It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't you Americans extremely angry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
2003, the unfounded invasion of Iraq. Most Americans and Westerners including me, did support the US invasion. After all, we were lied to that Saddam would, and was able to launch his Weapons of Mass Destruction on us if no action would be taken.

To remember you of what exactly has been said:

Blair on Iraq: ''Saddam's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) are ready for use within 45 minutes''

Bush on Iraq: ''The danger to our country is great, the danger to our country is growing, the Iraqi regime possesses chemical and biological weapons.''

Rumsfeld prior to operation Iraqi Freedom ''There’s no doubt in my mind, but that they currently have chemical and biological weapons.''

Bush: "I would remind you that when the inspectors first went into Iraq and were denied -- finally denied access, a report came out of the Atomic -- the IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency], that they were six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon. I don't know what more evidence we need."

No such a report claiming that the Iraqi regime was only six months away from developing a nuclear weapon had ever been released.

For the good cause many people innocent people have died, soldiers whom went to Iraq with the thought that our Western world was in danger, not even to speak about the innocent Iraqi civilians that died in enormous numbers.

If the Bush Administration sincerely was convinced of Saddam possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction I wonder why soldiers went to Iraq almost unprotected. However, I think this question doesn't really matter anymore as most among us know the answer already.

I've been thinking about this for a while, why has the American people not been pressing for the resignation of the government? Whether the Bush administration was aware of the fact that Saddam Hussein did not possess Weapons of Mass Destruction or not, they did fail, and not just a small failure. It's a failure that one should take responsibility for, in this case the Bush Administration.

How do Americans in general think about this?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I guess a lot of people are reticent about attacking their government in time of war because it would be seen as an attack on the soldiers serving in the field.

I think it's payback time in the mid-term elections.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can't speak for the American point of view, as i'm British. I supported the war and still do, it's going roughly how i expected and will probably carry on like that for a few more years.

Whilst i don't support Blair or Bush (politically), i haven't found anything to attack my government for (in relation to Iraq).

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You know I am not happy that our people have died. I do support my troups as there are there doing a good job. I believe in my mind that we are being controlled by money powers that wanted the oil supply to be stable. I bet the Saudi government feared an attack from Irag and the money people did as well. So before he could distablize the region we did a pre-emptive decision. Now this decision is not what I call a good one as it had no support from the people who got sent there. We where told that he has this or that weapon and he was going to use it. What where were not told was that he was going to go into Saudi and take all that oil for himself. Now where is the morall standing for that if he did not do this. I feel we should do after the fact instead of before that fact. Take Iran. We are monitoring the them and trying to see if thats what they really want , just clean energy. But from the sound of the man there who is in charge it sounds like he wants a holy war. That in itself is an act of war against us. Using words as weapons to threaten us without doing so is a pre-emptive strike on us. So what would you do if a country has told you that it wants you dead. And wants to bring about ,in his mind a war to end all wars. But we , being unmoral and not having the wisdom anymore do what we are told to do , right or wrong. So yeah I am angry that we as Americans are being used to fight wars that no one else will.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mdv2,

You spend enough time on ATS to be well aware that some Americans are seething with rage when it comes to Iraq, and the Bush administration in general.

Here is some dated polling showing the numbers. I don't think the percentages have changes significantly since the poll was taken.

My sense is that approx. 15% of the population hate the President and are vehemently against anything his adminstration does. Approx 15 % are solidly behind him and blindly support everything he does.

Then you've got the 15-20% at each end of the spectrum that moderately supports or opposes him based on their political affiliations. Then to the really sad part to me as an American, you have a solid 30-40% of the eligible voting population that is too consumed with Paris Hilton, Deparate Houswives, American Idol and their ilk, to have any informed opinion on the matters of the day. There is a huge segmnet of our population that is too ignorant and/or stupid to have an opinion on geo-political events that is based on an understanding of the facts.

Sad but true IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Dear Mdv2:

Why should we be angry? Why? Because we got “lubed-up” and bent over the counter? Remember the WHOLE world went along with this too. They ALL voted in favor of the first set of UN resolutions.

It was ALWAYS blatantly obvious that Saddam didn’t have any “WMD”. Otherwise we wouldn’t have “messed” with Iraq — we have never yet attacked a nuclear armed country.

