It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you get a few new topics here per day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
...all with the same stuff. I shall be no different. I am a new member, however I have been visiting the site for a long time. When the board had the red and grey appearance. I decided to sign up because most message/discussion boards look down on new members, unlike this board. So I may as well join in the posting rather than keep my comments and opinions to myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi ixnay, Welcome to the Board!! Yea have been a lot of interesting topics lately and a few interesting debates as well as you've probably already seen lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hello ixnay,

Hope you will enjoy the stuff on this board.
Even if some topics have the same stuff sometimes, some can complete others...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
WELCOME!!! Keep your head down and your brain *on*

there's alot of nutty people here but they are all GOOD people!

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Enjoy your time here.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
that Springer mentioned.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Welcome ixnay, I too have been on the sidelines untill recently. Glad to have you on board.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't know if you need to be told this again, but I read all the guidelines and features and was amazed and the wonderful ideas this board has picked up on. Through general browsing I never noticed the ATS store and the general way this board runs is quite unique. You have to actually earn privileges and I am amazed at how incorporated moderators are to the workings of the board, and the interest of its members.

I'm not one to post a great deal, but I am most likely going to enjoy my stay here. I'd love to see how much further this board could progress.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
progression goes alot further with members who actually post..so if you really want to be a part of the achievements and future improvements, instead of just someone who *watches* on the sidelines, then post..post..post and post your earnest thoughts/opinions. Trust me, we are interested!

(course compliments are always a plus)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For the first time in a lunar eclipse I will let the above poster magestica with the waterfall in her hair speak for me. In respect of ixnay from Sydney.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
sorry, I tried to post this a few days ago, but I had some login troubles. They were very weird.

I'd come to the site, not be logged in. If I tried to login, it'd take me back to the front page not logged in. However, if I clicked a forum it would say I'm logged in. Then if I clicked a thread or went back to the main page, I'd be logged out.

I tried disabling my firewall, I enabled all cookies on weakest security, I placed this site on my Accept list for cookies on both Internet Explorer and my Firewall.

Anyway, I'm not here to make hard work for the administrator/moderators as it's obviously a problem with my PC. I can log in for the duration of the day by going to the main page, clicking belowtopsecret.com tab, then click abovetopsecret.com tab.

What I wanted to ask is, do many people have problems with bumping an old old topic to ask a question about it? Or is it seen as better to create a new topic and ask the question in that? And I really am not interested in trying to earn points. I'd prefer to bump, but wanted to make sure that was seen as perfectly acceptable.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

do many people have problems with bumping an old old topic to ask a question about it? Or is it seen as better to create a new topic and ask the question in that?

Personally, I'd suggest creating it as a new topic... Explain that you know of the other topic's existance, but you wanted a fresh take on it (that way, we don't open it up to misinterpretation with all of the old postings on it...) You may even want to provide a link to the old topic for reference.... I have no problem with rehashing a topic to find a new perspective or two....

oh, and welcome!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I'd suggest creating it as a new topic... Explain that you know of the other topic's existance, but you wanted a fresh take on it (that way, we don't open it up to misinterpretation with all of the old postings on it...) You may even want to provide a link to the old topic for reference.... I have no problem with rehashing a topic to find a new perspective or two....

oh, and welcome!

ok, thank you. the slightest re-assurance can go a long way.

I should really get a signature so my final line of the post does not blend into the site.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by ixnay]

new topics

top topics

join