It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well since the Braves aren't in the post season........
GO METROPOLITANS!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Rivera is the toughest to hit but the Mets have had success against him. There really is nothing like going to a game live. It sounds corny and cliche but it is such a blast. Sadly, the crowd can ruin it real fast. Drunken morons, shouting obsenities and screaming at the players makes you long for the couch and the tv. This is from the best seats. It gets worse as you go up.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ever hear the Tampa Bay heckler?

I watch the Jays live broadcast on television and you can here this guy shouting. Never drunk either, just a moron with a big mouth.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tampa Bay heckler nothing, try the fans of Philadelphia on for size. It is so bad that both the new stadiums have something in them that the old Veterans Stadium had. That was the jailhouse that was located there.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Pedro is already out for the season, and now I am hearing that El Duque may also be out for the remainder of the post season.

The Mets are having a tough go to begin the Playoffs.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Orlando has a calf muscle tear. He's done. The mets can win with the picthing staff they have if Willie continues to use his bullpen exactly as he did last night. one batter and gone, no overuse of the pitchers etc. The only line-up in the playoffs that can, and probably will, take advantage of the pitching staff would be the yankees but that's a ways off.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yankees just lost 3 to 4. Cardinals & San Diego are playing now.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
if only jack buck was still alive to say " thats a winner"

GO STL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO PUJOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the best thing to happen to stl this year was having our closer get hurt because he sucked and our coach kept sending him out there to lose games because we pay him 10 million a year.

adam wainwright looks untouchable right now being our closer, and its such an important part of winning a game.

i cant wait to see what looks like a stl v ny met NL championship series.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the Mets are looking very confident all of a sudden. I doubt if they will go to game five so my seats will be useless. Now, where are all those favors I can start cashing in for the next round, just in case.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Do you get your money back if they don't play the 5th game?

Thats got to suck if you don't

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
of course you do. since I got the tickets via the lottery and purchased them thru the mets, they actually do an automatic refund.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh, thats good. I didn't know how they did that.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
it would be nice if I could roll them over to the next series. The seats suck big time so it's no big loss if I don't go but it would be exciting as hell to be there for a clinching win. I was at a few of them in the past (86, 88? and 2000) and there is really nothing like it.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Let's Go Yankees!!!!

Derek............ Jeter

Derek...............Jeter

Derek..............Jeter

[edit on 10-6-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
your av crying over yesterday's loss?

I'm actually rooting for the Yankees this year. For starters, if they don't get to the World Series at the very least, Torre should be fired. Not winning it all with the greatest lineup ever is pathetic. Second, I actually think the Mets, should they make it, stand a better chance of beating the Yankees than any other team. Comfort factor more than anything else. Having played them, at home and at Yankee stadium, should help ease some of the jitters. This lineup is even more insane than the ones they faced during the regular season but the Mets have something the automatons in the bronx clearly lack. A heart. There's no excitement on that team. Boring to watch actually. Some of my most die hard yankee fans are admitting that the mets are more fun to watch.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
my avatar is crying because of other crap in my life, not the Yanks, even though yesterday's game should have been a win too

the Yankees and the imminent world series championship they are going to win is a little joy I can enjoy over the next few weeks.

The Yankees are everything that makes baseball fun for me. Even when they lose it's still fun to watch... well except when they occassionally completely fall apart.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
after a friendly little chat with my bank contact, it seems I am going to be heading back to shea for round two and the world series if it comes to that.

Worldwatcher, if the yankees don't win it all, Torre should be hung from the bleachers. To not win it all with that line up is a travesty of biblical proportions. I'm betting against them.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Let's Go Yankees!!!!

Derek............ Jeter

Derek...............Jeter

Derek..............Jeter

[edit on 10-6-2006 by worldwatcher]

derek jeter is amazing. he will replace reggie jackson as mr october for the yankees. he is probably the second player in all of baseball id want to have the most on my team. lucky for me , my cardinals already have the so called best player in baseball, ALBERT PUJOLS!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the Yankees better win this year, my nephew was born just a few days ago.

It's an unwritten law, everytime someone in our clan have a baby boy, the Yankees win the world series. 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, and now 2006!!!.

Now if only I can convince the Yankees to set us up financially for the rest of our lives, I'm sure between the clan we can produce a baby every year

George... Joe.. gimme a call

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
if my cardinals go to the world series and lose to the yankees, ITS ALL YUR FAULT! just kidding.

congrats on the new addition to the family .

now that i think about it, when i was 5 and my brother was 4 the cardinals won the world series. now my daughter is 5 and his middle daughter is 4 so maybe its the cardinals year to win. i wish!

STL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join