It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't you Americans extremely angry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
origin unknown,

Let me ask you, do you think it's not messed up that we grow animals for the purpose of food? is this the so called progress you are talking about?

What would you do if you were in a reality where you were born for food just because you didn't make a cute pet, would you think good of your self for providing food for those who torture you and use you for something that tastes good?

That's what i mean by slaughter houses, we are so deep into our own superficial reality that we don't even realise what we are doing.

This is just an exemple regarding your progress statement, do you actually believe this is progress? i don't.

No this is not progress, it's the oposite.

"Born for food because you didn't make a good pet"!!!!!.......mmm, we've been eating animals long before we domesticated them. I don't understand how dictating to people whether they should be vegetarian or not has anything to do with progress!....believe it or not there are many people in the world who rely on animals to live, how is you taking that away from them regarded as progress then!, it seems rather backward to me. How do your "superficial robots" fit into this?

Btw, my other half is vegetarian, so i do see both sides of the debate.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Origin Unknown]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

origin unknown,

What would you do if you were in a reality where you were born for food just because you didn't make a cute pet, would you think good of your self for providing food for those who torture you and use you for something that tastes good?

That's what i mean by slaughter houses, we are so deep into our own superficial reality that we don't even realise what we are doing.

Dear Selfless:

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you but I think you’re making a profound point. Our slaughtering of animals should not be considered “progress” at least not from an ethical viewpoint.

Surely I’m not the only one who surmises that higher developed living beings quite possibly “know” and “feel” a lot more than we give them credit for. If one believes in evolution, then we ourselves are nothing more than “animals” with oversized brains.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 10/6/2006 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Firstly, What happened to Afghanistan? We all seemed to have jumped in at Iraq being the really big mistake!

Next, how do you object to the Gopvernment? We get to vote once in a blue moon, here in the UK it is even at the whim of the Prime Minister. At least in the US it is set in stone. *(isn't it?)

I have a mortgage: How do i take time off work to go and protest? If I do do I jeopardise my family and their home? We (all of us surely) cannot put up any great resistance. We have obligations, ok, we got ourselves in here, how to get out?

Why is a dictatorship wrong? Just because we say so? How else do you hold China together?

Why is Democracy right? Are we in the UK in a Democracy? Tony polled only about 40% of Votes, but got 60 % of the Power! So that's a Democracy?

Yes we all got to vote, but are all votes equal? In a Labour stronghold, my vote is irrelevant (22 years of Frank Cook for gods sake).

Americans, ALL Main Stream Media is, by their very inclusion in the epithet, pointless.

Britons, are you a British Subject, or a British Citizen? If you don't know, and need Wikipedia to tell you the answer, maybe you deserve all you are getting.

In the Seventies, there was a big push/backlash in favour of "Self supporting Communities", how many of us could kill an animal and preserve its' flesh for the winter duration? one small slip in the modern set up and how many of us could help our families.

There is no political process to aid us. All parties, here and in all the other "Democracies" have absolute power. (don't believe me? try objecting to a "Pat down" by airpot security. In fact, try objecting to anything).

ATS ( or any other "alternative forum") may be a "display" of freewill, but when the display is only seen by other stall holders, who cares?

Good thread, shame the real life results are lacking.

Could we get a TV station going on this? Ah, No, all the money is with the "Big Boys".

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMedic
Right on Grady and darkbluesky!
I am so sick and tired of the leftist talking points on this website. Most of the opinions are ripped right from the MSM headlines and regurgitated in substitution for real facts. In fact many of you forget the atrocities that these animals have committed against America. I know my fellow innocent fire,police,and EMS providers did not ask to be murdered. It took the Germans marching into Great Britain until the populace would turn their deaf ears back to Churchill. We finally have an administration that is not willing to be victimized and you compare us to terrorists. It's about taking the fight to the enemy and not waiting for them to inevitably bring it to us.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by MrMedic]
Talking points? This sounds like the sewage spit from that fat @$$ child molesting supporter Rush...I would back up before defending anyone with a (D) or (R) beside their names...Cause as far as I know the (D) and (R)'s of this "GRAND" political system and the people who just fall in line to support them no matter how corrupt they KNOW the person is are the ones responsible for the shape this country is in.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

tsloan,

I don't think that the president have any say in what actually happens i think he's more of an actor then anything else so no matter who you vote for it's still the same power in control.

