It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't you Americans extremely angry?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
most americans(north&south),no.
if u mean usa'rs, probably yes.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing that with the country on the way to wallmarts clearence ilse partisan politics are still the flavour of the day huh?

Bush is evil, so was Clinton. So is anyone that will try to control you or lie to you and both did it, because both parties do it. OK? Does everyone understand? The enemy though is not either of them, so then who is it?

"This company is dead....it's dead alright, it's just not broke" - Danny Devitto in other peoples money.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeteUK
Is it me? or are rather a lot (that is two seperate words) of posters struggling with the English language?

Not all of us are english.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm an American, and I'm mad as hell!!!

I can only say--"I never voted for any Bush--ever!!"

I'm sick of Bush, I'm sick of Rumsfeld, I'm sick of Dick Cheney. I'm sick of the whole mob of them!!

We had no justification for invading Iraq! We were "lied" into that misbegotten war, which has now, thanks to Bush and his half-witted advisors, become an absolute Mecca (I use that word advisedly!) for the most hard-core terrorists. I'm sure the nutjobs in Iran are just delighted we went into Iraq--we certainly made the spread of militant Islam much easier for them!!

And I'm amazed we haven't received some great big, heartfelt "thank you!" cards from Al-Qaeda and the Taliban--we certainly gave a huge boost to their recruiting efforts!

Let me make this clear: I love my country (in spite of its present state of oppression under King George IV!). I support our troops because they didn't ask to get sent to Iraq--they're doing the best they can, given the fact that their Commander-in-Chief and his cadre are a pack of idiots who know about as much about running a war as a newborn babe.

I do think our attack on Afghanistan was justified--that after all was the closest thing to a "homeland" that bin Laden
and his murderous mob had. Not to mention the charming Taliban, who shot a 6-year-old girl to death in cold blood--because she was carrying schoolbooks!!!

In fact, if King (or should that be Emperor?) Bush and his crowd of spineless yes-men hadn't got us mired down in Iraq, maybe, just MAYBE, the Taliban would not now be making a major comeback in Afghanistan.

I can't wait til Election Day. I only wish I could kick the whole crowd out of office!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, to tell u the truth it's just not the administrations fault, but a lot of people. THe intelligence department is one, the informents from iraq is another, the list goes on. U think the president is personally in Iraq collecting data? No, it's the people that works for the goverment that does this, for example the CIA. If people feed false informations of course people are going to get fooled. The citizens were fooled. Why can't this administration also get fooled. Bad information leads to bad choices. I think the oil was a extra incentive to invade Iraq. Were not going to invade a country good or bad if we don't gain anything out of it.

I'm not really mad at the President as much as I'm mad at the people that feed him the information.

We messed up in Iraq, now we have to clean it up. But personally I think we should just accept the lost and leave, so the iraqis can kill each other over there.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
2003, the unfounded invasion of Iraq. Most Americans and Westerners including me, did support the US invasion. After all, we were lied to that Saddam would, and was able to launch his Weapons of Mass Destruction on us if no action would be taken.

Were we? From the evidence I've seen most intelligence agencies regardless of where they stood in regards to the invasion believed that Saddam possessed WMD.

Originally posted by Mdv2]
If the Bush Administration sincerely was convinced of Saddam possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction I wonder why soldiers went to Iraq almost unprotected. However, I think this question doesn't really matter anymore as most among us know the answer already.

How were American soldiers unprotected? Do you have a link to back your claim that the US Army wasn't prepared for NBC warfare?

I've been thinking about this for a while, why has the American people not been pressing for the resignation of the government? Whether the Bush administration was aware of the fact that Saddam Hussein did not possess Weapons of Mass Destruction or not, they did fail, and not just a small failure. It's a failure that one should take responsibility for, in this case the Bush Administration.

Why would we? We didn't we demand Johnson's resignation over Vietnam? Maybe we should have but we didn't. In fact the only president that had to resign was the one that got us out of Vietnam. Ironic huh.

