It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US satellites spot nuclear activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
We should not trust high technology with these backwards fools.

Who are you to call them backwards? From what you've seen on TV? Or read on the internet?

I just think that is such an ignorant and horrible thing to say. Same, with you Giantpand, bomb them? Why should that happen? They have never threatened your way of life and probably never will.

This NK nuclear weapon test has been blown way out the window, they would never use one offensively, no nation on this planet would.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
And what evidence, exactly Z, pray tell, can you validate this absolute conclusion on:

"...they would never use one offensively..."

And if they do, what say you then? "Oops, sorry"

Kim is a deranged maniac. To put his finger on a button of this power is ludicroous. Worse, he's desparate - and he's broke. His country is miserable - and starving. If he get's "it", then, in his state of mind (the term 'mind' applied very loosely here), what's to prevent him from going down swinging, a hero to his subjects? Dr. Evil was a marshmallow compared to this lunatic.

Sorry - but having this crazy's finger on such a trigger - with potential global repercussions, will be deemed unacceptable by every other nation on Earth (especially his 'neighbors'). Too bad he has no oil or other resources to bargain with. No food, no labor force, no tangible or intellectual property whatsoever. He's toast and he knows it. Add the 'many loose screws' component, and, well - you may want to go here and get busy in your basement or backyard...

p.s. BTW - the fact that Russ (former USSR, actually) has some 12-15K warheads, and the US at least 20K warheads is not really more comforting - so this is not a rant on the Kimster alone. But if the looney gets 'em - he'll use them for ill gain - of that I'm sure - and not for defense (he's hasn't got much worth defending).

Good luck - and thanks for posting///

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Maybe I am wrong, but I can't see anyone using one offensively, no matter how crazy Kim is. Using one offensively would bring about the destruction of his entire country.

Also, do North Korea even have a sufficient platform to deliver a nuclear weapon to another country?

I guess I'm too trusting.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Also, do North Korea even have a sufficient platform to deliver a nuclear weapon to another country?

Sort of. Remember their test of the Taepodong-2 missile? It was supposed to be capable of possibly hitting hawaii, but fell harmlessly into the Sea of Japan. I'd say they could threaten the region, but not much beyond that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join