It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Students Mob Minuteman Founder at Columbia University (W/Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Okay I know this is old hat but this has to be said, I've read this thread and most if not all of the responses are crap that people have zero idea about.
First, the Gilchrist guy was allowed to speak for 50 mins plus and second there were a large number of protestors outside already protesting the groups presence. The protestors rushed the stage and started chanting when the minutemen supporters who are not columbia students attacked the Columbia students and then proceeded to remove the banner from them. Also the Columbia security cannot arrest people, they can only detain people like the police. This kind of behaviour is so rare that the security was too little to provide any actuall protection to the dignitary. When the students rushed the stage ( and that is all they did! ) the security did try to call for more people as the numbers were too many and it happened too fast for them to control.

My last point being that no cook or nanny's kid would need all the money saved up from their parents jobs to pay for their tution. Columbia provides 100 % cover for all tution and fees for the underprivileged to pay for their education because it is impossible for a nanny to save up enough to send her kids to school in Columbia for undergrad. It is close to $55,000 a year and undergrad is a min of 4 years. Add living expenses and books etc to that you can get an idea of what the real cost is! Columbia covers it all.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join