It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've seen every other forum talk about the devil hurting you trying to kill you and every one thinks the devil is evil.

people the devil is not evil...think about it.(im not saying i worship him or anything like that lol)

anyway, the devil punishes people who are bad,right?.....so punishing people who do bad things...isnt that good?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShadow

anyway, the devil punishes people who are bad,right?

I thought the devil punished non christians?

.....so punishing people who do bad things...isnt that good?

If you are a Christian I guess it would good, but for the rest of the world it may not be so good.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Actually, the "devil, "Satan,""Lucifer," is an accountant. He accounts for ones' deeds.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
so it work on many diffrent religions and your veiw of ur religion

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If the devil ever gets hold of you, you'll understand why people consider him evil.

That's where the devil belongs.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting way of looking at things, but the devil isn't "punishing" you out of a good deed to God. The devil wants to destroy you.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I suggest some of you take a look at what this guy has to say about Satan.

God and Satan

Satan is not what your pastors tell you he is.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The universe is in balance. You can't have good without evil, or neither would exist.

Whether or not the devil is real, I don't know... though I'm inclined to believe that the idea stemmed from meddling aliens/entities in humanity's past. I doubt there's one all powerful evil devil-like being in control of all that's evil in the universe.

If indeed the devil exists, there's a reason for his existence and he serves a purpose in the grand scheme of things. So from a certain point of view, he's not all that bad since his existence is a requirement for this experience.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, nice link! So far I've read halfway through it, and that website really makes sense in what it says about Satan. Nice find.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Have you also noticed the devil never physically makes someone do something, that person makes the choice. I think he is the angel that has to do the dirty work for the whole plan to work. If you ever get a chance to listen to the song Devil On A Hog by Bruce Dickinson. That says it all. He is just doing a job that needs to be done.

The age of Aquarius will shed the light on it all. I personally think the devil is an Elohim that wanted things to go a different way when the Elohim genetically altered us.

The church just used it as a tool to implant fear so they could control us. We are all God and the Devil in ourselves. The churches are the devil in my mind. I bet the devil has some good beer and party gifts.

Do you ever think the devil (if he/she is real) ever gets bored of being evil? There is more to come on the subject very soon to your media.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
SpeakerofTruth, nice link! So far I've read halfway through it, and that website really makes sense in what it says about Satan. Nice find.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorax18

Do you ever think the devil (if he/she is real) ever gets bored of being evil? There is more to come on the subject very soon to your media.

Not really because it is funny how easily people fall into snares. People are gullible enough to believe everything that is spoon fed to them rather than searching for themselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Lucifer was originally the "light bringer". To Pagans, he was a good God. It was only when Christians took over Rome that they converted him into the evil "Devil/Satan" that you think of him as today. Think about it... the easiest way to make people convert to your religion is to tell them that their God is evil.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The real trouble only begins the day you submit to God ,cause as human we all are weak and doubt (with a little help from some demons) we fall under worse temptation.

If God says if He has a 100 sheep and one goes astray He will go after that lost sheep ..now won't satan do exactly the same ..i bet my ass he does.

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Jude 1:9"

satan/devils/demons are deceivers ,when Lucifer fell he was in charge of 1/3 of millions of angels that went with him,& am sure if an angel have the guts to stand up against God i do believe lots of these other fallen angels so turned on Lucifer & went their way.

I believe that not only satan is a obstacle but there are others who could maybe even be more "evil" than him.

Satan will help you on earth ,but not in eternity.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I've seen every other forum talk about the devil hurting you trying to kill you and every one thinks the devil is evil.

people the devil is not evil...think about it.(im not saying i worship him or anything like that lol)

anyway, the devil punishes people who are bad,right?.....so punishing people who do bad things...isnt that good?

The outcome is in error here because it starts with an erroneous view of the "devil".

Satan punishes no one or nothing for it is not his place to extract judgment but Gods alone. Satan is on a leash and that leash is held by God. Satan can do nothing unless God allows it.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

The outcome is in error here because it starts with an erroneous view of the "devil".

Satan punishes no one or nothing for it is not his place to extract judgment but Gods alone. Satan is on a leash and that leash is held by God. Satan can do nothing unless God allows it.

I do agree in some ways ,satan will tempt wihich causes doubt and should make humans stronger,every demon knows who is Almighty,the problem is us humans seem to ignore to know Who is Omnipotent.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The only evil in this world that causes disruption of the harmonics and the balance is that which comes from human beings.

Namely in the forms of

greed
envy
deception

All things that God established work for nothing other than the collective good as well as the individual good of all parts of creation.

The only thing that makes it all seem screwed up (but which is actually just the foreseen result of free will which is being corrected - in large part due to the ever-diligent attentions of God's 'satan's' to our needs for refinement) is that thing which some understand as 'free will' and others might call 'opportunity to choose.'

When you finally get out of prison, and you've got your new suit and your $10 in your pocket....as you walk toward the gates where Jake is waiting for you in that big car and his black shades....the warden of your confinement will be there to wish you a hearty and sincere prayer and give you a hug to send you on your way.

Surprise surprise!!! It is your uncle! Your Uncle Satan. You best thank him cause he loves you more than you know. And the lie about him lying was really a lie that another inmate made up.

Angels don't lie - up or down, they have no guile upon their lips, EVER.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Satan is only an idea i believe, the idea being that we all now die instead of living for ever because of his lie. thus satan stands for lies, deciet, deception and all thing contrary to truth.

new topics

top topics

join