It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Police officer can choose who to protect in the job!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
uk.news.yahoo.com...

Scum bag. Total and utter scumbag should be thrown out of the Police without a pension and a nasty letter of reprimand ringing in his CV.

"Oh im a muslim and object to israels bombing of lebanon, so i wont protect their embassy here in the uk...."

Great, what next? muslim police not protecting jews and christians from hate crimes whilst on duty?? Not turning up to a pub fight because they object to alcohol via the koran?? or could it be planting bombs and doing suicide missions because they object to the Iraq war / afghanistan war??

Great - Now at least we christians and jews know where we stand when a muslim police man turns up.. sorry mate, I want a white christian policeman, don't want to deal with a muslim.... you'd be in jail faster than you could blink....so why can he act like this and get away with it?? Scum bag of the highest order and a traitor to the uniform and all it stands for.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
WOOO WEEE!

That struck a nerve with you didnt?
I guess it happens although not so visibly, like white cops not responding to calls from blacks in rough neighborhoods or a black cop not showing up in Cahocta, thats a small town in my state where they have clan rally's. I do see your point here though if they make him do it because its his JOB they just might set off the whole muslim world with them crying and demanding blood!

The Muslims do have a double standard dont they? What a bunch of weinies!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
TBH mate that post comes across as hate-filled.

It's a labour issue between a copper and his employer and as a senior copper pointed out on R4 this morning many policemen ask to be moved from one duty to another for welfare reasons and it's standard practice to grant requests where the reasons are valid.

AS I understand it this guy is now back doing DPG duties including the Israeli embassy.

Met many coppers in my time most were OK some were complete ********s but their colour / creed didn't seem, to me, to be a determining factor.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hate filled? no its an utter despaire at the state of the Police when an islamic officer can choose who and what he can protect.

Soldiers cannot choose where to fight. Fire fighters cannot choose what fires the go to or accidents. Nurses cannot choose who to nurse, Paramedics cannot choose to treat or not treat. They are all public services that serve the ENTIRE public, not just sections of it / races / religions of choice.

PUBLIC SERVICE ON PUBLIC MONEY.

Its not a welfare issue either The Israelis are not going to kill him / his family for his job are they? no not at all- whats his problem with israeli embassy? will he refuse to work the American embassy? will he refuse to protect the Russian embassy? choose not to protect the Phillipines embassy?? A Police officer CANNOT AND SHOUL NOT be able to choose and swap because of his personal problems - they have to stay at home - Policing is not about your own personal beliefs, its about POLICE duty - a duty to ALL.

Now one muslims chosen not to protect jews, where does it stop?

Disgrace. Its not an issue of me hating, its about me thinking that now ones done it, where will it stop??

Any one see a vegitarian officer refusing to guard an animal lab because it conflicts with their views?? an Irish officer refusing to protect Tony Blair because of the UK troops in Northern ireland.... A jewish officer refusing to protect an islamic MP or investigate hate crimes against muslims because he doesn't 'agree' with their views any way?? slippery and dangerous slope thats now being walked across.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is actually a bit of a non-story. The guy is married to a Lebanese national and his father is Syrian. It was more a 'I'm a possible liability here' than anything else. Here's the link to the story on the Beeb - a better sourse than the Sun, which broke the story and gave it its' own moronic slant: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Another example of how the media can twist the stories and make people believe what they want them to. So the policeman was trying to 'protest' and condemn the actions of its employers, ie, Israel. And did it peacefully.

Seems like wataver muslims do turns about to be moronic and hate filled. whether they do it peacefully or not and you talk abt double standards. If I was a servant and I found out that my employer just went and killed an entire village of people, even I wud refuse to work for him or protect him.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Another example of how the media can twist the stories and make people believe what they want them to. So the policeman was trying to 'protest' and condemn the actions of its employers, ie, Israel. And did it peacefully.

Exactly, once again the media inculding the Sun newspaper has blown this out of all preportion.

Until there is a full investigation the rumours will fly around. (Which is underway).

In anycase, this particular police office has not right to pick and choose which ambassy he wants to guard. He signed up he took the oath to protect the puiblic under any circumstances. If it is proven that he refused on morale grounds. Then he should have either been sacked or suspended.

No Army officer can refuse to carry out his orders on morale grounds, he would be court martialed.

So what is the difference between the both none.

You cannot decide to change your mind, just because you do not agree with it on morale grounds.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

Exactly, once again the media inculding the Sun newspaper has blown this out of all preportion.

Until there is a full investigation the rumours will fly around. (Which is underway).

In anycase, this particular police office has not right to pick and choose which ambassy he wants to guard. He signed up he took the oath to protect the puiblic under any circumstances. If it is proven that he refused on morale grounds. Then he should have either been sacked or suspended.

No Army officer can refuse to carry out his orders on morale grounds, he would be court martialed.

So what is the difference between the both none.

You cannot decide to change your mind, just because you do not agree with it on morale grounds.

The officer took written permission from his superiors to be excused and he was granted that permission. So it should be the superior who should be put under scrutinny not the officer. But wait, the officer is muslim so somehow he shud be shown as the bad guy.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hm

i'm a jew, i refuse to protect hitler....

similar case, so please, respect his right to protest a government's action by not protecting that embassy

it's not like he just walked out, he requested to be transferred. he didn't attack the embassy either

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
no, you are misinformed and the story has been spun and twisted by the our media (yet again)

He was moved so he and his family were not the targets of extremists. This is no different from the Catholic RUC officers in Northern Ireland during the troubles who had to protect non-Catholic communities of Northern Ireland.

but of course, its "apparently" different for Muslims

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not only would it be a possible threat to his family, but it could also be a security hole if by chance they got hold of who he was , located his family in Syria or Lebanon and possibly blackmailed him into doing something or looking the other way. It could also work another way where if something happened to the embassy, him being a muslim and having Arab blood, might make him a suspect if something were to ever happen. I don't blame him and he's in a precarious position.

