It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Security Act of 1947

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We can all thank Harry Truman and the Roswell incident for The National Security Act.

I mentioned this in another forum and was alerted to 3 interesting provisions of this Act.

From the National Intelligence Act of 1947.... I think we can safely say that our current Chief Executive has violated these provisions....

SEC. 501. [50 U.S.C. 413]“The President shall ensure that the congressional intelligence committees are kept fully and currently informed of the intelligence activities of the United States, including any significant anticipated intelligence activity as required by this title.”

SEC. 501. [50 U.S.C. 413] (b): “The President shall ensure that any illegal intelligence activity is reported promptly to the congressional intelligence committees, as well as any corrective action that has been taken or is planned in connection with such illegal activity.”

SEC. 501. [50 U.S.C. 413] (e): “Nothing in this Act shall be construed as authority to withhold information from the congressional intelligence committees on the grounds that providing the information to the congressional intelligence committees would constitute the unauthorized disclosure of classified information or information relating to intelligence sources and methods.”

Linky: www.intelligence.gov...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I guess I should have posted this in the threads about NSA warrantless wiretapping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have a U2U about possibly moving this thread.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good find FAllenFromtheTree. I had already connected the National Security Act to the Roswell incident, but I didn't know about the wording in the Act. Yet another law that Bush has broken.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Unless there is an amendment to the National Security Act, it appears that this administration has no right to block any investigations by the Intelligence Committee.

At the moment, it's more relevant to the probe on warrant-less surveillance of American citizens, but it
also has strong implications in the quest for truth about ET's and the suppression of technology.

It would be interesting to know how the newer Freedom of Information Act affects the National Security Act.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"National Security Act" of 1947 was never submitted to Congress for approval.

It contained many unconstitutional provisions and violations of American liberty
and sovereignty so the test of approval was canned.

It is a road map, operations manual, and went into effect through executive edict.

So its not a law, its a rule of thumb.

That text sounds different from the opinion I stated above so I can't tell where
the truth lies.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

TITLE VI - PROTECTION OF CERTAIN NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION

Sec. 601. Protection of identities of certain United States undercover intelligence officers, agents informants, and sources.

Sec. 602. Defenses and exceptions.

Sec. 603. Report.

Sec. 604. Extraterritorial jurisdiction.

Sec. 605. Providing information to Congress.

Sec. 606. Definitions.

From
www.intelligence.gov...

No links to text on those. If ufos are deemed nation security then its a gravy train
to do anything to keep it secret, like: support movies and books about ETs,
not say anyhing under national security orders, divert the attention of the nations
people in any way possible, the military-industrial complex speach of Eisenhower
that is vague as mud, JFK media guide speach vague as mud as far as saying
we have no control over the ufo technology or the people in control if it.

Is that what we are talking here?

Bush is far removed from control of what is national security.

[edit on 10/7/2006 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 10/7/2006 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join