It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilling Sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
*This is probably so not in the proper place* but I honestly had no clue where to put it *shrug*

Anybody here 'other then me' have issues with certain sounds that just seem to send a chill down your spine?
I'm not really referring to the -fingernail scratching a chalkboard sound-..I'm really wondering about certain sounds that *otherwise* shouldn't really make your hair stand on end. Normal sounds that might just seem *wrong* somewhere in your subconscious or something.

If so, what are they or is it? And what is your theory as to why it has an unusual effect on you?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I cannot stand the sound that occurs when two pieces of styrofoam are rubbed together.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nails on chalkboard ... and rosanne's laugh.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Fran Dreschers laugh.. And that woman on friends who always says "Oh my God"......

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
mines polystyrene being rubbed together that sound just goes right through me even thinking about the noise makes me cringe.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I cannot stand the sound that occurs when two pieces of styrofoam are rubbed together.

Yep...I would kill to silence that...

As to what causes the repulsion....haven't a clue...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The sound of my computer connecting..man that just sends chills over my body! Usually the speakers are down or off, unless I was listening to music and left them on!! :shk:

I don't like the sound of people smacking their food LOL!
I will lose my appetite real fast and excuse myself or stare at them like they are some jungle man or something.

And when someone clicks their gum or smacks it or blows and pops bubbles. Gosh that is irritating!

Lastly, I don't like the sound of the wind blowing through a cracked window..scares the pants off of me every time!

[Edited on 11/11/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think it's disgusting when people make this noise like they're going to barf & then spit on the pavement in public.

new topics

top topics

join