It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for John Lear.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm headed for the mine until late Monday night. Please save your insults, ridicule and scorn until then. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe I missed the boat on this, but why does ATS allow someone to post under another person's name without verifying the person is who he says he is?

If this is the real John Lear or any other "celebrity" can we please have something under his name from ATS that says he has been verified by the website? This website will go to hell if we suddenly see Bob Lazar, Harry Winkler, and Paris Hilton all showing as 15 year old impersonaters and constantly lying to us. I'm not saying if this is or isn't the real John Lear, but I don't want to waste my time on this board listening to disinformation or people yelling back and forth saying "you aren't who you say you are".

If ATS is not going to verify "celebrity" names, then can you please either not allow them or state your policy on this. Again, if I missed this already being discussed then my apology. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
He is John Lear.

Good to be skeptical though.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Maybe I missed the boat on this, but why does ATS allow someone to post under another person's name without verifying the person is who he says he is?

It was verified a long time ago. Get with the program.

Mod Edit: BIG quote

[edit on 6-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Again...how about we put something under someone's name to make it official so those of us that can't get "with the program", know already so we don't have to read 1,000 posts to find the truth. If we can put "moderator" under someone's name then can we change John's "member" status to something more revealing of his background: "special guest" or "verified member"?

Thanks for the answer kinglizard.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I guess that because of the way you presented what you said, I was thrown off. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Again...how about we put something under someone's name to make it official so those of us that can't get "with the program", know already so we don't have to read 1,000 posts to find the truth. If we can put "moderator" under someone's name then can we change John's "member" status to something more revealing of his background: "special guest" or "verified member"?

WHY would we?! We don't allow frauds here that's enough, we check EVERY "possibly known name" and have deleted hundreds of fakes. Heck, I just deleted a fake Bob Lazar Monday.

Its YOUR responsibility, not the community's, to read the posts, get yourself "up to speed" and DENY IGNORANCE.

S...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Exericise your brain or, no gain.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
I guess that because of the way you presented what you said, I was thrown off. My apologies.

Apology accepted...

Springer...
I'm not trying to be lazy, I just thought it would benefit everyone by eliminating some of the "prove who you are" posts so our guest/member can get on with discussing subject matter questions. I'm not doubting Mr. Lear, I am only saying if ATS knows we have a special guest on this board then why don't we just make it easier for him and the board by noting it under his user name so we don't have to make him prove himself constantly? This doesn't seem like a deny ignorance issue to me...if ESPN has Brett Farve on a chat session they say so and no one doubts it and you guys have done that with Friedman and Klass. So why is Lear forced to prove himself or members are forced to read all the postings and think for themselves?

Not trying to be a smart--s, just confused as to why this is a different situation. I know you guys don't allow liars or people spreading disinformation, but I personally didn't know the policy on celebrity names or if you guys verify them.

Ha...I don't think Stanton Friedman thinks there is such a thing as a non-fake Bob Lazar!

Ok, I'm done posting on this. Thanks for the response guys.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Has the real Bob Lazar ever posted on ATS out of curiousity, he would be a good addition to John

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Graham]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ugh my apologies to Brett Favre for being the 10 millionth guy to misspell his name.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join