It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Settlers Expanding the West Bank Outposts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
According to a settler watchdog group called Peace Now Israeli settlements have exploded in a building frenzy in the West Bank during, and after the war with Hezbollah, adding more unauthorized structures to outposts which are standing in the way of a Palestinian state under the roadmap plan.

www.iht.com
JERUSALEM Israeli settlers have expanded 31 unauthorized outposts across the West Bank in recent months, a settler watchdog group reported Tuesday.

The Jewish settlers took advantage of Israel's recent focus on its war against Hezbollah in Lebanon to build permanent structures in the outposts in their effort to prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state on the land, Peace Now said in the report.

Israel has committed in the U.S.-backed "road map" peace plan to dismantle about two dozen of the more than 100 outposts, but has yet to do so. The Palestinians have also not met their initial road map obligations.

Palestinians said the settlement activity stood in the way of their plan to set up a state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem, lands Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast war.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With both sides fighting against the "roadmap to peace" plan and since the government has put off plans for a west bank withdrawal and the evacuation of outposts which has given settlers a boost to continue expanding their communities, will the "roadmap" ever work for a lasting peace?

Related News Links:
jta.org
www.stratfor.com

[edit on 4-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Probably not. It's been shown that neighter Israel or Palestine is really committed to peace.

Israel gave up the West Bank, and in return, Hamas was elected and aided/abbetted the Quassam offensive on Israeli citizens.

In response, Israel went a wee bit over the top.

It was a simple idea. Don't poke the bear. Don't poke the bear. Don't shell Israel. Do not tease Israel. Do not harass Israel. The palestinians couldn't do that. So, the Israelis went far out fo proportion. I may believe in teh Israeli state, but it's getting a little excessive even for me.

Also, something to note, this was a civillian project, not endorsed by the State of Israel.

DE

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So who exatly granted them that land then? Or was that land considered "free for grabs to any citizen of Israel, -Palestinian management" .

If these settlers did this unauthorized by a governing entity over that land, they are illegally immigrating to that land. An illegal alien is an ILLEGAL ALIEN. No ifs ands or buts about it. Especially when there is no demand for the hate, and instigation those people are causing to the land they are emmigrating to by any particular business or industry, except maybe the gun trade

Those settlers need to be deported, if not chastized by Israel for allowing to break international laws.

Maybe I should go build a house in the middle of the White House lawn and say I am an Israeli settler. That should be forgiveable no? Maybe they will even give me 24/7 protection and subsidize my education needs?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Maybe I should go build a house in the middle of the White House lawn and say I am an Israeli settler. That should be forgiveable no? Maybe they will even give me 24/7 protection and subsidize my education needs?

Yes, of course, please do.
Heads up though, you had better get moving and be sure to reserve a spot ahead of time, cause as it stands if not curtailed, you will be competing with those "illegal aliens" from south of the border....better hurry.

Please disregard the above though if you were just giving an example, and if you were indeed just giving an example, you picked a poor one. Try again.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
According the UN, the West Bank isn't really part of any country. Thus, settlers in the West Bank aren't illegal aliens, because they aren't in any country. Although, the area is controlled by the Israeli military, so under that standard I suppose the land is part of Israel. Besides, god gave the land to the Israel. Legally, I don't see a problem with Israeli settlers building on the land.

AFAIK, the roadmap was written by the Saudis. Since their country contains the Muslim holy sites and they have oil $$$$$, that gives them some legitimacy. Although, I don't believe Saudi Arabia has ever ruled the West Bank. So, I think their claim to be able to dictate terms is quite weak. Besides, I recall they supported the losing side of the 1973 war with Israel.

The Palestinian Authority doesn't have the authority, because they aren't a state. There is no Palestinian state. Hence, their only legal authority is what Israel allows them to have. While there has been talk of making the PA into a state, it hasn't happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
According the UN, the West Bank isn't really part of any country. Thus, settlers in the West Bank aren't illegal aliens, because they aren't in any country. Although, the area is controlled by the Israeli military, so under that standard I suppose the land is part of Israel. Besides, god gave the land to the Israel. Legally, I don't see a problem with Israeli settlers building on the land.

