It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't you Americans extremely angry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i've been angry since the "patriot" act passed unoppossed and with minimal public outcry

this country is going into a paranoia induced, coma of apathy, and i want to stop it

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"If this would be a dictatorship it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just so long as I'm the dicator."

"I'm the decider, and I decide what's best..."

"Bin Laden says his own role is to tell Muslims, quote, 'what is good for them and what is not.' "

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war."

"The goals of this country is to enhance prosperity and peace."

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

"I aim to be a competitive nation."

I could go on, but do I really need to? It's fairly obvious that probably any one of us at ATS has a higher intellect, but his inability to form a deceptive sentence allows us to really see what's on his mind. War. Every day, I remember how ironic it is that I voted for the guy twice.

It's good to watch the news, but if you make a habit you'll need to flip channels. Fox will always spill more beans about democrats, and CNN will always do the same for republicans. So if you take a grain of salt along with this, you'll find an accurate story somewhere in between.

To answer Mdv's question, to be honest I don't think enough Americans are angry; I don't believe most are even concerned. They get hung up on singular, partisan issues and do not see the bigger picture.

Bush will be out in 2009; I guess time will tell what the Dems decide to do with the powers Bush will be leaving in place for them.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Bush is indeed inarticulate, but don't think he's an idiot sock puppet of Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, et. al.

Leveraging America's falling wealth, birth rate, and public debt against a sometime
hysterically hostile world is no simple thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You very conveniently quote Bush, Blair, and Rumsfeld regarding Saddam's supposed WMDs, but you ignore the fact that Saddam had convinced the world that he held such weapons, including all those who now revel in their 20/20 hindsight.

Thats an excuse. The supposed inspectors who were working for us in the IAEA reported sleeves as well as other indicators saying he had them. It was Chalabi and his crew who also said that he had them. Saddamn Hussein did not use the phoney nuclear weapons as a defense to the USA nor did he ever threaten American soil or its citizens...its intentions were to keep the Iranians off his back.
Condoleeza Rice as well as Rumpsfeld both mimiced the urgency by saying Iraqi WMD's would end up on American soil.
It was Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumpsfeld that convinced the world of this fallacy. Hussein consistently denied he had any WMD's at that point.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm angry but not at the administration. I'm angry at the left wing of the Democrat Party and their willing accomplices at the NY Times, LA Times, etc. I'll get to that in a bit.

I'm not angry at Bush et al because I understood the un-stated reasons for going to Iraq when it happened. I also understood that US forces were going to Iraq and Afghanistan to stay for a long long time.

The unstated reason(s)?

1) To be able to project US force swiftly in the cauldron of almost all global conflicts throughout modern history.

2) To ensure the uninterupted flow of oil, the lifeblood of the industrialized word (not just the US).

I don't buy the Bush line about "freedom for Iraqis" "elimination of a brutal dictator". While that may be a nice by-product it was not the reason for going.

If this were the real reason, we'd also go to N. Korea, China, Cuba, etc.

The real reason was to protect the interests of the US and the EU.

So, to sum up... I'm not angry because I dont feel like I was duped. I knew what the deal was from the begining.

I am angry with the democrats and their mouthpieces because they will say and do any treasonous, seditious thing it takes to bring down the republican party so thay can regain power at the pig trough that is Washington DC.

You see, IMO the difference between R's and D's in this country is the D's have no shame at how far they will go to get their power...

-demonize US soldiers who are only doing their duty
-publicize secret intelligence programs designed to protect Americans
-criticize their own govt overseas out of earshot of most of their fellow citizens

Anyway, that's how I see it.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dear Astygia and "aaaaa":

I can already see this thread is going to set new records at ATS.
Anyways, here's an interesting weblink about our current president.

www.capitolhillblue.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">web.archive.org...://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4687.shtml

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 10/6/2006 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
before I get slamed about my soldier comments, I'd like to clarify.

Criticism and punishment of soldiers found guilty of unlawful treatment of prisoners, assualt and murder of civilians is completely justified and absolutely correct.

I guess what I was actually thinking of was how Dems will use the soldiers as tools in their arguments against the Administration's policies.

Saying the troops are underfunded and poorly supplied etc.

I also remeber statements on the house and senate floors by Murtha, Kerry, and others comparing US troops to gestappo, Pol Pot, etc.

