It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lloyd shot dead by US troops, inquest told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

ITN reporter Terry Lloyd was shot in the head by American troops as he was being driven to hospital, the inquest into his death was told today.
An account by an Iraqi witness that was read out at the inquest in Oxford claimed Lloyd was still alive after the original attack on his car but was killed by US troops as he was driven from the scene.

The unnamed driver's account, which was read out by the deputy assistant coroner for Oxfordshire, Andrew Walker, gave new details of the last moments of Lloyd's life.

The witness's account was described as "very credible" by ITN's Nicholas Walshe, who led the news broadcaster's investigation into the journalist's death.

Before the account was read out, Mr Walker warned Lloyd's family, represented in court by his daughter, Chelsey, that the account could be distressing. He was told by the family's counsel, Anthony Hudson, that the family wanted to hear as much detail as possible.

"Terry was shot in the shoulder and had been lying in the sand," the Iraqi recounted. "He managed to walk to the car but was too weak to get in without help."

media.guardian.co.uk...

other links:

Story

Link

Oringinal Story

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This stuff is nothing new, no suprise on my end whenever someone gets shot ANYWHERE anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Media's continued use of "unnamed" accounts, witness's, or sources is increasingly becoming ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Media's continued use of "unnamed" accounts, witness's, or sources is increasingly becoming ludicrous.

I feel the same way when the American government uses that excuse to imprison thousands of suspects without trial.

Whereas in the case of Lloyd the truth has the potential to come out in trial, I doubt those thousands I mentioned above will ever have that chance.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

new topics

top topics

join