It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samson kills thousands of soldiers with a piece of bone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This fable in the bible should be enough to make non believer of believers. How do people believe this crap?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
what is that story again, besides samson killing a thousands of soldiers?

[edit on 9-10-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
what is that story again, besides samson killing a thousands of soldiers?

[edit on 9-10-2006 by daedalas]

Dont' know if this helps much but, I think the Philistines killed Samson's wife which in turn Samson slaughtered a heap of the Philistines.

Following this I think the Philistines captured Samson who then proceeded to kill 1000 Philistines with a bone. I think it was from an ass or a Donkey or something like that.

I'm sure someone else can elaborate some more.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Judges 13-16 tells the story of Samson. Samson's wife, not Delilah, is given to his freind after she betrays him to the Philistines. Samson then set the tails of 300 foxes on fire and the foxes burned the fields of the Philistines. The Philistines then burned her and her family to death, which caused Samson to kill the ones who had killed her. The Philistines then attacked Lehi, whose citizens took Samson to the Philistines. As Samason approached, he grabbed the "fresh jawbone of a donkey" and killed a thousand men. The story continues from there to the part abut Delilah.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hyperbole hardly disproves religion.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Damn he killed them with a bone? Ha, this must be where they got the idea for Tony Jah in the end of The Protector where he used that elephant bone to fight those huge biggest man in the universe guys. samson musta been thai

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is also a similar greek story about a hero who wins a battle by using the jawbone of an ass/horse, I can't recall the name at the moment.

Perhaps the original story was based on some common mediteranean rite that involved a horse-bone, maybe a rite of manhood or some such? And that rite got caught up in the two cultures as a story of a guy who becomes a hero?

Regardless, none of that means that the bible should be rejected. Indeed, since its acceptance is entirely based on faith, it wouldn't make any impact at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They should make a video game where you kill a thousand soldiers with an ass jaw bone. man it'd rock.

They were lucky though just think if it would've been a moose jaw!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Just think how humiliating it is for their enemies though, getting kileld by an ass bone.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Highly speculative, but consider this:

If people living at that time somehow "saw" a missile, they could mistake it or describe it as a "piece of bone"...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it was an ass bone ha ha. . .

ass bone missile it rained down a death shower.

I mean what do you tell his family? it was an ass bone, yeah . . .

hellmutt I'd think they'd describe a missile as lighting or something ya know explosion, I would've thought if they exploded in the bible version they would've been like the ass killed them instantly with a noxious gash and blunt force trauma.

dyslexiaftw

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
As far as missiles go, I think that the jawbone isn't likely, but the 'oxen with their tails on fire, running through the camp and setting it ablaze', is a better candidate. I recalll that there was a story amoung the romans about tying firebrands to the horns of oxen, and then letting them stampede into the enemies camp, setting it ablaze at night (odd that that too is repeated here). If they were firing missiles or rockets, people might not know how else to explain the rushing balls of fire other than that they were propelled by draft animals.

But, of course, the existence of missiles in bronze-age palestine seems unlikely.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Man they sure shouldve had video cameras. . .

All those great events to watch, it'd put any form of tv to shames, cept maybe eel girl or so I have heard from people that are sick and watch that and then let me know about it and not to go into any further deatail i will stop here.

Maybe he just messed up like like 10 guys real quick by jamming into them an ass bone, and then over the years the number got larger for story sake? However what about those nappy dreads?

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Lysergic]

top topics

join