It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone read the magazine Paranoia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was surprised to see this magazine on such topics at Borders but out of 1000s of magazines there had to be one. It covers almost a match of topics per the forums on this website.

Anyway interesting points I read in the interview of Texe Marrs author Codex Magica. The last time I saw Texe I said it will be the last I see or hear a word out of his mouth. He would have these shows going on with a million quotes from books about Masonry followed with pictures from everywhere. Pictures were sometimes of interest but that was it nothing more than rare shots.

So I give this interview a shot and was surprised the content actually kept me for more than one paragraph. It involve the actual magic speculation within groups. He didn't go into detail but talked of Ritual magic, ceremonial magic and magic in numbers. Magic by numbers is more people more power type of speculative thought.

In this interview many direct questions were asked about such things which made this interview interesting. I would suggest picking up this month's copy or if I have time I will type it up. I know it is all speculative but that area is of most interest and myself. Many people like to debate that magic starts and ends with you which I fully disagree. For myself I tend to stick with the BOTA standard of keeping it applied to myself and reaching for levels to clean my rough edges so to speak and also have a positive affect in situations with others and projects.

Like the countless books I have read and purchased on Masnory and occult non have touched this area very much. There was only one of them that touched on mystical rites of various passage and at least one of them was pretty close to what I experienced in my research.

I would like to open this topic to that subject of true magic practice in any of it's forms and who and what groups practice it and how many of you feel it being a real factor? I guess if we live in a world of remote viewing being a better chance of going on than not I would imagine many of these things would be open as possibilities.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
they use a term like magic, because it probably is so easy to manipulate the public to do what they want. what secrets would secret societies have anyway that is so powerful that nobody would really want to speak out against them.

texe is ok, but like so many when money is your god it clouds your judgement. i think he is more sincere than alex jones is, but listening to him he does go on about money alot.

but alot of his info is ok.

any chance you can either scan the article and put on web, or copy it here so we can read. thx

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb33rd

I would like to open this topic to that subject of true magic practice in any of it's forms and who and what groups practice it and how many of you feel it being a real factor? I guess if we live in a world of remote viewing being a better chance of going on than not I would imagine many of these things would be open as possibilities.

I would say that the vast majority of occult groups in existence today practice a form of Magick derived from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. The entire curriculum of the Order up to the Grade of Adeptus Minor( including initiation ceremonies, magical formulae, etc.) was published in the book "The Golden Dawn" by Dr. Israel Regardie, a former member of the Stella Matutina branch.

Cug

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I would like to open this topic to that subject of true magic practice in any of it's forms and who and what groups practice it and how many of you feel it being a real factor?

Here is a short list of the major players today.

Western Ceremonial Magick (hermetic)

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (The most influential group)
The Open Source Order of the Golden Dawn,
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn/Rosicrucian Order of Alpha+Omega
The Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn
B.O.T.A.

Thelemic Magick Kinda belongs in the above group, But it's what I do so I gave it it's own list

O.T.O.
A.'.A.'.
Typhonian OTO
Ma'at Magick
H.O.O.R.

Western Ceremonial Magick (neoplatonic)

Aurum Solis (Ogdoadic Magick)

Chaos Magick

Illuminates of Thanateros
T.O.P.Y.
I think most Chaote's are not the joining type.

Satanic Magick

Church of Satan
The First Church of Satan
The Temple of Set.

Neopagan

Wicca (too many groups to mention)
Druidism (ditto)

Traditional

Santaria
VooDoo
shamanism

I know I left out many groups, this is just off the top of my head.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by Cug]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Andy :

You are right about money. Assuming he talks about it as he lives for it. In the interview he could not say "Codex Magica" enough. I had it when people do that on books. I figure if I have something you want, you will get it. If I repeat myself saying I am selling it, it's a waste of breath. I will go down and fire up the scanner and get this on here for all to read.

Also here is the link of the magazine
www.paranoiamagazine.com/

MasonicLight:
That book The Golden Dawn is it online anywhere? I am also curious if you know or have seen any real forms of magic take place? I have always felt in a group setting you could make things happen in an intiation.

Cug:

Thanks for the info on those groups. If you have time and know would you mind posting exactly what actions are done with magic per group?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I forgot to ask, Is there a true Golden Dawn lodge still in exsistance? Where was the original lodge and/or grand lodge when they started?

Cug

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

That book The Golden Dawn is it online anywhere?

I have never seen it online, if you go to amazon you can read it (in 6 page chunks)

I am also curious if you know or have seen any real forms of magic take place?

All the time

Thanks for the info on those groups. If you have time and know would you mind posting exactly what actions are done with magic per group?

That would take a rather large book, so nope I don't have the time. The questions you're asking are way to general.. kinda like "please explain physics to me". Or are you asking what can you do with magic?

I forgot to ask, Is there a true Golden Dawn lodge still in exsistance?

That depends one what you mean by true. The Golden Dawn proper broke up in the early 1900's and several splinter groups carried on for a while. The groups that call themself The Golden Dawn today are basically recreations of the original order.

Where was the original lodge and/or grand lodge when they started?

London.

Here is a good page on the G.D. history.
www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

MasonicLight:
That book The Golden Dawn is it online anywhere? I am also curious if you know or have seen any real forms of magic take place? I have always felt in a group setting you could make things happen in an intiation.

Cug has pretty much answered the above, but I didn't want to seem rude by noy responding.

As for my personal take on Magick, I'm a member of Builders of the Adytum, an occult society founded as the successor to the Alpha et Omega Temple of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

new topics

top topics

join