vinegar, you can either squeeze a lemon into it or by the stuff that comes in a bottle, its just as good.

You stir this stuff in the pan or bowl and so you now got this meat inside with what should now be like a light brown sauce.

I like to let it marinate the meat for a while and trap in some more flavour but if your in a hurry, just cook this as is.

Cook until you think the meat is done, about half of the suace burns up, thats when you can tell its almost done, so yeah, dont worry if it looks too watery.

When this is all done I like to scoop the meat/mushrooms etc onto white rice with green onions or whatever, get creative with it. I pour some of the sauce from the pan on top and it soaks in the rice or whatevers there. Its good

the end result, it tastes lemony, bbq-ish and god, i can just eat it repeatadly. I've got nothing but excellent reviews so give er a go!

Also, add whatever spices you think would be good, I like to add a fair bit, that and parmesean cheese, it thickens the sauce more and give it more flavour.

Well there it is, it has no name, but its delicious, haha, thought i'd contribute something.

I like to also add garlic, but then again i add garlic to everything. Garlic bread is a good side to this meal.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by CavemanDD]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Haha!! As I was reading your, um, very interesting recipe, I kept thinking to myself "you know, a little bit of garlic would probably go pretty good with this". And wouldn't you know it, you mention garlic in your last line. I love garlic, but not so much that the garlic over-powers the dish.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ha thanks. Yeah it sounds wierd but its actually pretty good. Most of the wierd stuff in there burns up and just leaves flavour in the meat. The end result, the meat is lemony and smokey. and garlicy, hellll yeah. I'd put garlic on my cereal if i ate cereal.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Can I skip the 'BBQ sauce and teriyaki sauce' ?

Kinda think this may ruin it, just a thought.

Also, how big are the chicken pieces?

BTW your work is done.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not too bad of a cook, but I wouldn't consider myself a chef either.

I almost always need my girlfriend to help me with the tougher dishes. She's been cooking a lot longer than I have. I do fine with the pasta, rice, and meat deals...but I'm not so sure how I'd do on a casserole

Haha, I love these smilies. Why haven't I posted in BTS earlier?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Chicken thighs, chopped into small pieces.
Add mushroom, white and green onions.

Sauce to cover the meat by about a couple centemetres:

BEER is half of it.
Then melt in some butter.
Throw in some milk.
Throw in some BBQ sauce and teriyaki sauce, you dont need much.
A good amount of lemon juice.
Also throw in some vinegar.
Add Garlic and Spices.
Possibly add italian cheese.

Let it marinate the meat for a while, and burn the sauce up. Scoop onto white rice. Pour some of the sauce from the pan on top.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So.. SteveR decided to try Good Slop.

(hahaha!!)

(oh.. you're serious.)

No chicken, so it was a Beef Good Slop! My modifications were thus, I used lots of extra strength beer and oyster sauce for flavor. Also, lime juice.

At first I thought it was "questionable". But as I got through it, it tasted better and better! Notably, I didn't need a drink at all.

I ended up tapping my food and humming along with Radio Jazz (which I put on previously). First time I ever got tipsy from food.
Thanks, CavemanDD.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You're supposed to cook the beer off when you put it in the pot Steve.... Haha.

Like penne ala vodka sauce, the alcohol is supposed to melt away and just leave the flavoring.

I guess you didn't cook it enough :w: I hope you don't
before the night's over.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
You're supposed to cook the beer off when you put it in the pot Steve.... Haha.

Is that so? Thanks Biggie Smalls.

I put in alot of beer, and let it burn off for quite a while, but couldn't get it down to 'nothing' so there was some liquid left that I poured over the rice (as Caveman suggested).

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
haha you tried it eh? Its good I think, cuz I keep making it. But sometimes I get cheap or lazy so its usually just meat, bbq sauce, beer and vinegar if i got it.

Those ingredients pretty much simulate the taste. Portobello mushrooms are best.

Lemon juice gives it a little better taste, that tangy taste. Which is what the vinegar does.

The bbq sauce, (any kind, i get the cheapeast). Thats the bulk of the flavour.

Adding cream or butter, thickens it up and gives it more flavour. I just put lots of beer, its thinner, and well I like cooking with beer.

I cook this with beef instead of chicken sometimes too, and if thats the case I sometimes chop up some potato and put in there too. Its like a stew, but different taste, less liquid.

This meal also goes good with a cold beer, the one that the alcohol hasnt burned off

Ha, still, glad you liked that crazy concoction. Its a good base to screw around with and add whatever, just BBQ suace and vinegar and/or lemon juice is the key.

top topics

join