Colin Powell, a man of integrity only pertaining to the advancement of his own career, always insisted that we knew exactly where the WMD sites were. When asked why we couldn’t “tip-off” the droves of weapons inspectors to their exact locations, he just hemmed and hawed. I did hear him answer ONCE though and that in itself was a miracle. He babbled he couldn’t share “strategic” information with UN officials for fear of “jeopardizing” our sources. What nonsense! Had we discovered a single “site”, the world would have been in an uproar, we would have been bloody “heroes”! And the valued “source” would have been an instant celebrity, financially “set” for life, and now doing the limbo in some tropical paradise.

No, we were born at night, but not LAST night. This war, and the next one with Iran, are about one thing and one thing only. Commandeering the world’s last remaining oil resources.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So yeah I am angry that we as Americans are being used to fight wars that no one else will.

Amen to that.

I would ask other countries if they are upset with their own governments for 'living with terrorism' and tolerating it within their own borders, instead of growing a pair and choosing freedom rather than giving up one inch to extremist nut jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I would ask other countries if they are upset with their own governments for 'living with terrorism' and tolerating it within their own borders, instead of growing a pair and choosing freedom rather than giving up one inch to extremist nut jobs.

First of all, thanks for the interesting comments, everyone.
As someone living in a country that did support and fight in Iraq I am furious, so is the opposition in the government. Did the government fall? No. They managed to get away with it. However, I am not sure why, I am trying to find out and would like to see if there are similarities between the country in which I live and the United States.

One remark: don't confuse terrorism with Iraq. It's been proven that Saddam had no relations with Al Qaeda, and can therefore thus not be used as argument.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Aren't you Americans extremely angry?

Hi--

Good question and a good topic, and especially so if your intent is to "get a rise" out of a number of people.

I can't speak for America--just myself. The answer is YESSS, I am very angry, and not just over the War. That's just another piece of cordwood on the bonfire.

For me, it is a cool pastime to look into the "conspiracy theories" up here, and yes, I believe that there certainly are conspriacies, dodges, smoke screens; layer upon layer of them such that it becomes difficult to see the simple Truth. If one would see the Truth, he should learn to look over his shoulder and behind his back, for the Real Conspiracy is in the periphery.

What angers me more is Sheeple in this country that blindly and permissively follow
the bid to end Freedom and Steal Liberty in America, all in the name of "Safety, Security, and Protection". The current Administration would view themselves as a pack of Catahoulas out to "protect" the American Herd. But, it is apparant that all they really are a litter of Mongrell SOBs--just Dogs.

Yes, I'm angry that the stoopid American Sheeple can't seem to grasp the fact that if they do not take decisive action NOW, they will go to bed one night Free Men, and wake up Slaves. Yes, it is that serious. To see it, you have to look past 9/11 and the War on Terror--that is just the smoke created to allow the "means" to develop. The real threat to this country is PAX America.

'Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"One remark: don't confuse terrorism with Iraq. It's been proven that Saddam had no relations with Al Qaeda, and can therefore thus not be used as argument."

I have to slightly disagree there, i think we spend far to much time concentrating terrorism with Al-qaeda. Hussein terrorised his nation for 3 decades, it's a very fine line between the two - granted. The fact it's another group of terrorists operating in the country now doesn't mean there wasn't terrorism before invasion (it was just in a different form). IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I concur, yet there's still no relation proven between Al Qaeda and the former Iraqi Regime. In addition, I think we may speak of the situation in Iraq being as bad or even worse than before the invasion.

Furthermore, Arabian militants militias are killing tens of thousands innocent black natives in Darfur. Not to talk about the Arabian militias in Somalia?

That's where we need to deploy our troops! The same applies for North Korea. That's a guy who probably forms a real threat to its neighbors.

The West has the military power to intervene in such regions where they really need us. Of course, financial interests are more important to our leaders, but understandable? No.

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox

Good question and a good topic, and especially so if your intent is to "get a rise" out of a number of people.

I have no intentions to 'get a rise' out of people, let that be clear. However, it amazes me that politicians don't take responsibility for their failures, especially if they have such a huge impact.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We wage a war on terrorism, not a war on al-qeada alone. That means if you use terrorism on innocent people as a means of furthering your own idealogy than you are a target. You would think all freedom loving people around the world would think the same thing, that 'dealing' with terrorists doesn't mean negotiating with them or appeasing them, it means killing them and setting up a world where we don't have to fear other men because of religious or political differences.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by super70]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"In addition, I think we may speak of the situation in Iraq being as bad or even worse than before the invasion."

