It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atta's Florida Driver's License Issued In 1999?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Look closely at this license. . .

Notice anything wierd about the date of issue? Not to mention the expiration date!

How could he have obtained a Florida license issued in 1999, ( that is only good for two years BTW & not four or six - AND It's a duplicate license ), when official reports have him entering the country for the FIRST time on June, 3rd 2000 in New Jersey???

www.usdoj.gov...

Atta's first entry - June 3, 2000, Newark, New Jersey

Atta's second entry - January 10, 2001, Miami, Florida

How can this be? He didn't even e-mail flight schools until March of 2000?

www.9-11commission.gov...

In March 2000, Atta emailed 31 different U.S. flight schools on behalf of a small group of men from various Arab countries studying in Germany who, while lacking prior training, were interested in learning to fly in the United States. Atta requested information about the cost of the training, potential financing, and accommodations.

He attended flight school from July to December 2000.

cooperativeresearch.org...

July 6-December 19, 2000: Atta and Alshehhi Attend Huffman Aviation Flight School Marwan Alshehhi and Mohamed Atta attend Huffman Aviation, a flight school in Venice, Florida and enroll in its Accelerated Pilot Program, aiming to get commercial pilot licenses. According to the school’s owner Rudi Dekkers, Atta already has a private pilot’s license—though where and how he gained this is unstated—and wants to obtain a commercial license. Alshehhi wants to obtain both licenses. They begin their training in a Cessna 172 with instructor Thierry Leklou.

Can someone help me out with this?

I found this information out while doing some research for another thread syntaxer started here concerning different photos of Atta, but I thought this was a totally separate issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

spelling
[edit on 5-10-2006 by 2PacSade]

really bad spelling!

[edit on 5-10-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade

How could he have obtained a Florida license issued in 1999, ( that is only good for two years BTW & not four or six - AND It's a duplicate license ), when official reports have him entering the country for the FIRST time on June, 3rd 2000 in New Jersey???

I think that is a question that really needs to be answered by our government. But, I'm sure that they will come back with....."it was tampered with".

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I think that is a question that really needs to be answered by our government. But, I'm sure that they will come back with....."it was tampered with".

So it's another hanging chad thing in Florida? He wasn't even here then to tamper with it???

How bout the expiration date though? I don't understand?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Without sounding factitious, can you apply for a temp 'holiday/visa' license earlier than the visiting time?

I know over here in the UK you can get a license with a comparable 'foreign' license. I dont however know if you can get one before actually coming here.

I just asking, perhaps that is the case?

edit - thinking about it know you cant get one over here - you just have a 'right' to drive over here - so pretty much ignore all that other stuff above.

[edit on 5/10/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think there is some issue with the "copies" of his DL going around the internet. Take a look at this same DL but as posted on Wikipedia ... completely different issue/expiration dates.

This one looks a little more valid to me. I work with DL's on a regular basis ... the expiration date makes more sense on this one. Most states have the DL expiring on your DOB a set number of years after it has been issued. Can't say for sure which one is correct though, either one could have been altered after it was scanned into an image.

-- edited so they picture would show up in the post

[edit on 10/5/2006 by SmallMindsBigIdeas]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
I think there is some issue with the "copies" of his DL going around the internet. Take a look at this same DL but as posted on Wikipedia ... completely different issue/expiration dates.

That's the legitimate one. I believe the first licence is a fake. Could be wrong, of course, but the key to finding out is to discover where it came from.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So it's another hanging chad thing in Florida? He wasn't even here then to tamper with it???

Maybe he got it from Tampa Bay?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

This one looks a little more valid to me. I work with DL's on a regular basis ... the expiration date makes more sense on this one. Most states have the DL expiring on your DOB a set number of years after it has been issued. Can't say for sure which one is correct though, either one could have been altered after it was scanned into an image.

-- edited so they picture would show up in the post

Thanx SMBI-

This would make much more sense with a date of 5-2-2001, and good for six years too. I was wondering on the way home from work whether it could be faked.

Officially DEBUNKED! Nothing to see here. . . Thanx again SMBI!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The actual license that is displayed seemed to have the date photoshopped from 9/1 to 9/10, not that hard. The duplcate should have a date under if I a duplicate was issued, which this shows did not.

www.sptimes.com...

