It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - UN Headquarters Goes on High Alert after Receiving Terrorist Threats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Washington is getting to heated for Republican comfort, so occurs the terrorist alert has to step in, to see if they can make the population stop thinking about sex scandals and back to terrorist attacks.

Only one problem a sex scandal will kill any terrorist alert in a hard bit.

Unless they go as far as bringing another 9/11.

Now for Rove he is talking about Iraq surprise, and I think he got it already.

It was a raid in Iraq and they think they got another man number two of alqaida and one in Iraq.

They are waiting for the DNA test.

But like I say a sex scandal in Washington will kill any number one in Iraq any time.

This warning came from the Swiss government for an overseas building. Are you suggesting the Republicans have that much influence? If they wanted a distraction here the warning would be for the US.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is no way to win with a terror attack warning, and many of them are relayed by the media by something leaked from a source inside an agency or government. If the terror level was displayed in the lower right hand corner of every television station you could turn into, that would be overdoing it, and attempting to incite paranoia. There are not daily interupptions of your soap opera's and Orpah to say that our country is over doing it. However, put on CNN or FOXnews and hte sky is falling. It is the media folks, the media. This is how it will work when there is another terror attack on US soil.

Scenario 1- Prior information of attack(weeks of knowledge), threat issued, terror warning changed to red, WMD strike in Tampa Florida- Liberal media will state since we knew about it, govt' did it

Scenario 2- No prior information released, no terror warning change, WMD strike occurs - Liberal media will state government hid it from the people

It makes no difference, it will all be reported the same. Again, the blame will not be laid at the feet of those who commited the acts, but will be used to continue erode the American government. Both sides do it, just seems like the blame always comes from the left.

There are terror attacks and cells disrupted and stopped everyday. Things that are not reported that would casue chaos. I am waiting for the first leaked terror attack warning that leads to mass evacuation or some such pandemonium.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
dcgolf,

Well it seems that the terrorist Attacks warnings are very conveniently scheduled to be in times of political needs.

They have been used to remind the population as to our vulnerabilities to the evil intents of the ones that hate our way of life.

So is not surprise that we may hear more now that Washington is in the hot burner, specially for the Republican side.

Rove boasted that it was going to be an October surprised and if what is going on in Washington is what he mean then he most has become a traitor to the administration.

But that is a slim chance . . . right now it was braking news that a very high ranking Alqaida the number one man in Iraq and number two of Bin-laden may have died in a raid yesterday.

The are waiting for DNA analysis, I believe that this is what Rove was promising as a surprised.

If they have been planning and following the number one, but the sex scandal in Washington is to juicy for the population to care at this moment and so the news.

U.S. military, Iraqi government deny reports that al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed; DNA will be analyzed

www.cnn.com...

They want to make sure that is not not Abu Ayyub al-Masri even if they are hopping that is him.

Perhaps Rove open his mouth to early to bring a the October surprise.

I think that the terrorist attacks warnings are running out of steam so the Republican party better find another way to get the public attention again to their side but not the bad side.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IMO, smart target.

Go after a neutral country, show no limitations.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Terrorists don't like the end of the week. They'd rather have major attacks on the days they can get the most TV bang for their ... uh .. bang.... Mon/Tue/Wed.

What day of the week was Oklahoma City? COuld be anti-federalist or anti-globalist terrorists.

link   

Originally posted by shots
This alert was issued for Geneva not the US, at their European Headquarters

AHHH okay then. I had heard it was for the NYC one (TV). NEVERMIND.

The Columbus Day long weekend is a nothing for this.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What day of the week was Oklahoma City?

Wednesday. www.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, I doubt that anti-federalist militias are going to go to geneva to attack a UN building anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
FF, but what day does ROVE like??? hmmmm....

I tell you my mother flies in from Phoenix today to Rhode Island and i have to pick her up at 11 pm- Its an all day trip and i surely do hope its UNEVENTFULL!

She's 80. I hope she will be safe. I would appreciate a prayer or two for her.

Today the news will be hopping for sure.

I will say a prayer for your mom & offer to stand guard on I-195 somewhere.

In reality I don't think it has to do with the day of the week.

These cowards like to strike when nobody's looking. . .

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Don't know where its at. But on the ATS here there was a post about people needed to leave NY before October 9 cause something was suppose to happen in New Jersey. And the wind could carry whatever it is to New York. I believe thats what it said anyways. Maybe someone knows what I am talking about and post a link from that site to here. If thats true could this be what they are talking about? If so they have known about this for over a month.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Shar]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lately, one cannot deny the growing trend of political "talking heads" emphasizing on national TV what the "experts" are suggesting out of Washington. I mean common sense people, they're simply reading a script or following a designated theme serving a corporate/political entity! Do you really believe that the cave dwelling radical section of Islam (ie. terrorists), would hold off on carrying out acts of terrorism based on low Media exposure? I was told first hand by the Bush Administration, specifically Donald Rumsfeld, that these acts of terrorism takes years of precise planning and depend on implementing accurate instructions to be carried out to-the-tee.

You'd think the terrorists would capitalize on the highest success opportunity when US security is flawed, and not based on US national TV coverage...

The news has offically been FAUXED!..

[edit on 5-10-2006 by syntaxer]

Ram

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

From my skunkWorks thread 622...
Some of you might have tried read my thread - But all in all the new dates are.

11 oct - wednsday
24 oct - tuesday
6 nov - monday

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'v never seen that. If your talking to me. What I'm talking about is a letter that got intercepted. Or a phone call overheard. Something like that. That told the higher ups to leave the area of New York for a couple of weeks. It was talked about on the ATS here. I don't think I posted on it so I don't remember the title or anything. Something around the 9 of October I believe is what it said.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My goodness this was hard to find. But I found it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alleged Intercepted Phone call seems to indicate New Jersey's Bayway Refinery in Linden the target of a planned terror attack. October 9, 2006 said to be AROUND the time of the attack - but this "attack" will be "staged" by OUR OWN government!

A: Right. That’s why I say you and your family should leave your nice Big Apple place about the ninth of October and go visit your relatives in Arizona. Then you can watch it on CNN.

If this is why their on high alert then it says something. Thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by dgtempe
FF, but what day does ROVE like??? hmmmm....

Oh for pete's sake.

Terrorists love mon/tue/wed because they get the media coverage. A major hit on a Friday (and a three day weekend following) wouldn't get the coverage the terrorists want.

It's common sense and it's what the terrorist analysts say in DC as well.

It could still happen, but Tuesday after the holiday, is the more likely day.

First off... there is a holiday this weekend? I am bad with dates but damn.. what holiday is it.. and will I be getting holiday pay????

Second, I did not know the UN headquarters was in Switzerland.. I thought the Swiss where not a member of the UN body, yet they host the building?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
If this is why their on high alert then it says something. Thats for sure.

That all turned out to be a hoax. makeitso mentioned TBR.Org who sells books and essentially what they were doing is selling conspiracy theories for 6.50 a pop.

If you click on the link and go down about 1/3 of the page you will find the whole transcript of that alleged phone call.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
oh ok. I'm glad you said something about that.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Didn't we first take action after 9/11 in Afghanistan on 10/07? I remember my mother asking what the 10-Code (out of service, going off air) was for 10-07 and to see if there was any significance.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just a quick notation...people like FF are thinking its New York mainly because the title says "UN Headquarters" and we all know the HQ is in NY and not in Switzerland. You might wanna adjust that and maybe say UN Outpost in Switzerland or something to that effect.

Pie

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Naw this isn't just to keep our attention ... this is a holy month... you can expect a lot of action after this month... and durning this month if anyone provokes 'them' ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join