AFAIK, the roadmap was written by the Saudis. Since their country contains the Muslim holy sites and they have oil $$$$$, that gives them some legitimacy. Although, I don't believe Saudi Arabia has ever ruled the West Bank. So, I think their claim to be able to dictate terms is quite weak. Besides, I recall they supported the losing side of the 1973 war with Israel.

The Palestinian Authority doesn't have the authority, because they aren't a state. There is no Palestinian state. Hence, their only legal authority is what Israel allows them to have. While there has been talk of making the PA into a state, it hasn't happened.

Hmm nice sophistry - this, again, is Lebensraum forced with US-funded arms. Nazi actions, Nazi justifications - 'this is our last territorial demand'???

So if my 'God' told me to annex Kansas, Texas or wherever you're from that'd be OK would it? Let me know 'cos me and my 50,000 fellow gun-toting / gunship -supported zealots are heading your way.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It is not about what anyone says. The question is who has the best claim to the land. If the land is unoccupied and part of no other country, I think Israel has a pretty good claim to the land. They choose to allow Israeli settlers to own the land they settle. I don't see what is unreasonable about that.

As far as Texas is concerned, it is part of the US because the US won the war with Mexico. So, Texas is part of the US, and titles to property are subject to US jurisdiction. I believe Kansas was part of the Louisiana purchase, where the US paid France for the territory. I believe much of the land was acquired by settlers and homesteaders, acting under the jurisdiction of the United States. Likewise, for the reasons already mentioned, the West Bank is part of Israel, and it is Israel's decision to allow settlers.

So if my 'God' told me to annex Kansas, Texas or wherever you're from that'd be OK would it? Let me know 'cos me and my 50,000 fellow gun-toting / gunship -supported zealots are heading your way.

Why would you want to organize a violent cult? What do you have against the US, or the government of Kanas and Texas? How do you plan to militarily defeat the US in Kansas and Texas?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In that case we'd be justified in taking the USA back under the control of Her Majesty and heirs? I'm sure I can find some 'holy' justification for our divine right to rule over the dominions.

'The reasons already mentioned'? that'd be a book written by Jews saying the land was given to the Jews by god would it? So anyone can invent their own justification-text and that's OK is it.

The West Bank is not nowhere - it's part of Palestine taken at the point of a gun. I'm not in favour of violent zealous religiously-justified cults/armies etc but you seem fine with it so I'm just pointing out your acceptance of this might be slightly different if it was your homeland being taken away from you.

As I say Nazi actions, Nazi justifications

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Did not Jordan voluntarily give up the West Bank as a homeland for the Palestinians? As I remember it, once they lost the territory during the 73 war and realized they were not going to get it back they offered it up as a Palestinian homeland.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Land for peace.

Land for peace.

Land for peace, will the giving up of the land ever sustain peace? will giving the west bank and pushing the settlers out appease the Palestinians to a lasting degree? me thinks not.

the more that Israel gives the more that it is interpreted as weakness by the Palestinians and shortly after turning over of more land then come the attacks. will they ever learn? You cant buy peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well that is usually how Israel executes their Land Grab;

First Tanks.

Then Bulldozers.

Then New Outposts.

Then New Settlements.

And let's remember Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention from 1949;

"The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies."

Clearly a very refined version of Apartheid, designed to keep the People of Palestine in concentration camps like dogs.

Hey, what about that Saving Private Gilad? I guess people already forgot about him...

DYepes - call me up, when you go to the White House lawn; I shall help you build your home and maybe even make my own one.

[edit on 11/10/06 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well i guess with the worlds attention turned 2 iran and n.korea something like this is actually overdue.As neither side can stand not being in the headlines.I expect some sort of palistinian response 2 this shortly.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

You would get away with it if you give lots of campaign donations to those same people in the house and in nearby legislature. Money buys you immunity from any law.

top topics

join