It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does It Take To Become A Mod?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Nice try Advisor, but since you're already familiar with my work here at ATS already, you should know that I'm not that gullible of a fish...So, I'm not biting.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've been around the boards for a couple years now, and I admit to watching the comings and goings of the mods.

I get the impression that it's a thankless job that will never make you rich.
Members that aspire to power would never make a good mod.
They need to take criticism without being critical in return.

Above all, they need to be just in the calls they make, and willing to bend to other points of view.

Not an easy task........... :shk:

Edit: 4:32 AM EST

We have no mods, EVERYBODY PANIC !!!

Who's On - There are a total of 67 registered members and 536 visitors on AboveTopSecret.com domains right now.
anxietydisorder, asthepalacesburn, Ausable_Bill, babloyi, brettza, buthed, crontab, dAlen, darkelf, denomanis, DezertSkies, DJMessiah, Dragon12, DRONE1980, Duzey, factfinder38, feygan, Figher Master FIN, Flatwoods, Galiega, generaldisarray, georgejohn, half_minded, Harlequin, i know the truth, ignorant_ape, InTrueFiction, iori_komei, ironfist, James Daniel, JohnnyAnonymous, karlwb, Keyhole, Kismet, Loki, madhatter, Mdv2, merka, Merkeva, MidnightDStroyer, migliavacca, Murcielago, MystikMushroom, NoSuchAgency, optimus primal, Pagan, PisTonZOR, probedbygrays, Prote, RedMatt, Rogue Shadows, sandydg350762, sardion2000, Scix, shadowblade, SmallMindsBigIdeas, soul_failure, spacedoubt, Travisky, twitchy, UnstoppableForce, violet, Vitchilo, watch_the_rocks, waynos, zerotime,

Not a single mod in the house.
Anyone want to start a coup ???

Viva La Revolution...

The Members Become The Mods For Now.
Anyone That Posts In Violation Of The T&C Will Be Shot.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm here to set up a puppet government.

This is a bloodless coup.
As members log in this morning they won't even notice the change of power.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm sorry but you will need to take me down first. You will ascend to power over my cold lifeless body.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
...And even though I'm not a Mod or have any real authority here, ATS has earned the loyal service of my sword!...What better assassin to use than one to which the "bosses" can't be officially connected.

Since I limit my "kills" to ignorance, you need not fear unless you display ignorance!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
NEVER FEAR!
ADVISOR is here.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Having failed in a complete and silent takeover we can only sit and wait.

But we watch, and we learn.
Our time will come....

MUAHHHHHH HAAAA HAAAA HAAA....

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm only wondering what it takes though. I mean it's not like I want to become a mod right now. By the way, don't ya just hate it when you get annilhated in your own thread?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well whoever is running ATS today, the toilet's backed up in the staff lounge, so get to it!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Well whoever is running ATS today, the toilet's backed up in the staff lounge, so get to it!

Well we always knew you guys were full of hold on, does anyone know the score of the game?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
does anyone know the score of the game?

Well, I'm winning 3-0 in Pocket Pool.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh intrepid, there are no losers in pocket pool.

But good luck the rest of the way.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well, I'm winning 3-0 in Pocket Pool.

Yeah but you are always scratching which gives the other guy ball in hand. It's only a matter of time. lol

ok I'll stop...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
the toilet's backed up in the staff lounge, so get to it!

AGAIN!! We're just going to have to petition for a plumber to be promoted to mod, this is getting old.

(Goes off to find the plunger)

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thanks to KL this conversation has reached a whole new level. Be honest, you took a moment or two to think of that one!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This thread has lost it's direction, and is way

To wrap it up, you will become a mod when you accept an invitation to become a mod.

Post well, post often, and care about the integrity of the boards, and you may be invited to moderate the rabble.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

This thread has lost it's direction, and is way

To wrap it up, you will become a mod when you accept an invitation to become a mod.

Post well, post often, and care about the integrity of the boards, and you may be invited to moderate the rabble.

I agree, if/when the time comes it comes.

I can think of no better time to put to rest gimmefootball400's initial request, although I do believe they've received a Much greater response and clarification than anticipated.

Closed, and added to the annals ....

Thank you, All.

[edit: to add]

to+become+a+mod

if only for future reference.

[edit on 10/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join