It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does It Take To Become A Mod?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have been wondering this ever since I joined ATS over two years ago. What exactly does it take to become a moderator or a super moderator??? I do know that you cannot get any warnings or anything else that would upset the bosses. I also know that you have to have an opinion on different subjects. I myself have never gotten into any trouble on here.

I'm not asking that I become a moderator, I'm just wondering what it takes to become one. If you guys want to, you can throw my name in to the mix.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

...You dont want to know.....:shk:

link   
They MUST know how to use the search function.

link   
My advice is not to even mention a mod job.

Just dont say anything so you dont look eager.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Every thread that ever existed on this subject, contains the following quote. Just thought I would continue the saga.

First Rule about Mod Club, Never Talk About Mod Club

(Or some slight variation)

From what I have come to understand, you need to do the following:

• Be on the boards alot!

• Set a good example for other members

Alot of members take heat for asking questions like this, but I see it as knowledge being power. If you don't know, how can you help? Ask the questions, take the information and pass it along when someone else is in need.

Any information I have on ATS is only because I asked a helluva lot of questions when I first registered. A staff that is willing to go the extra mile for every member doesn't hurt either.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ah lovely another mod thread, I love these.

What does it take? It takes work hard work and money...lots of it...and pie and a willingness to go cross eyed reading every single post in every single thread you are asigned to or however it works probably some form of rock paper scissors...for instance there is a mod reading this thread and starting to realize that the only reason I'm writing this is because they're reading it and now I've just stolen ten seconds of their life that could have gone to something more productive like typing their own response to a thread or setting their tivo to record reruns Bonanza.

Being a mod isn't pretty and if the rumors I've heard about new mods having to wash Springers feet with warm milk are true I would avoid it at all costs.

Or buy some milk the choice is yours.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Basically caring about the site and participating on the boards. One necessity though is................................. a VERY thick skin. We're nasis(sic) mods didn't you know.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Frankly I don't think being a mod is a promotion. It's more like volunteering for work. Babysitting and wrangling the influx of new users and people determined to be a nuisance. Also mods find that they are not really free to speak their minds as before. Like how if a man becomes a judge, he can't walk around in town with his shirt off anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would say thats not true for all mods.

Some may soften their stance slightly, but we could all name a few mods who are just as tough on some issues as ever.

The problem arises when members get defensive if a Mod disagrees.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
First Rule about Mod Club, Never Talk About Mod Club

(Or some slight variation)

From what I have come to understand, you need to do the following:

• Be on the boards alot!

• Set a good example for other members

Alot of members take heat for asking questions like this, but I see it as knowledge being power. If you don't know, how can you help? Ask the questions, take the information and pass it along when someone else is in need.

Any information I have on ATS is only because I asked a helluva lot of questions when I first registered. A staff that is willing to go the extra mile for every member doesn't hurt either.

There's the first rule that I never violate, so I will keep it hush hush about that. I am always on the boards and have been for almost two years. I believe that I have set a good example for other members in my time here. Here's the thing about me though, I hardly ever ask any questions.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think anyone that would back the FDNY is a shoe-in for Mod status! Gimmefootball you have always stood for what is fair and true.

Someone offer this guy a mod-job!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wel apart from all the godie-two-shoes stuff that you have to be,
you also have to work for the CIA, NSA, MI-5 or the equivalent
thereof.

[That's a joke ladies & Gentlemen.]

But yeah, everything you have to be has already been mentioned.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I thought that it was known that you should NEVER ASK to become a Mod...:shk::shk:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What exactly does it take to become a moderator or a super moderator???

A very large donation in unmarked U.S. dollars. Last I heard they were accepting checks, but don't expect anything until it clears.

Disclaimer: I'm joking.

Sporty

[edit on 5/10/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I thought that it was known that you should NEVER ASK to become a Mod...:shk::shk:

The members that have not asked, how are they supposed to know?

Isn't it ironic that the only way to find out you should never ask, is by asking?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Isn't it ironic that the only way to find out you should never ask, is by asking?

Or by using the search function.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think its easy, if you are chosen, you'll notice it soon enough... Never ask.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Or by using the search function.

Search function is bunk though, hardly ever works.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
What Does It Take To Become A Mod?

It's very simple, all you need is: "Speed of the Puma, Strength of the Bear, Eyes of the Hawk!"

Seriously though, you probably need to have good grammar and spelling too.

I wud not qalify

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Search function is bunk though, hardly ever works.

Only if you don't know how to use it...

If you don't know how to use the boolean search function the Google search requires nothing more than knowing what you are searching for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join