Originally psoted by Mdv2
How do Americans in general think about this?

Check out Bush's approval numbers.

Bush's poll numbers

Doesn't look good.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, if Bush was misinformed, it can't be blamed entirely on the ones who misinformed him. He was only too happy to take the bait--clearly he wanted an excuse to go to war with Iraq (he was obsessed with overthrowing Hussein--I grant you, Hussein was a monster and a tyrant, but we don't overthrow just ANY monster/tyrant--for example, have we invaded Darfur? Iran--at least yet?
North Korea? etc etc etc.) so he was only too eager to accept any excuse handed him. And actually I think it went further than that--I think Bush was determined to find some pretext to unseat Saddam Hussein before he was even settled into the White House! And his lackeys at the CIA, FBI, NSA and so on were only too happy to oblige him--more shame on them!!

Oh BTW PeteUK--regarding use of English on this board--I believe that "seperate" should read "separate"?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70

Amen to that.

I would ask other countries if they are upset with their own governments for 'living with terrorism' and tolerating it within their own borders, instead of growing a pair and choosing freedom rather than giving up one inch to extremist nut jobs.

Please sir give me a clue as to how you equate a loss of freedom with terrorism? Our own country, our American government are the ones that wantyou to give up your freedom. The terrorist want something done about there situation, they dont want to take your freedom away! The only entity that is taking your freedom is our government!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

2003, the unfounded invasion of Iraq. Most Americans and Westerners including me, did support the US invasion. After all, we were lied to that Saddam would, and was able to launch his Weapons of Mass Destruction on us if no action would be taken.

Unfounded invasion of Iraq?... First of all, i wonder why you are calling it "the U.S." invasion of Iraq....there were "several" countries which were part of the coalition, it wasn't just "The U.S." as some people like to keep claiming so they can "blame" the U.S...

My guess is that you have "never" been a fan of the U.S., don't claim the contrary, you proved it with the statement you made..

Then you also have the Russian government, including Putin, giving evidence to the U.S. since 9/11 and up to the war in Iraq that Saddam was planning attacks in U.S. soil...

Putin says Iraq planned US attack

Russian President Vladimir Putin says that after the 9/11 attacks Moscow warned Washington that Saddam Hussein was planning attacks on the US.
He said Russia's secret service had information on more than one occasion that Iraq was preparing acts of terror in the US and its facilities worldwide.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Then again, this was the same government which along with some others backstabbed the United States and the rest of the coalition.

You also have the "fact" that authorities in Spain found links between the 9/11 terrorist planners and Iraq, and also with Osama Bin Laden who is being sought after by the authorities in Spain because of the evidence they found....

Some of the other links that Saddam's regime had with terrorism in general, there were terrorist attacks funded by Saddam which did kill Americans btw, can be found in the following link.

husseinandterror.com...

But of course...for some reason you don't mention any of this, or any of the "real evidence" which proves the contrary to what you claim....

BTW, i also have to wonder why is it that when there was hearsay in the intelligence community of the United States that Al Qaeda operatives might be planning to use airplanes for terrorist attacks, information which didn't say when or where these planes would be used, there are people claiming that "the government was involved because they didn't act on the intelligence", yet when several intelligence reports, from other countries and not only the U.S., said that Saddam had wmd, and according to some of the reports he was going to use them against the United States, in one way or another, now the same people claim that "the war is illegal, blah blah blah blah blah...".....???

One more thing.... I also wonder why people haven't blamed the governments of Spain, France, and Germany among others, because they had information and were wiretapping terrorist cells which were involved in the 9/11 attacks...

Al-Qaida Cell in Spain Charged with Aiding September 11 Attacks

Spanish authorities Sunday charged eight suspected members of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network with involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States. Investigative judge Baltasar Garzon said the men "formed part of an extremist Islamic group of a terrorist nature, integrated in the support and development structure of the al-Qaida organization's criminal activities."

www.ict.org.il...

