It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark of the Beast and Credit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here's an idea that just popped into my head.

The mark of the beast is a number, and that number is somehow involved in permiting people to purchase things.

So what if, at some point in the future, all actual money is eliminated, and people can only get things via credit, even purchasing milk at the local store requires a credit transaction, and what if the minimum credit score required to make transactions is a score of 666 (or 616, depending on which number of the beast you are working with)?

I am not advocating this, but it seemed like its the only mark of the beast idea that works with actually purchasing stuff, as opposed to the social security number, or biometric ids, rfid, tattoos, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting. Your credit score (at least in the US - not sure how it works elsewhere) ranges between 300 and 900. And of course the actual formula for arriving at that score is "proprietary" if not completely subjective. We have a basic outline of how it's determined, but not the actual formula for determination.

So on the one hand (no pun intended) that's not a preposterous idea.

I think the biometric scenario is a lot more plausible than an rfid implant or tattoo, mainly because a tattoo or implant isn't necessary. The technology to use a fingerprint is available, which means you wouldn't be required to get a "mark".

For this to be the true literal biblical "mark of the beast", it would require some universalization (if that's a word) for the credit scoring, since everyone on Earth would have to qualify with the same score. Which takes us in an altogether different direction, as in one-world government. >cue creepy music<

Personally, I don't believe in a literal "mark of the beast" or give any particular literal significance to the 666 or 616 number.

We are the beast. koo koo kachoo.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

So what if, at some point in the future, all actual money is eliminated, and people can only get things via credit, even purchasing milk at the local store requires a credit transaction, and what if the minimum credit score required to make transactions is a score of 666 (or 616, depending on which number of the beast you are working with)?

The idea you presented is not new. Actually, it is generally believed that credit cards are another step towards a cashless society which in turn will pave the way for the "mark". First there were checks, then the checks evolved into credit cards. Now, many government agencies seem to be implying that it would be easier to use "verichips".

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The mark of the beast is a number, and that number is somehow involved in permiting people to purchase things.

I am not advocating this, but it seemed like its the only mark of the beast idea that works with actually purchasing stuff, as opposed to the social security number, or biometric ids, rfid, tattoos, etc.

It will happen. After the rapture, cash will be done away with.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The idea you presented is not new.

Well actually, it think it might be new. At least I hadn't thought of it or seen it before. The cashless society isn't new, nor are the ideas of implants or biometrics. What is new (at least to me) is the idea that your credit score would have to be a certain value (in this case, either 616 or 666) in order for you to participate in this new "cashless society".

new topics

top topics

join