It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A request for John Lear.

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by jimboman
No one will ever know the real truth about 9-11 because some people come out with way-out theories that cause damage to others who are looking for the truth.

From reading ATS I now believe the US goverment knew about 9-11 before it happened. To the general public however, who lump all CTs together, these theories about nukes in the towers and holographic planes make all the truth-seekers seem like whackos and it damages the debate. It's only helping the goverment cover-up the truth.




it's only one theory out of infinite possibilities, does not make the people ''wackos''

who's to say that sticking with one story only is not what will make the goverment get away with it? your reason is highly subjective


Because the truth is going to get lost in all the theories, that's why. Somebody will say 'I have proof that GWB knew about 9-11' but becasue others have already posted 'I have the smoking gun' no-one will listen. Ever heard the story about the boy who cried wolf?

Edited to add: I'm not talking about ATSers here, who will question whatever comes up anyway. I'm talking about the general public. THEY are the one's who need to be convinced of the truth. A small minority (and it is, be real) of the population log-on to this forum. Many many more have never heard of the 9-11 conspiracy theories, as I hadn't before I stumbled on ATS (while looking for info about the possibly faked moon-landings actually).

[edit on 4/10/06 by jimboman]




posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts

Originally posted by selfless
because he called him stupid in the wtc thread.


WHERE? Post a link to this.

You are a LIAR. PERIOD.

Sorry to burst your bubble over your hero.



john lear is not my hero, i am simply trying to bring peace to this board.

i also defended other people who were rediculed, i think it's not right to do so, the people i don't agree with i do not insult them and i do not TRY to prove them wrong i simply keep an open mind.



i am sorry if i got you confused with someone else slapnut but your sarcastic remarks were not friendly either way.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Because the truth is going to get lost in all the theories, that's why. Somebody will say 'I have proof that GWB knew about 9-11' but becasue others have already posted 'I have the smoking gun' no-one will listen. Ever heard the story about the boy who cried wolf?




well there is a difference between claiming you are right 100% and saying that what you think about the subject is completely your own opinion and do not force your ideals on others.


Hoe can sticking with one story only be a better way to find the truth? here is the concept of bias... which is caused by not keeping an open mind.



.................................................................
[removed unnecessary nested quote(s)]

[edit on 10/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The goverment encourages rediculing to hide the truth......



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Enough already!
Have a look at this link... a video interview with John Lear, where he mentions several times his postings on ATS.
Link
I wonder why I don't post much on here... when the ridicule etc. is something else to behold!

Originally posted by johnlear
My opinion is that this technology was perfected about 15 years ago.

It is just his opinion.. where would we be without other views to question/debate.
I am appalled at his treatment, not just for who he is... but the treatment of any individual like this!
Can we not just agree to disagree... or should we visit every thread and make a mockery of this site?
Enough!



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327
Enough already!
Have a look at this link... a video interview with John Lear, where he mentions several times his postings on ATS.
Link
I wonder why I don't post much on here... when the ridicule etc. is something else to behold!

Originally posted by johnlear
My opinion is that this technology was perfected about 15 years ago.

It is just his opinion.. where would we be without other views to question/debate.
I am appalled at his treatment, not just for who he is... but the treatment of any individual like this!
Can we not just agree to disagree... or should we visit every thread and make a mockery of this site?
Enough!





Thank you simon, i appreciate that.


Edit: but the debates crossed the lines of paranoya and insults when they started to ask john questions about aviation and started to call him stupid ect...

[edit on 4-10-2006 by selfless]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

well there is a difference between claiming you are right 100% and saying that what you think about the subject is completely your own opinion and do not force your ideals on others.


How can sticking with one story only be a better way to find the truth? here is the concept of bias... which is caused by not keeping an open mind.


If you go back and read my edited post you will see I wasn't talking about ATSers not listening to theories, I was talking about people who've never heard of ATS. Mention the US government was involved in 9-11 to most of my friends and they just might be interested. Start talking about nukes and holograms and they'll think you've been watching too much X-Files. That's the problem I have with these theories and opinions. It muddies the waters with the people we need to bring onboard.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 4/10/06 by jimboman]


.................................................................
[removed unnecessary nested quote(s)]

[edit on 10/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman

If you go back and read my edited post you will see I wasn't talking about ATSers not listening to theories, I was talking about people who've never heard of ATS. Mention the US government was involved in 9-11 to most of my friends and they just might be interested. Start talking about nukes and holograms and they'll think you've been watching too much X-Files. That's the problem I have with these theories and opinions. It muddies the waters with the people we need to bring onboard.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 4/10/06 by jimboman]




yes ok but read what i said about the goverment, it encourages redicule to the outmost extreme so how is rediculing a community that are open minded enough not to be controled and fooled by the goverment tone it down just so that the people not capable of such thinking is not turned away by us going to help anything?


..................................................................
[removed unnecessary nested quote(s)]

[edit on 10/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
I am serious man. The guy says the WTC planes were holograms... I want to know how we can tell if he is a hologram.

It is my opinion that John Lear is a hologram... sounds pretty freaking stupid.


You apparently have never read the Holographic Universe. Everything is just a hologram.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
I am serious man. The guy says the WTC planes were holograms... I want to know how we can tell if he is a hologram.