Am I angry?...yes, i am angry that so many people are so naive to follow the agenda of the left, and it is the agenda of the left, and these same people for some reason ignore all of the evidence which shows the contrary to their claims, and in fact comes from countries which have nothing to do with "The United States"......

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Please sir give me a clue as to how you equate a loss of freedom with terrorism? Our own country, our American government are the ones that wantyou to give up your freedom. The terrorist want something done about there situation, they dont want to take your freedom away! The only entity that is taking your freedom is our government!

So how come you are stating your "opinion" in these forums and you don't have the FBI, the CIA, the Secret Service, etc, etc, etc, banging on your door right now?....

Why is it that Islamic terrorists are trying, and in some cases sucessfully attacking other countries, many of which have denounced the "war on Iraq", like France?...

"How do you equate a loss of freedom with terrorism"?... it has been the statement of many terrorist leaders, and Islamic extremists in general, that they want the world to be dominated by Islam and Sharia law. So yes, Islamic terrorists are seeking to take your freedoms away "sir"....

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi Mdv2

I've been a lurker. My first comment!

There are a large number of Americans who are extremely angry. We can't recall our government, however, whenever we want to. We have to wait for election years, set up by our Constitution.

Unfortunately, when our country was founded, the parlaiment was just beginning to become strong in England (though it had been in existence for hundreds of years). We rejected many English institutions and a parliamentary system of government was one of the things we rejected.

If we had that form of government, Bush and his party would have been ousted before now by a no confidence vote.

Having only two parties hurts our country also, but this too was pretty much established in our early years. It would be nice to have something to choose from other than the two well-established parties, even though I don't feel that the Green or Libertarian parties offer any answers, either.

Believe me, we are plenty angry and I think you will see this come out in our elections this November. I have vowed to do my part, politically and peacefully, to oust any member of the House or Senate, regardless of whether Dem or Rep, who voted last week for that horrible bill that gave the president the power to determine who was an enemy combatant and suspended habeas corpus. They are going down.

If, however, after everything the party in power has done and the people of this country decide that they should still maintain control of the USA or if they cheat again, I will be doing it from another country.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

So how come you are stating your "opinion" in these forums and you don't have the FBI, the CIA, the Secret Service, etc, etc, etc, banging on your door right now?....

Are you kidding me? The last thing to go is your freedom of speech! What kind of American are you? The constitution of the United States has been torn apart and rewritten, our bill of rights are being rewritten and you as an American should be damned mad!! Anything less makes you un-American!

"How do you equate a loss of freedom with terrorism"?... it has been the statement of many terrorist leaders, and Islamic extremists in general, that they want the world to be dominated by Islam and Sharia law. So yes, Islamic terrorists are seeking to take your freedoms away "sir"....

Yeah right, the only thing this nation has to fear buddy, is fear itself. So why would our government promote fear, and not ignore it? Terrorism does no good without making you people fearful. So why is our government instilling fear in our people? You tell me how they are going to take our freedom? Tell me. You cant, the only way our freedom can be taken is by our government. You think we are so weak that anyone else can take our freedom? Explain how the terrorists can do it.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
[In the case of Iran, the world's fourth largest oil exporter (ie: China being its biggest buyer) seeks nuclear energy for its 'own energy needs,' which of course is a flat out lie that is nicely believed hook-line-and-sinker style by most liberals like yourself, continues to rebuff the United Nations over their nuclear program, the very same Iran that the US gets NO oil from[edit on 6-10-2006 by Seekerof]

Dear Seekerof:

Precisely my point. The fact that we get NO oil from Iran as you say is about to change. Pretty soon we’ll be getting ALL their oil — for free! Ain’t that grand?

And you’re right, those tree-hugger types would never be “tough” enough to do such a thing — kill to steal. Luckily we have some seasoned, battle-hardened warriors, er, chicken hawks in our top leadership who have the inner strength to make the necessary tough decisions for us — and to lead us into battle.
It’s a good thing our bravest and our brightest have risen to the top!