Thank you,

You see the light my child....Follow the $ to the top of the food chain...Lets say umm..Those at the former STANDARD OIL..AKA....Exxon/Mobile..Shell and so on..Oh and lets not forget those wonderful people @ Citibank...J.P. Morgan and so one selfless I send you a

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
no worries friend.
sory for late reply

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I sooooo angry you have no idea!

NOT ONLY have they lie but again and again I want to fight but I'm just 17 and die-bold thing will screw us over! I pissed as hell and everyone else is to worried about American Idol to care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaving this land as much I love the U.S. raised and born in New Jersey with my Boricua's. There just as piss as me but no one is raising there fist in the name of freedom and the one that do are call loons.

I have been called that many time and won't care but not one person listen or care to little.

We need to do something to show we love what we have FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
El Che,

Can you please use English on the forum, please. spellings are forgiven, but you have just written Gibberish. not wanting to offend, but at 17 you should be able to put a sentence together I can understand.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is a good thread, and with little to no argueing agianst others views, its a discussion, not a debate, good to see, well anyways my contribution:

Help me if theres any truth to this, I havent done the research and its second hand information from a freind who's words I sincerely trust but I have something to add about sadame...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, I hear, that when Sadame came into power Iraq was looking like a pretty nice place. He was building all sorts of hospitals and schools and Iraq was on the verge of growing into a strong well run country. Then the CIA came in and started lieing to him, telling him Iran is out to get Iraq, same with this group and that group until basically he got to the point where he trusted no'one. And thats where he started to really do some damage.

Is there any truth to this? I could see something like this being plausible, a power control, the U.S. wouldn't want a middle-eastern country to develope into a superpower, that makes it harder for them to control the world...harder to obtain the oil.

Again, this is just a question which I have clearly stated I have no proof to back up other then hear-say. If you have something to say about it, please explain my errors rather than make a personal attack against me. This discussion is going so good so far without turning into a heated arguement and attack against board members.

That being said, I'm done! And by the way Silcone, I agree with ya.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by CavemanDD]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also i'd like to add: (i feel its slightly related about internal terrorism and violations.)

I'm canadian, I live in Toronto, I've just heard there has been about 140 unauthorized cross-border incidents involving the FBI. What are they doing comming in here unauthorized, 140 incidents? what is this an invasion?

I know they are here because when I was at work driving a skyjack this toronto police officer asked if he could get on the skyjack I was driving and raise it so he could take a picture of this group of people, and he said they were the FBI. That seemed a little strange, but I could see that he was serious, and I had to do it because my supervisor told me to. They were on a tour bus though. haha I dont get it.

Maybe these 140 incidents they just wanted to see our ugly urban scenery?

My point is, I dont like the U.S. government sticking their nose around my town. I mean, go ahead, do so, but run it by our government first. Bloody tories, they'd probably allow it too.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
This war, and the next one with Iran, are about one thing and one thing only. Commandeering the world’s last remaining oil resources.

agreed. nice post

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What the hell is Skyjack?

Is it me? or are rather a lot (that is two seperate words) of posters struggling with the English language?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A Skyjack is an elevating platform....

www.skyjackinc.com...

Aren't you being just a bit petty? Caveman was having no trouble with english, and El Che, I suspect, speaks spanish as a first language....I understood what he was trying to say....

[edit on 6-10-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Great post PeteUK.

What would say say is a better alternative?

I'm with Churchill on this one - Democracies the worst form of Government, until you look at the rest. (or something like that)

I'm always interested in peoples views on a better form of governing though...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ha, thanks 27jd. But i admit by grammar is poor. I dont have time for grammar. If I wanted to I could go over everything and put commas, periods, and apostrophies where I feel they belong but I just dont feel it is necessary. As long as you can tell what I'm saying. I talk on boards like I do on msn or the like, i'd hope it makes perfect sense. But I dunno, I'm also pretty tired. But i must say, I will never, EVER, say "lol". Haha I dunno that completely unrelated.