Here is a local article about this.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well, the title of the car he had on the day of the attacks was issued to him on 7/17/2000. I would assume he had to have insurance and a driver's license at that point, but maybe not. Irrespective, he got a Florida title in July 2000.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Valhall,

Just so people can see this, could you post a source for that? Thanks. I would imagine he would have had to get a license before registering a car. I've lived in PA, VA, WV, NC and DC so far in my life and in at least these states, I've had to have a license before registering. Nice find Valhall. So, I guess it's back to the drawing board to find out more info on this.

I wonder if you can register a car with a foreign driver's license? Just thinking.

Edit: I actually don't think you could....if I'm correct, I believe you have to have the state's license before registering. Not sure on the laws.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mohammed Atta had a citation for not having a valid license while in Florida. He was forced to go get one hence the May 2, 2001.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I believe he still would have been required to have a valid license when registering the vehicle. Since the DMV is the one who issues the licenses and registers vehicles, I would think they would know a valid license or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

On April 11, Atta and al-Shehhi rented an apartment in Coral Springs, Florida, and assisted with the arrival of the muscle hijackers. On April 16 Atta was given a citation for not having a valid driver's license, and began steps to get one.

On May 2, Atta received his driver's license in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida.

Source

It all adds up that Atta had two seperate licenses, both of which appear to be the ones we have already posted in this particular thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
But are the dates correct on the 9/11/01? It wouldn't be too hard to photoshop once it was scanned and out on the net would it? Or is the original license from a reliable source?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Don't mind at all. First I found a news article published on like 9/11/01 or 9/12/01 issuing an APB on Atta's car. They stated it was a red Grand Prix with Florida license number GQ332Q. (I didn't save the link on that, but it's kind of a moot point now because of what I'm about to show you....suffice it to say, that's where I started.) So I ran a Florida DMV check on Florida license plate GQ332Q and got the following information:

It listed only one owner whose name I won't list here because he was an old man (born in 1925). With an original registration date of 1990 and the last tag issue date of February 4, 2000, for that owner. But it also gave the VIN and that was 1G2WK14W7KF262689.

So then I ran a Florida DMV check on the VIN. This time I got TWO title holders - one of them Atta...which probably means that Atta bought the car, registered it, got the title, but never renewed the tag because it wasn't due at the time of the purchase since it was just a few months after the old man had tagged it. The title was issued for Atta on July 17, 2000. It does NOT list a driver's license number for Atta at the time of the title issue...so that would indicate he didn't have one (or said he didn't have one).

So then I did a CarFax on the VIN and it verified that the title was issued on 07/17/2000 - so that verified at least the car changed hands on that date as the Florida DMV records show.

And this is THE Mohamed Atta because it is the exact same birth date - 09/1/1968. The address he gave to the Florida DMV when he registered the car in July 2000 was:

4890 Pampano Road
Venice, FL 34293

...which is not the address he gave he when he got a Florida driver's license in May 2001 (also from Florida DMV records). On May 2, 2001 he got a driver's license and gave the address:

10001 W. Atlantic Blvd.
Coral Springs, FL

...but definitely the same Atta (birth date 9/1/1968).

SO! That's how that thing went.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I believe he still would have been required to have a valid license when registering the vehicle. Since the DMV is the one who issues the licenses and registers vehicles, I would think they would know a valid license or not.

Depends on the state. I wish it were a requirement here in California but it is not. As it is now anyone can title a vehicle at the DMV, irregardless of their license status. According to Calif DMV it is legal to own a vehicle even if you are not legally able to drive a vehicle, I guess an example where this might be valid would be someone who hires someone to drive them around due to disability/age. They are required to produce proof of insurance, so I'm not sure how they get around that one.

I have no idea what the Florida laws/statues say about registering a vehicle, if a license is required or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was just running the VIN numbers as I saw you post that...

.. So much for me gaining any sort of credit on these boards thru this thread!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Out of State Vehicle Registration
If you are moving to Florida, the state's law requires that you register a vehicle within 10 days after engaging in an occupation in Florida or enter a child in a Florida school. You need to first obtain a Florida drivers license. Next you need to obtain auto insurance from a company licensed in Florida. Many auto insurance companies licensed in Florida provide online services. At the DMV you'll also need your original out-of-state title and VIN verification.

Source

I know this says its for those moving INTO Florida required to have a License to register, but I think we can assume you need a license too just to register a vehicle as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey - don't let me hold you back! LOL Maybe you'll find something I missed. I'm curious as hell where the car is now. Do they hide hijacker cars in some deep dark CIA lot?

hmmm...Enquiring minds want to know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join