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am still waiting for you to explain to me how the terrorists are going to take our freedom. Come on now, spin it baby! Gimme some of that Orwellien double speak!

Where has our virtue gone?

Edit to say to Mauddib that I am waiting for some doublespeak.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If you are not OUTRAGED by what this administration has done, then you either have a vested interest
in war profiteering, or you suffer greatly from ignorance in it's most dangerous form.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
Precisely my point. The fact that we get NO oil from Iran as you say is about to change. Pretty soon we’ll be getting ALL their oil — for free! Ain’t that grand?

Puullleeze.
Which verse from Nostradamus's prophecy's and prediction's playbook you get that from. Link?

And you’re right, those tree-hugger types would never be “tough” enough to do such a thing — kill to steal.

Again, I see your sense and knowledge of political history eludes you. Mind you, you used it, not me, but "Treehugger types," aka: liberals, will indeed and have killed to steal. A near recent historical example of such would be the Clinton administrative legacy.

Luckily we have some seasoned, battle-hardened warriors, er, chicken hawks in our top leadership who have the inner strength to make the necessary tough decisions for us — and to lead us into battle.
It’s a good thing our bravest and our brightest have risen to the top!

Sarcasm noted, but with you implying it, well, the truth and proof is in the pudding, as they say, huh?

Btw, I heard that Bush's warrentless wiretapping program was given approval by the House in the form of a Bill. I wonder how many liberal Democrats voted 'yea'...18? Seems those 18 have the "inner strength to make the necessary tough decisions for us -- and to lead us to battle," huh?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
If you are not OUTRAGED by what this administration has done, then you either have a vested interest
in war profiteering, or you suffer greatly from ignorance in it's most dangerous form.

This obviously came out of the 'either' 'or' liberal handbook for junkies.
About the most absolutist and divisive comment I have read since Bush said "Your either with us or against us".....

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Interesting that you consider ME liberal since I strongly support protecting the U.S. Constitution and you quite obviously support these vermin who are doing all they can to undermine the work of our founding fathers.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Muaddib, not to pick on you, but you certainly seem like someone with a conflict of interest.

Originally posted by Muaddib
Am I angry?...yes, i am angry that so many people are so naive to follow the agenda of the left,

What do you think is the “agenda of the left” is? Do you think their agenda is to bring this country down? Or is it to keep it from falling down. I don’t consider myself of the far left, but I like to consider myself a free thinker. It is my opinion that the current administration and this war in Iraq that will lead to our downfall.

I have to wonder when I read your post then in your signature you have…

'Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope... and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.'
- Robert F. Kennedy

This sounds more like a free thinking liberal comment, yet you are supporting the corporate aggression that is this war? With all due respect, it sounds like you have some issues to resolve.

Let’s face it folks, we are doing more damage to ourselves than any terrorist can do, all because of this stupid war. You can go along and support it if you wish, but I guarantee you it was not for anything as noble as defending ourselves or spreading democracy or what ever. I also would also have a hard time believing it was all about oil, because the fact is the US has plenty of it. It just cost a little more to produce than to get it from the Middle East. I would find it unconscionable to think we would send our soldiers to die in a war so we can get oil for a cheaper price. That would be hard to live with, and it seems that for some of you, that is probably why you can’t accept it and believe we are over there for some other reason.

So am I angry? Yes I am angry about all the bickering! I’m angry that every time someone that opposes this war gets lambasted from the right because they can’t face the truth. I get angry because we treat each other like the enemy and don’t see each other as Americans. As I said before, this war and the division it is creating will be our downfall.

Originally posted by Seekerof
This obviously came out of the 'either' 'or' liberal handbook for junkies.
About the most absolutist and divisive comment I have read since Bush said "Your either with us or against us".....

Boy you guys are really confusing me. So you support the war, but call Bush an absolutist?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Why interesting?
Can not Constitutionalists or Libertarians or Constitutionalist Libertarians be liberal, as well as being conservative?

Your mention of "vermin" is relative, relegated to opinion and stereotyping.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join