It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound picked by camera

page: 1

join
share:
SHA

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Maybe it's just some weird electronic noise from my digital but still I'd like you to comment on it, specially people who know morse code, I'm wondering if the clicking sounds have any relevance, check it out link

[edit on 4-10-2006 by SHA]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm not great with computers so give me a clue. I hit the link but there wasn't anything that would have to do with your camera that I saw.

Yes, I am one of those stupid humans give me the clue, please.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by observe50]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Same as observe here, nothing.

I think you got the link wrong mate.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Its right there guys...click where it says Download for free with Filefactory Basic, then click on Skip this Ad , then click on download the file

It just sounds like regular computer noises that it may pick up if its not shielded properly. It actally sounded like music of some sort. It could be picking up radio signals. While your computer may not be allowed by law to generate signals it can still pick up outside signals.

Pie

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Listened to the mp3, I don't know what this is, sounds a bit like an electric motor or hard drive writing.

It's common for some digital camcorders with onboard mic to produce noisy recording problem, an external mic must be plugged for better audio quality.

If this was only momentally noise appearing for a short time on your recordings, then this could be any electromagnetic interference as ThePieMaN mentionned.

For example I hear this kind of noise often with my radio scanner tuned to certain frequencies near my computer, I can hear a slight screeching noise matching exactly the cursor movements on my screen, or on some other freqs I hear similar noise corresponding to the processor busy on ressource intensive tasks.

SHA

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thx for your replies, the sound was picked by a Sony Cybershot DscP8 in video mode, the screeching sound is pretty much always present but most of the time less audible, anyway what got my attention was the clicking sound, after playing back the video, I could see the recording was going fine and then all of a sudden it started to pick that.

top topics

join