It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

FBI agents slip into Canada without approval

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
Now you Canadians know what it's like.

Better secure your southern borders before we steal all your jobs.


The situations are completely different.
Those agents aren't coming up here to "look for work", they are coming up here to conduct covert operations. Something which pisses me off a lot more then petty illigal immigration.




The US has never really respected Canada, and there are reasons for it. Our cow tow'ing to their demands due to the money issue.


Tell me about it. It seems that whenever we vote in a right-wing party, they go and bend over to their American paymasters. First NAFTA, then Softwood, and now this. I'm sure Harper will come up with some excuse. He has said nothing yet. No outrage. No condemnation. Just silence. Says a lot about his Character, or lack thereof.

Just an FYI, I consider the Liberal party a right-wing party as well, especially with Martin or Ignatieff at the helm. Our equivalent of the British Labor party.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by sardion2000]




posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I always figured that there was only one country in the world that the FBI didn't operate in - the USA. It may only have a domestic charter but it has world wide interests.



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dagebow
I always figured that there was only one country in the world that the FBI didn't operate in - the USA. It may only have a domestic charter but it has world wide interests.


The FBI is charged with investigating most FEDERAL offenses. That's why they have field offices around the United States. Most crimes that cross STATE lines become a federal offense and the FBI becomes involved. For example a kidnapping that starts in San Diego is the police departments jurisdiction ... if the suspect crosses into another state, or there is reason to believe they are going to the FBI will become involved and usually will take over the case. Also you see the FBI involved in a lot of bank robbery cases because banks are FEDERALLY insured.



The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is the investigative arm of the US Department of Justice. The FBI's investigative authority can be found in Title 28, Section 533 of the US Code. Additionally, there are other statutes, such as the Congressional Assassination, Kidnapping, and Assault Act (Title 18, US Code, Section 351), which give the FBI responsibility to investigate specific crimes.


The above text was taken from the FBI website.

It is true the FBI has worldwide interests, they've been given some responsibilities relating to preventing terrorist attacks and have several field offices abroad and I believe a liason with Interpol. But they're true core has always been domestic crim, enforcing certain federal laws and coordinating investigations when they cross multi-state boundaries.



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by Astygia
Now you Canadians know what it's like.

Better secure your southern borders before we steal all your jobs.


The situations are completely different.
Those agents aren't coming up here to "look for work", they are coming up here to conduct covert operations. Something which pisses me off a lot more then petty illigal immigration.



Behold, a failed attempt at levity. See my previous post for a realistic answer.



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sorry 'bout the misinerpretation, but these types of things just piss me off to the point that any attempt at humor flys way over my head.

I personally don't mind the FBI/CIA/NSA conducting operations in tandem, with permission, with our own agents from the Mounties and CSIS. It's the covert stuff that pisses me off. Frankely I hope our agents don't do the same to you guys cuz that just impolite.



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
No harm done. "Canada eh" jabs aside, you might be surprised to know that your average serviceperson has respect for Canada, since you guys did a hell of a job giving our planes some ground on 9/11/01.

Realistically, if Canada wished to spy on something in the US, I doubt they would do so in this fashion, since again there are far more subtle and effective methods, especially when the two countries in question are friendly and literally right next to each other.

My earlier post on the subject was just an educated guess, given that's all I've heard about Canada lately; the only alternative I can think of is "counter-terrorism".

I really don't see the sense in the way FBI did this one.



posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
It is true the FBI has worldwide interests, they've been given some responsibilities relating to preventing terrorist attacks and have several field offices abroad and I believe a liason with Interpol. But they're true core has always been domestic crim, enforcing certain federal laws and coordinating investigations when they cross multi-state boundaries.


A little of what i said was in jest - i know they have a major role in domestic investigations. Just seems they are getting more involved in international concerns these days



posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To all the Canadians offended by the FBI's intrusion onto their territory, let me ask you this:

If you know about this, do you really think your government DOESN'T?

And if they do...don't you think they would raise holy hell if this was being done without their knowledge?



posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
When me and the family travel outside the US ... we always say we're "from Canada". I figure it's safer than being truthful and saying we are from the states.


Sir, I would be ashamed and disgraced over your actions, denial of country is reprehensible and you seem to practice such action, from what seems to me, unnecessary reasons. :shk:



posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
When me and the family travel outside the US ... we always say we're "from Canada". I figure it's safer than being truthful and saying we are from the states.


Sir, I would be ashamed and disgraced over your actions, denial of country is reprehensible and you seem to practice such action, from what seems to me, unnecessary reasons. :shk:


Wear the red white and blue in any other country than America, Canada and the UK and you might find out there is a very good reason to hide that you are from the US... It is too bad, but when you go around pissing people off you have to expect someone will decide to take you up on it.



posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2awake
Wear the red white and blue in any other country than America, Canada and the UK and you might find out there is a very good reason to hide that you are from the US... It is too bad, but when you go around pissing people off you have to expect someone will decide to take you up on it.


Regardless, I have to agree with Westpoint on this. If Americans are unpopular in a given area, don't advertise being an American. But don't deny your country if asked.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join