It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intranet Site Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hello

I need help with an intranet site i've been asked to do at work

I've got it all up and running, but I want to be able to change the name of what people type into the address bar to access the site.
At the moment it only works if I type in the Server name or IP address where the site is hosted.

How can I change this? Is it a setting in DNS?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In the end it's all mapped back to an ip address so yes, this is a DNS issue. You need to map the name you wish to use to an ip address in your domain DNS settings.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I thought so!

Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It's not necessarily a DNS problem. (If it's not fixed by now.)
What do you use? IIS? If it's IIS then you can specify as what the server's site can be seen. You can specify either an IP or a name or both or even other variations of ports etc. You'll find this under the properties of either the server or the virtual directory/site. (You can change the settings of either of these.)

Let us know if you'd like step-by-step instructions?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yes Gemwolf I am using IIS. I will give both methods a try and fingers crossed one of them will work!

Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Yes Gemwolf I am using IIS. I will give both methods a try and fingers crossed one of them will work!

Thanks

No problem. I was a bit vague, so if you want me to get more specific ust give a shout.

new topics

top topics

join