It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV's Lost now Police State Island.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I admittedly have been a fan of ABC's Lost. The show ,in it's first two years, presented an interesting dynamic involving survivors of a plane crash and their dealings with each other as well as their pasts and fears. Last nights season premier took a hard right and proceeded down a disturbing path. There was an effort by 'the others' to break the stronger willed characters from the other side of the island. The others put them in cages like animals and forced them through coersive tactics to conform. The others knew everything about these characters lives and with that knew their weaknesses as well. Perhaps I'm viewing the glass half empty and JJ Abrams is warning us of these capabilities.Either way the show now has a much darker and foreboding tone. Did anyone else see what I saw ?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well to me it started with mystery and intrigue and kept me guessing what the island was .
But gradually it seems as though the violence has started creeping in along with kidnapping , torture , murder , sex and drugs . Its like a new Lord Of The Flies

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe you're reading too much into it? It's a fictional TV show designed to entertain. It's a great show! I love the mystery of it all. I don't think the show is any darker than it was. There had been violence and social upsets throughout the whole show. The reason it may seem more so to you this season is because you have gotten to know the characters and now they are being held against their will. It affects your emotions because you could maybe put yourself in their place and feel how they feel.

Sometimes a banana is just a banana and a TV show is just a TV show, not a NWO plot.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybe you're reading too much into it? It's a fictional TV show designed to entertain. It's a great show! I love the mystery of it all. I don't think the show is any darker than it was. There had been violence and social upsets throughout the whole show. The reason it may seem more so to you this season is because you have gotten to know the characters and now they are being held against their will. It affects your emotions because you could maybe put yourself in their place and feel how they feel

No i don't get absorbed in television and get definitely never get emotionally connected to fiction characters it just seems to be getting violent
I mean at the end of the first series they had just found and opened the hatch , leaving the viewer in suspense as to what was in it (a good ending )
But at the end of the second series it finished with the leading characters being forced to kneel at gunpoint while having sacks placed over there heads ( no suspense or intrigue just plain violence )
But statistics show that those who watch a lot of violent TV they become used to it and i numbs there reaction to it , maybe that's you , i don't know as for me i probably watch 2/3 hours a week

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No, I'm not big on violence either. I just don't know what this has to do with the NWO?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
trekkie, I put this in the NWO catagory because of my police state referrence. I would submit to you that television [particularly a show with a 27%+ share ] can be a highly suggestive tool. .I can't put alot of creedence into your claim of my emotional attachment to characters. I did see what I thought to be conditioning. And honestly in todays world, is a tv show just a tv show?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The creators of Lost aren't warning us about anything because they don't know anything.

The show, by its nature, is going to deal with lots of issues that can be related to modern events and man's general dilema. That means its an intelligent and though provoking show, not that its a warning about the NWO.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The makers of the show probably don't know about the NWO and have no ulterior motive other than to make a exciting tv programme but a good point being made is that due to years of conditioning and acceptance the directors , screen writers and producers of endless tv programmes and films always , always have to show scenes of a sexual and violent nature .WHY IS THAT ?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
regal, No one works in Hollywood repeatedly without the NWO's blessing. Look into Myron Fagen's NWO dissertation and you'll be the wiser for it!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Following up on this thread. Last nights Lost episode further reinforced the whole subjugation theme. Boot heels to the face, cardio implantation devices. This show falls into the preparation or conditioning for things to come. If you can't see it yet, you're not in tune with the ramp up!

top topics

join