I'm of the opinion it's not worse. Obviously it's to early to prove my opinion so i'd have to opt for the stance that both sides of the debate are at the moment unproven.

Totally agree with the rest of your post. Although i'd add many more countries to your list, including Zimbabwe which seems to have been forgotten in recent years.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What makes me mad(im a brit but it applys to the USA as well)is this:

After 911 all the western governments said on TV :"we must not let this event destroy our civil liberties and values"

Five years after 911 the entire western world is fast becoming a militarised police state.

Think ID cards,RFID on everything,global NSA wiretaps,the demonisation of Arabs,tasers used on school kids/pensioners,the patriot act,warantless searches,Legalised torture,thought crime,destruction of freedom of speech,totally blatant cover ups by evil politians(dyn corp etc),arrests for reading the "wrong" library books,911 truth seekers labelled as terrorists.....i could go on.

Well i just wanted to say a great big "thanks a bunch" to all those leaders who have done such a good job at looking after our values of liberty,freedom and privacy since 911.
Thanks for doing exactlly what you said you would not do.Thanks for launching illegal wars on our behalf.Thanks for sacrificing our brothers and sisters for Halliburton and KBR.Thanks for totally polarising the middle east against us.Thanks for turning Iraq and Afghanistan into a more fertile breeding ground for anti western terrorism than it ever was before 911.Thanks for destroying the cradle of civilisation in pusuit of oil.Thanks for actually legitimising terrorism in the minds of hundreds of thousands who previously had no problem with us.Thanks for spreading radioactive waste across the world with your dirty bombs,used against civilians daily(DU).
Thank you for making the biggest misrepresentation of your people in your foriegn policys.
Thats what makes me mad.
Rant over...Thanks a bunch.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It does seem like a lot more of us should be furious, doesn't it? The sad fact is we are too wrapped up in "distractions" as darkbluesky said. I am troubled when I find that a majority of folks I meet who support this administration know nothing but what Fox news and the gang have been spouting. Most of the politically inclined people I meet are in the same boat I am...hopelessly stuck between people who don't care enough to pay attention and those who follow Uncle Sam wherever he chooses to go. Too often they are one in the same.

The real question is whether or not this is coincidence or if these distractions have been carefully orchestrated by a system that would rather us worry about the next hit television show or celebrity scandal rather than the next military adventure or economic conquest. I'm leaning towards the latter.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
GREAT Post, Silicone--

MDV-- I refer to Silicone's post as what I meant by "a rise". It'as time we all spoke out on this, and you have provided an optimum opportunity to do that.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To my eyes the true terrorists are the american goverment, they are the ones who purposely inflict terror on the american people to justify their means.

And isn't that what a ''terrorist'' is?

They have been milking terrorists as an excuse for ''shafting'' us for too long now.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Dear DaFunk13,

Couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Selfless,

I think anyone who compares the American government to terrorists is way off the mark. I work with an Iraqi man (who fled the country in 1999). When i sit and listen to his accounts of life under Saddam it soon becomes apparent that we, who have been brought up in the West, haven't got a clue what it's really like to be terrorised and live under a Dictatorship. We can only guess.

The fact we're sitting here at a computer discussing our dislikes of our leaders should spell out the differences to you. Half the planet would love to be in the position we are in, with the ability to criticise their leaders without reprisals.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Origin Unknown]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey Thanks Ed Littlefox!
I agree with you too its about time everyone woke up and smelled the creeping totalitarianism...
So many people are so conditioned to believe the MSM,its truly amazing.
I love to ask the unawakened :"So how did Al qaeda make NORAD stand down on 911?"and "You want an ID card do you?Have you read "IBM and the holocaust"?"
You`ve got to be blunt to awaken them...Only definitive questions like the above will suffice in my experience.
I love telling coke users(a serious problem in the UK) that their beloved substance is in fact a Govt.plot to get them in prison/screwed in the head and that the governments actually are the biggest dealers...when they laugh i just throw "whiteout"at them(by alex cockburn).I have actually turned a couple of peoples lives around with that book,without even trying.Just got them to read it.
The truth shall set you free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join