It is my opinion that John Lear is a hologram... sounds pretty freaking stupid.


You apparently have never read the Holographic Universe. Everything is just a hologram.



you mean to tell me that you were not making fun of john in your post when you posted your sarcastic remark?



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
you mean to tell me that you were not making fun of john in your post when you posted your sarcastic remark?


Huh,I wasn't the one who made the remark.
"Slap Nuts" did.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]



.................................................................
[removed unnecessary nested quote(s)]

[edit on 10/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Huh,I wasn't the one who made the remark.
"Slap Nuts" did.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]


oops lol :0



.................................................................
[removed unnecessary nested quote(s)]

[edit on 10/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

yes ok but read what i said about the goverment, it encourages redicule to the outmost extreme so how is rediculing a community that are open minded enough not to be controled and fooled by the goverment tone it down just so that the people not capable of such thinking is not turned away by us going to help anything?


I left out a lot of the quote because it was getting big.

Selfless, what are you getting at? Your paragraph is one long sentence that I couldn't make head or tail out of. Anyway, I didn't say anyone on ATS was a whacko, I just said people outside the community would see ALL conspiracy theorists as 'whackos'. My old mum, who's sixty, always said the moon-landings were faked and I thought SHE was a whacko until I found ATS! Some CTers need to get out into the real world sometimes and see what people out there think about their pet theories. Real people need to be convinced, not just CTers.

You said the government encouages ridicule, right? Well, somebody talking about nukes and holograms bringing down the towers IS ridiculous to people who may one-day sit on a jury to convict GWB.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
anyways there is no longer a reason for this thread to exist, someone gave a link to a video that proves it's the real john lear, my intentions were to get people to stop asking john some questions to prove he's the real john lear.




Mods please delete this entire thread, it serves no purpose



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Words, the 21st. century down fall.

It seems that in this day and age everyone needs to watch every word they speak or write. Words, what one person takes to have one meaning another person will take to have another meaning.

It seems that nowadays people are looking for anything spelling, incorrect punctuations, something that one said decades ago to put them down in some way.

For myself Mr. Lear never claimed he had the answers all I have noticed is he has taken his time to share with us information. He never asked you to believe a word he said.

I do think that Mr. Lear has a great dry sense of humor at times and it tells ME that's he no different then you or I.

Many, many people know the name John Lear weather his father or himself. I really don't think there are to many people out there with a well known name as this that would put himself into this subject when the stakes are high and that his name could be harmed and his family embarrassed.

I would really hate to see John Lear leave ATS. If you have a problem with him don't go to the threads you know he is on.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Words, the 21st. century down fall.

It seems that in this day and age everyone needs to watch every word they speak or write. Words, what one person takes to have one meaning another person will take to have another meaning.

It seems that nowadays people are looking for anything spelling, incorrect punctuations, something that one said decades ago to put them down in some way.

For myself Mr. Lear never claimed he had the answers all I have noticed is he has taken his time to share with us information. He never asked you to believe a word he said.

I do think that Mr. Lear has a great dry sense of humor at times and it tells ME that's he no different then you or I.

Many, many people know the name John Lear weather his father or himself. I really don't think there are to many people out there with a well known name as this that would put himself into this subject when the stakes are high and that his name could be harmed and his family embarrassed.

I would really hate to see John Lear leave ATS. If you have a problem with him don't go to the threads you know he is on.




great, an open minded statement, thx for it.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

I would really hate to see John Lear leave ATS. If you have a problem with him don't go to the threads you know he is on.


That is the key. I know I certainly do not go to threads that are presented by persons whom I disagree with. I would hope that others who do not agree with me would pay me the same respect. I certainly wouldn't want people to smear my name like some seem to be trying to do to Mr. Lear.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I actually started a thread on john lear to see if people believed that what he was
saying was true, or he is just making it all up. It ran for a few pages and we still
dont know the answer, and we probably never will find out if he has a hidden agenda
or he's just relaying what mr x was meant to have told him.

And there lies the problem. Whether he really is john lear or not to me its irrelevent,
its the fantastic claims he makes with no proof to back it up. That should be the real
issue here.

If anybody else came to this site giving us this outlandish info with no way to prove it
which he fully well knows he cant, they would have bombed out within a week of
them being here.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
I actually started a thread on john lear to see if people believed that what he was
saying was true, or he is just making it all up. It ran for a few pages and we still
dont know the answer, and we probably never will find out if he has a hidden agenda
or he's just relaying what mr x was meant to have told him.

And there lies the problem. Whether he really is john lear or not to me its irrelevent,
its the fantastic claims he makes with no proof to back it up. That should be the real
issue here.

If anybody else came to this site giving us this outlandish info with no way to prove it
which he fully well knows he cant, they would have bombed out within a week of
them being here.



i see many people randomly post their opinions everywhere on this board and they were not banned for it and most of them did not force their opinions on others.

the ones i saw force their opinions on others are the ones who should be banned i think.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts

Originally posted by selfless
because he called him stupid in the wtc thread.


You are a LIAR. PERIOD.

Sorry to burst your bubble over your hero.


You call somebody a 'liar period' and you get away with it? That is a strong statement of annother person's character as I interpret it.

I have a question for you: why do you come here? What goes on here and the types of people that enjoy this website seems to have no joy nor communal aspects for you so why do you bother?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join