Be easy on me I'm a lowly window washer! And yes a skyjack is an elevating platform, its electrical, drives really really slow, your supposed to have a liscene to operate it, i dont, theres nothing to it really so who cares, and it raises upward like 20 feet.

Back to the topic though, ignore me.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
About democracy, its interesting how loosly that word gets tossed around to describe certain governments. We don't live in democracy, no'one does. We may vote for a party who then vote for a leader of a party, but thats about where it ends. The party we elect gets to choose everything about how the country is run. Well in Canada the tories are the current government, but they have only a minority government which means they dont have TOTAL control over the country but they still have the major say. What this says to me is, not enough people want the tories controlling the country and thus I don't think they should even be controlling the country.

But yeah, so we elect a part through a vote, thats where it ends really with what we consider democracy. What about military? Military is more or less a dictatoriship. It goes by chain of command, everyone does what their told. I don't recall ever voting that this or that should get blown up, and i'm pretty sure the petty soldiers have no say in whether to attack this base or that. You get what I'm saying.

I haven't seen any real democracy, not in canada. I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm pretty sure theres no democracy in their military either.

Miltary is one thing, I'm sure there are other many other things in which we have no say, I can't think of any right but you get the picture. I'm done.,

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It just seems like the government is getting more and more restrictive these days. The past 6 years seem like some sort of bad dream and I know many people who agree with me. As the problems arise, our laws get tighter, our freedom choked away from us. Since 911, the war on terror has compromised our ability to live without shadows of paranoia looming over us.

More Taps, More Torture, More surveillance, More profiling.. and for what? Because people subscribe to the spoon feeding of fear everynight on the news? This fear is exactly what fuels the system of laws that we live under.

We have to vote against these things. Bring the soldiers back and try to bury the hatchet or else we are destined for stormy weather.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm not angry...I'm furious!!....Im really upset that we didnt finish the job the first time around. I get tired of all these liberals crying wolf and giving the govt grief over this war. We had a job to do and we are doing it. Don't hate on our country or our people cause we have the cajones to stand up to ruthless dictators and smack them down in the dirt. you ever see the pearl video? saddams tourtue tapes? I'm glad we are over there fighting the good fight..Texas justice baby! maybe if people experienced this tragedy in real life instead of on the news they would thanks us instead of damn us.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
This war, and the next one with Iran, are about one thing and one thing only. Commandeering the world’s last remaining oil resources.

Liberal 101 talking points rehash.
Sound about right?

In the case of Iraq and their continued rebuffing of the United Nations, despite that most of the world 'believed' (ie: by way of their intelligence services) Saddam/Iraq had WMD, you, like many others on this board, proclaim the war was over oil, when more and more, it is proven that it was not.

In the case of Iran, the world's fourth largest oil exporter (ie: China being its biggest buyer) seeks nuclear energy for its 'own energy needs,' which of course is a flat out lie that is nicely believed hook-line-and-sinker style by most liberals like yourself, continues to rebuff the United Nations over their nuclear program, the very same Iran that the US gets NO oil from, yet you offer prophecy that there will be a coming "war" between Iran and the US over what else.....oil. Ah, yes, the irony here....

Btw, better talk to the Russians and Chinese first when it comes to that absolute claim of "commandeering" the world's "last"

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
2003, the unfounded invasion of Iraq. Most Americans and Westerners including me, did support the US invasion. After all, we were lied to that Saddam would, and was able to launch his Weapons of Mass Destruction on us if no action would be taken.

To remember you of what exactly has been said:

Blair on Iraq: ''Saddam's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) are ready for use within 45 minutes''

Bush on Iraq: ''The danger to our country is great, the danger to our country is growing, the Iraqi regime possesses chemical and biological weapons.''

Rumsfeld prior to operation Iraqi Freedom ''There’s no doubt in my mind, but that they currently have chemical and biological weapons.''

Bush: "I would remind you that when the inspectors first went into Iraq and were denied -- finally denied access, a report came out of the Atomic -- the IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency], that they were six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon. I don't know what more evidence we need."

I love it how you selected quotes from only Republicans. Must fit your agenda?

How about these quotes!

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join