It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Killer in La Crosse Wisconsin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I thought this was as good a place as any for this thread. The city of La Crosse Wisconsin is home to the university of La Crosse, and the city itself sits on the Mississippi river. Since 1974, 24 young men have gone missing, their bodies were later found in the river. Eight have gone missing since 1997, including the latest case last week. The cause of death was drowning in every case, and police found no sign of foul play. Every victim had a high blood alcohol content. A simple case of drinking too much and falling into a fast moving river and drowning, right? Well, there have been rumors, discussions, etc for years that this is actually the work of a serial killer. I'll let you make up your own mind after you read the articles I've provided links for. But, it is odd that there are no similar patterns of drowning is other cities that have a large university located in close proximity to a major river. Regardless, it's a very interesting subject. Read for yourself:

this article does not include the latest death, but provides a great overview of the case:
www.crimelibrary.com...

Info on the latest death
www.jsonline.com...
www.jsonline.com...

a connected death in Minnesota?
www.jsonline.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here's an update:

The death in minnesota that may be connected to this case (see last link in the above post), has now been ruled a homicide.

www.startribune.com...
www.wkbt.com...
www.wkbt.com...

[edit on 20-11-2006 by outofstep]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
On one side:
A COMPARISON OF RISK
Accidental Deaths - United States - 1999-2003
Drowning
1 out of 83,500

5 Yr. Average - 3,409

On the other, police departments don't want to admit there is a serial killer on their territory. The admission would put them into a situation where they will need to catch the person fast or face the wrath of the media and people. They don't want that to happen, so they just sit on the info denying any connection between murders, or claiming they were accidents. BTW, water removes most if not all evidence, so saying there is "no sign of foul play" just doesn't sound right.
Just my

[edit on 21-11-2006 by secret_aircraft6]

[edit on 21-11-2006 by secret_aircraft6]

join