It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMC report; they have gone away you know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I must say I'm surprised no-one has picked up on this story here.

From a fairly widespread conviction that it would nor could ever end or be settled/sorted/resolved comes the news that many people, of my generation at least, possibly thought they'd never live to hear.

They have gone away, you know
IMC confirms IRA leadership has 'disbanded military structures'

link

- Who knows how many hundreds if not thousands of people (in Ireland, Britain and even further afield) are now alive thanks to the efforts and determination of all of those involved to tackle the 'running sore' that was Northern Ireland?

It might be an imperfect peace and the political resolution may well have some way to go yet
(but given it took over 800yrs to 'cook up' that doesn't seem much of a surprise to me).

The news that one of the most deadly paramilitary groups in the world are well on their way to becoming little more than an 'old boys club' is IMO very very welcome, no, fantastic news.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
*nods*

agreed.

As someone who had a family member killed by the IRA, its great news that the "war" is finally over and they are no longer a terrorist threat.

RIRA are still a threat, but no where near the levels of the PIRA were back in the day.

new topics

join