It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo and the Ghosts of Onyx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Halo Wikipedia Halopedia has an article on the next book in the Halo Universe: Ghosts of Onyx

Front Cover:

You will note one of the Spartans has a different helmet than the others, which could mean they are in fact the next generation of Spartans.

Back Cover:

[edit on 4-10-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
After reading the book I was VERY unimpressed, the spartan characters seemed well out of character from thier original ones in Fall of reach and First strike. The whole "expendable" spartans IMO seemed a bit...idiotic, sure you just blew up 7 covenant ships...at the cost of what though? 200 odd spartans? Come on, even an idiot like me sees those as rather....idiotic exchanges.

And the whole spartan 051, what the hell man?

I was led to understand john had never failed in a mission , if so then how could he have been beaten by someone with "the feeling"?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't like the look of that helmet. It seriously looks really weird

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Waste of resources, advance suit SPI for the Spartan III, MY GOD its nothing compare to the Mark V armor suit. Just an added capability which is the adaptive camouflage,no shields, but barely withstand the plasma hits. In my opinion waste of lives in the story, 12 year old kids wasted. A squad of Spartan IIs may have done the job without having to spend 300 Spartans to charge in and destroy the shipyards. Could have combine the Mark V suit with the capabilities of the SPI, the Spartans would be equivalent to the Elite armor since they now have the ability to blend with the environment in a way. Not exactly invisibility, but better than nothing.

Its an interesting story, not exciting as the previous ones. Maybe the author can improve it, with the addition of the new characters.

top topics

join