It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
well the yankees couldnt have sucked any worse
kinda brings back memories of the 4 in a row choke huh

doesnt matter, next year they will have half the tigers pitching staff playing for them

I heard that kenny rogers struck out a-rod jeter and giambi in a row and he geats paid like a hundreth of their salaries

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A-Rod will probably get traded now and Joe Torre might get fired.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Joe Torre would not look right in any other uniform than the Yankees. However if there was ever a great fit to follow him up, it would be Lou Piniella.

I strongly feel A-Rod needs to be dealt. The Yanks are Jeter's team, a man of A-Rod's stature needs and shoulds be the focus of the team.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am so disappointed in the Dodgers.~heavy sigh~ They fought like hell to make the playoffs winning 18 of their last 19 to get there and then just rolled over and played dead. AARRGH!!, as Charlie Brown so eloquently put it. Now I don't know who to root for: I can't root for the Mets and I hate the Padres. I guess it will have to be St Louis in the NL and Detroit in the AL. Go Albert, Go Maglio, Rah Rah Rah!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ill speak for all of st louis, thanks for your support storm.

go stl clinch it today!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
K-Rod has already stated that he will not waive his no trade clause. Pinella will probably be managing next year. None of it will help if they don't get some pitching although a better manager would have used the bullpen more effectively.

Torre was an ok manager at best when the Yankees signed him up. Given the talent and players who wanted to win, he was successful. I could have been with his earlier teams. The last few years they didn't want to win, the expected to win and that doesn't work the same way on the field.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
alex rodriquez had great numbers this year. sometimes i think yankee fans are idiots for how they treat their players. any team in baseball would love his stats for 2006.

did anyone catch the tigers v yankees game yesterday? about the 7th inning the tiger fans were chanting "yankees suck, yankees suck" id love to see a battle royal between the tiger fans and yankee fans. they are some of the rowdiest fans in sports.

ill leave with this, GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WIN TODAY, CHRIS CARPENTER SHOW US WHY YOU ARE OUR NUMBER 1.

STL
CARPENTER
PUJOLS
STL

[edit on 8-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
alex rodriquez had great numbers this year. sometimes i think yankee fans are idiots for how they treat their players. any team in baseball would love his stats for 2006.

I'm right there with you, elitegamer; The man hit 290 with 35 HR's and 121 RBIs. I know my Dodgers are dying to sign him. Ny fans are all about what have you done for me lately and IMHO do not deserve A-Rod.

Go Cards--Kick Butt!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
hey hey hey, this Yankee fans likes and appreciates A-Rod

people tend to forget the Yanks sucked all this year, especially early in the season. It wasn't till after the All star break did they start getting hot, but honestly if you followed them all season, it was no surprise to see them failing, everybody got cold at the same time.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
update cards explode in the 6th score is 6-2 cardinals looking to move on to next round. i will say their bullpen has been major problem this year. i hope it doesnt bite my ass tonight. at least our old closer is hurt, our new one is 100 times better.

looks like it will be stl vs mets and detroit vs oakland in the division series.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Keep us updated.

Any new to report?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
in the voice of the great and missed cardinal announcer jack buck " THATS A WINNER!"

cards win 6-2 in a team effort.

the league championships start tue at 8 pm est with the tigers going to oakland.

the cardinals visit the mets wed nite game time is probably 8 pm as well.

should make for two great series.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Mets & Tigers, Let's Do It!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

but the yankees aren't any team. they had two guys hitting over .340, they had a bunch of home run hitters and k-rod was just another bat in that line up. The reason why all of NY has been calling for his head is because he is the least clutch player in baseball. Forget his .104 batting average in the post season. Take a look at his regular season stats. His homeruns are almost always an after thought. He hits them when the team is way up or way down. A guy like Pujols or Howard from the Phillies? More than 40% of their home runs either gave their team the lead or tied the game for them. That's insane. That's clutch hitting.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Look up the word clutch in a dictionary and you will find the following words:

Big Papi!

'Nuf said!

I do agree with Crakeur though, A-Rod was alittle lackluster when it came down to the big moments. By normal standards, he had a productive year. But by NY standards, and 25 Million a year standards, he wasn't worth it.

I feel he needs a new home, someone to welcome him with open arms. Get him back on short stop and let him free wheel again.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm calling for a Mets/Oakland world series, with the Mets winning it all.

yeah baseball!!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A's.. Oh No!

Not sure what it is, because in years passed I have rooted for them. But something in me this year just despises the Oakland Athletics. Maybe its Frank Thomas, I'm not sure but I would love to see the Tigers come out on top.

Tigers are the underdog the rest of the way, I'm in their corner. Bonderman and Verlander, not a bad combination. Just as the Yankees.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have to go with the A's simply because it's the Tiger's that beat the Yanks, plus those pitchers pitched pretty much their best games, don't want to call their season or series a fluke, but I don't think it will come that easy for them, or they could just continue to play the "games of their lives", we'll see, that's the fun of watching baseball.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A's vs. Mets is my call too. St. Louis has a good team but no left handed starters to put the kibosh on the Mets' bats. The A's have Zito, who the Mets almost traded for and who they will probably go after once the season is over and free agents can be approached. Makes for a good story. Loses to Mets in WS and then signs with them to help them win another one. (mmm fantasy).

K-Rod has 75 million owed him over the next three years. Nobody will want that burden unless the Yankees pay a huge portion of the salary. They might be willing to do it and there are teams that would love a shortstop and would love to have him. I think he will flourish elsewhere but there is one important factor. He has never been clutch. Never played well in the post season. I'll try and get the stats my friend found regarding A-Rod's homeruns that mattered vs. those that didn't.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ahh you give too much credit to the owners.

There are a few owners out their that would love to market A-Rod and have him in their uniform.

Yankees sell out every stadium because of their market value. Bringing in a caliber name like A-Rod would push ticket sales. Alot of teams would be interested to take a hefty salary in order to possibly put themself over the top and/or create revenue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join