BTW there are tons of videos out there showing IDF soldiers turning their backs while Israeli settlers threaten, destroy property and other such things. I guess its ok for them to not only deny them protection they are supposed to get as being Occupied citizens, but totally ignore their duties in order to give preference to their own kind. Probably one of the reasons why the Israeli embassy outside of its own borders would request special security needs in the first place.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I really hate when one Muslim person does something that is seemingly wrong to someone not of their culture, the entire Musilm community gets labeled. It makes me sick.

This police officer has his own mind, he requested a transfer, why did it hit the news? If a white police officer refused to protect the Iraqi embassey, it wouldn't hit the news.

The British media is vile and disguisting, spreading rumours and effectively wrecking peoples lives.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
alright, i'm steamed

i hate it when the media messes with stories to the point that i get misinformed...

damn you media, you blew it (the story) up!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You just don't get it do you?? A Police officer in the UK has to be seen to be fair and inpartial - he cannot pick and choose who he defends - you start that you are on a slippery slope back to militias.

Now, a copper in London can refuse to defend jews, but scottish fire fighters who didnt want to go to a gay ralley get fired / demoted and accused of homophobia...

so again one rule for muslims one rule for the rest....thats
wrong

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The way I see it..............

This cop is on the public pound, and thus, is obliged to protect all aspects of the public. If he can't fulfill this obligation, he should find a new career or should switch to private security.

I am a pagan and I believe in secular governments, yet I when I was in the army, I was sent to Saudi Arabia, a country whose system and beliefs I despise, to defend their oil fields. I didn't get a choice there, when I signed up for the army, I agreed to go anywhere they sent me.

If this guy cannot defend the public because of moral or political issues, he should find other work.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When i joined the British Army i swore an oath of allegiance to the crown, her majesty and her succesors. The same oath i believe is sworn by the police. Now that i have left i still stand by that oath and am proud to display the certificate on my wall for i would defend and protect my country at the drop of a hat.

This person however seems to forget he swore a oath of ALLEGIANCE to the crown and therefore should follow the orders set over him. The fact that he doesnt want to fulfill his job disgusts me. If i had turned round in Northern Ireland and done the same id end up in Military Jail.

Guess what my platoon in Ireland was half protestant and half catholic and do you know what that meant???????

...........Absolutely sod all. We were all doing the same job and any beliefs were left at home. Its called being proffesional something this police officer knows nothing about

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
D4rk your getting rather excited over this arent you, for a start the police officer was on Israeli soil not the UK and as an individual in a democratic country he has a right to voice his opinions and concerns. If his employers thought he was wrong in what he did then they have procedures in place to deal with such issue's just as any employer does.

If your bothered about certain groups voicing their views then use your voice thats what its there for. Dont slag of a group of people who want to stand up for their rights, if your not happy with these issues then do something about it rather than coming out with what could only be construded as hate filled racist views. People who stand up for what they believe in should be admired not vilifield by the state controlled media. The more you deny the rights of others the more you erode your own rights.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
all i can say is well said D4rk Kn1ght i completley agree with you who does this police officer think he is? magic you asked d4rk to "use his voice thats what its there for" well he did start this thread didnt he? its more or less the same as using his voice and now his views are being percieved by you as racist lol, muslims are a religion not a race so its "religionist" if there is such a word.

he should be sacked for failing to do his duty, do any other people use ridiculous exuses like his, i dont know for sure but a feel fairly safe saying hell no! my mam works with catholic men and women who help pregnant women with abortions...does that not go against what they believe? yes it does but when there at work there job comes first its called being professional!

all this sympathy for muslims is wearing thin on me and i know im not the only one. you cannit say anything without being called racist or islamophobic its a complete disgrace

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So....by all of your logic, reasoning and professionalism, if ur employer goes and murders someone then he wants you to protect him from the police, then by your logic you should not object and dutifully obey him instead of handing him to the police.

Im getting tired of the way the world percieves muslims....and because of what? because of osama bin laden, or what bush says? because some fanatics do something in name of religiong even though the religion strictly forbids it.

The police man had every right to choose to protect the embassy. Just because he signed up to be a policeman does not mean he has to do it for the rest of his life...also does not mean he is bound to the job and his duties always.

He felt the people he was protecting commited a crime (he was right) so he decided to not be associated with them or be employed by then. I dont see anything wrong in that.

As far as military goes, i know they have to follow whatever orders they get. This is why they have to kill people in other countries wether they approve or not coz Bush says so. Thats why the world is such a mess rite now. If only more people like the police officer stood up to right thing and against murder, the world wud be much safer from rich billionaires like bush and osama who play all of us just to get richer and richer.

A friend of mine was in the US military and he was posted in iraq. He said he doesnt even know why they r killing people there. It seems pointless to him but he has to follow his orders. He doesnt even like Bush but he has to listen to him. Ofcourse he cannot say he wont do his duties because he will be court martialled.

But the police officer actually took permission from his seniors to not be posted at the embassy anymore. But no matter what he did, it still seems like a crime, just coz hes muslim. Israel killed thousands of people and he was against it so that makes him a terrorist. Where is the justice in that?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
if hes a police officer then he should do his job properly. whats the alternative can a ask? the muslim police force, the jewish police force. i believe to this man his religion comes first AND THATS WHY he chose not to guard the embasy

im sure i seen on bbc when this was all unfolding that he feared his face may have been shown on lebanese tv during the war and his family may have been subject to punishment, even though one of the first things israel hammered were the tv stations

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join