It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leveling off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Major discovery
Is it me or has there been some sort of leveling off when it comes to technology and archeology
In other words there has been no major development in the field of technology the car is still the same the computer is still the same and on and on, there also has been no major discoveries considering that civilization has been around for 10.000 to lets say 20.000 before arguing the dates lets just say im basing them on the pyramids considering that it took some technology to construct.
Where are the city’s on the moon where are the flying cars and I love to have a nuclear car …
And let’s find Atlantis lol or find out about the Bermuda triangle.
Is this it, are we at the end of development before the next great catastrophe so we can start all over.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its all about perspective of the time period you live in, earth constently changes and moves, why do you think everything is underground thats old, its part of the geological functions of the planet, and iunno about citys being on the moon, but theres are towers.

Best image i can find to date, just coming from my archive sitting around here.

Its not that you have to believe it, its you have to question weither you really know history and all the facts that have come to pass. All I can do is point in a direction, check out a book called Undergound! Disinformation guide to ancient history. It goes through all the theorys and findings throughout history.

Also another fact you have to accept for sure is the mysterous underwater structures over in Asia off the coast of japan and down into Taiwan.

www.morien-institute.org...
www.morien-institute.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

In other words there has been no major development in the field of technology the car is still the same the computer is still the same and on and on.

They're only the same in their primary use, both have changed due to breakthrough technologies over the years, especially over the last
decade.

Where are the city’s on the moon where are the flying cars and I love to have a nuclear car …

Well the technology for flying cars is a few decades off, considering
the only economic way to have flying cars is by using EMF, or Electro-
Magnetic Fields.

Space development has been hindered by politics, and funding,
had we continued the route we were going when we were doing the
lunar landings we'd already have orbital habitats, and human bases
on the Moon and Mars.

Nuclear powered cars will most likely never exist in wide spread use,
it's to dangerous, to expensive, and the technology for it is very
complex.

And let’s find Atlantis lol or find out about the Bermuda triangle.

Atlantis may or may not have existed, I think it did, but it's most
likely
gone if it did.
There are peoples who have claimed to have found Atlantis, both
in the Mediteranian and in the Bermudas.

There are great discoveries everyday, it's just tat there not repor-
ted on, because humanity has become a bunch ofdiotic slobs who
are more concerned with which celebrities are dating who, than the
sciences, and so you rarely ever hear about it in the news.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I love the way this thread is going because it’s not going into the ranting that usually go on this site, the idea that politics, religion and the every day gossip that the media loves to report on.
We need to let the world see what science and archeologist have to offer our world so that we can further explore our future and learn from our past.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
Major discovery
Is it me or has there been some sort of leveling off when it comes to technology and archeology

No offense, but I think its just you, when it comes to technology that is. Archeology however, has leveled off due to the fact that the sites of the most interest are located in parts of the world that are extremely unstable. I would love to go on a dig at the site of ancient Babylon.

In other words there has been no major development in the field of technology the car is still the same the computer is still the same and on and on,

Huh? The car has been constantly evolving for over a Century. The next big step in that area is EV, Hybrid vehicles and Autonomous driving. Google up the Tesla Roadster and DARPA's Grand Challenge III.

As for computers, that technology is progressing faster then any technology we've developed in the history of mankind!?!

10 Years ago I had a Pentium MMX 233 MHz processor with 128 MB of Ram with no Video Acceleration.

5 Years ago I had a P4 1.2 GHz rig with 512 of RDRAM, with a Geforce 3 which had 64 MB of VRam.

Now I have an AMD64 2.2 GHz rig with 4 Gigs of DDR2 ram, with an two 7900 SLI video cards which each have 256 MB of GDDR2 VRam and a dedicated PhysX Accelerator card.

The future is looking bright. I plan on buying non-volatile Ram as soon as its available(ram that doesn't lose data when the power is switch off) and a Flash hard drive that will allow instant boot times.

In the future there is the possibility of even more powerfull and efficient chips based on a variety of possible techniques like: Spintronics, Optronics, and Quantum Chips. 3d visor monitors are available now that give you the illusion of looking at a 40" screen from 10' away.

How is that stagnant?

There are no cities on the moon because the Apallo program was a Public Relations excersize to say "we beat the ruskies to the moon." As for flying cars, they already exists, they just don't exist in the numbers predicted. Google up Moller's Skycar for one attempt.

As for a Nuclear car, no you wouldn't want one.

Technological progress is actually accelerating in a near exponential rate. It's hard to see from the laypersons view, but the progress is all around you. In the plastics you use and in the car you drive. Just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it isn't happening.

If you want a better view, become an Engineer or a Scientist.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Many of the points made here are correct but we still have cars that depend on the wheel and a motor of some type considering that we have come a long way you still have to consider the evolution the same with computers all that has been said is about speed and stability but we are still limited to the interaction considering the field of AI.
Archeology will always play second string to politics and religion, considering all the facts we have gone faster higher and gotten smarter but still considering 10.000 to 20.000 years of evolution it took less tech to get to space in the 60 then it does to day and we still cant get to the moon we have so much tech but the sea floor at its depths are still a mystery we can see million of light years in space but we do not have a satellite that can penetrate the ground or vast forests to get an idea of what exist here on earth

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Measuring progress by lookin at how we transport ourselves from A to B or how we convey information is a flawed metholodology.

The true measure of progress lies in how much and how fast we gather Knowledge.

You can see an accelerating trend by looking at it like this.

It took a hundred thousand years to go from from walking to riding a horse.

It took thousands of years to go from riding horses to using teams of horses to pull a carriage(or train of carriages)

It took hundreds of years to go from the Horse and Buggy to Trains.

It took decades to go from Trains to the Automobile and Lighter then Air flight.

It took only a few tens of years to go from that to Heavier then air flight and then onto Supersonic flight.

Same thing goes when looking at how we convey information.

It took us a hundred thousand years to go from Cave Paintings to Animal Hide scrolls.

It took us tens of thousands of years to get from Animal based parchment to paper based parchment.

It took us a thousand years to figure out to bind all these paper scrolls into a book.

It took us hundreds of years to figure out how to mass produce them with a printing press.

It took us a few centuries to go from the printing press to the type writer.

It took us only a few short decades to get to the computer and the internet.

But that is only the the symptoms of accelerating progress and not the root cause.

The root cause is quite simple. Every so often the amount of Knowlege we gather doubles and the rate of that doubling gets halved every interval. Right now we are at I believe a doubling of Knowledge every decade. Soon it will be every 5 years, then it will be 2.5 years, and then it will be 1.25 years, then less then a year, then less then half a year, then less then a month, then less then a week. Eventually, our progress will become so fast that every second of every day our knowledge will double. This is called the Technological Singularity and it's coming at us at a breakneck speed. We will eventually reach the limits of technology, but I don't think its anywhere near us now.

top topics

join