Unacceptable!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Right on Grady and darkbluesky!
I am so sick and tired of the leftist talking points on this website. Most of the opinions are ripped right from the MSM headlines and regurgitated in substitution for real facts. In fact many of you forget the atrocities that these animals have committed against America. I know my fellow innocent fire,police,and EMS providers did not ask to be murdered. It took the Germans marching into Great Britain until the populace would turn their deaf ears back to Churchill. We finally have an administration that is not willing to be victimized and you compare us to terrorists. It's about taking the fight to the enemy and not waiting for them to inevitably bring it to us.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by MrMedic]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods

www.capitolhillblue.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

Balderdash!

Frank should have his medical license revoked. He makes Dr. Phil look like a mental health professional.

[edit on 2006/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMedic
Right on Grady and darkbluesky!
I am so sick and tired of the leftist talking points on this website. Most of the opinions are ripped right from the MSM headlines and regurgitated in substitution for real facts.

You mean as opposed to sites like this one?

www.humanevents.com...

It took the Germans marching into Great Britain until the populace would turn their deaf ears back to Churchill. We finally have an administration that is not willing to be victimized and you compare us to terrorists. It's about taking the fight to the enemy and not waiting for them to inevitably bring it to us.

The Germans marched into Great Britain? Hmm, didn't know that. The version of history that I read had the RAF kicking the Luftwaffe's butt in the Battle of Britain thus NOT allowing any support for the Germans to advance, but I digress.

BTW, with this political bitchery going on, why not give some input here? It seems like this is what's going on here.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You mean as opposed to sites like this one?

www.humanevents.com...

Looks like facts to me not opinion.

And thanks for the history lesson but no need...Pardon my figure of speech. But my understanding of history points to the fact the British favored Chamberlain's diplomacy untill the going got tough.

Oh and please I did not mean I am sick of this website. I love it! I've been quietly reading for almost a year taking everything in. And i've just noticed a consistant change in an overall tone.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
progress and money aren't the doomsday scenarios some people would like us to believe.

Well i disagree there because my idea of progress is not giant slaugther houses and superficial robots.

That's just me though..

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
tsloan,

I don't think that the president have any say in what actually happens i think he's more of an actor then anything else so no matter who you vote for it's still the same power in control.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods

www.capitolhillblue.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

Balderdash!

Frank should have his medical license revoked. He makes Dr. Phil look like a mental health professional.

[edit on 2006/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

because he's applying his expertise to a situation and drawing a fairly logical conclusion?

bush is a bit of an arse most of the time, just look at how he constantly insults the press in his conferances.

he also has said some very self grandizing things, ie "they're trying to kill my family" (in reference to terrorists)

well bush, they're trying to kill my family, grady's family, etc. you don't need to single your family out

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
progress and money aren't the doomsday scenarios some people would like us to believe.

Well i disagree there because my idea of progress is not giant slaugther houses and superficial robots.

That's just me though..

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "giant slaughter houses and superficial robots?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "giant slaughter houses and superficial robots?

Thanks for asking the question Unkown. I thought maybe I was the only one that didn't get it.

Ram

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
news

Niether Infowars.com or Oberman qualify as news sources IMHO,

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
origin unknown,

Let me ask you, do you think it's not messed up that we grow animals for the purpose of food? is this the so called progress you are talking about?

What would you do if you were in a reality where you were born for food just because you didn't make a cute pet, would you think good of your self for providing food for those who torture you and use you for something that tastes good?

That's what i mean by slaughter houses, we are so deep into our own superficial reality that we don't even realise what we are doing.

This is just an exemple regarding your progress statement, do you actually believe this is progress? i don't.

No this is not progress, it's the oposite.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
origin unknown,

Let me ask you, do you think it's not messed up that we grow animals for the purpose of food? is this the so called progress you are talking about?

What would you do if you were in a reality where you were born for food just because you didn't make a cute pet, would you think good of your self for providing food for those who torture you and use you for something that tastes good?

That's what i mean by slaughter houses, we are so deep into our own superficial reality that we don't even realise what we are doing.

This is just an exemple regarding your progress statement, do you actually believe this is progress? i don't.

No this is not progress, it's the oposite.

Yes, but...

Pork chops taste good. Bacon tastes gooood!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join