It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
update time.
located my mom who's first response was "so I'm watching the game alone?" mom loves the mets. Got the sitter, just went and spoke to the guy with the tickets. he was off a bit on the box location. sounds like a bleacher box. doesn't matter. being there is what counts, even if I can't see the game being played from anything other than an aerial view.

now to arrange for transport. the scene is chaotic at best there and the trains are a total nightmare. the only thing that might make the trains more bearable would be long rain delays (supposed to rain at some point tonight). that might chase a lot of the fans early. looks like I'll be arranging a car service for a back alley behind the stadium

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Congrats on that deal man.

I think I may buy a few cold ones and stretch out for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thats great man, have fun.

It's supposed to start raining after midnight so I don't think the game will be delayed

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
nothing like a game seven in baseball. id rather watch a game 7 then the super bowl, but im biased because i like baseball more then football.

its been a great series and ill be content with whatever outcome we see. may the best team win. if the cardinals dont win tonight, they just dont deserve to go to the world series.

go cardinals!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If the Mets can come out on top, it is a serious pat on their back and their depth.

Reaching the series without caliber arms of Martinez and El Duque is remarkable.

If the Cards reach the finals, I am rooting for the Tigers. If the Mets win, I am just hopeful for good quality baseball.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
lets get ready to rumble!

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!

i hope its not a blowout by the mets.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
mets blew it

note: i hate baseball, i am just updating you all...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Cardinals go to the World Series again for the second time in two years. The last time in the World Series, the Cards were swept in four games by the Bo Sox. Hopefully the Tigers can pull it out.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
that game is the reason i like baseball more then football. the suspense is unreal.

way to go cardinals, its hard to imagine our pitching beat the mets offense in this series , but that is what it came down to.

i cant wait for saturday nite. my 6 year old girl is a rabid cardinal fan and she will be so happy tomorrow when i tell her they are in the world series.

thank you new york mets for an amazing series. i know you dont like the outcome , and i know it hurts. like the poster above me stated , we got swept against boston 2 years ago. sometimes baseball can make you sad to be a fan.

on very rare occasions ,it can be 1/5 as good as sex.

GO STL!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Mets put up a great fight against the Cardinals that went seven games with two rain caused postponements. Mets had a great season this year, winning the NL East, and nearly being rewarded with a trip to the World Series.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What a great finish to a great NLCS. It was white knuckle time for both teams to the very end. Jeff Suppan was rock solid and IMO was the key to the win for St Louis.

Now, I'm torn as to who to root for in the Series; I really like the Cards chances but you gotta think Detroit is the favorite and for the Tigers to come back this year makes me want to see them go all the way.

Sorry, elitegamer, but I'm going to have to put my money on Detroit (figuritively,of course).

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lets go Tigers!

What an defensive play my Chavez. My oh My!

Probably one of the greatest defensive plays of all time.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
what a great game. it had everything you wanted in a game.

my blog has my comments.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well said. Gave me goosebumps reading through, I can almost feel the atmosphere.

Honestly, how many beer were spilled when Chavez made that grab?

Sports Center said he had two curtain calls, how long was the ovation?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Chavez going back, to the track, to the wall!!!! He leeps up an makes the catch, holy cow!!!! What a marvelous catch by Endy Chavez!!! Just to bad it was in a lose though.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the cheering lasted until they started batting in the bottom of the inning. I managed to be at two games with two amazing plays this post season. the game one double play at the plate against the dodgers and this last one.

The cards will probably get swept by the Tigers but they sure did play well against the mets so hats off to them and congrats to the fans.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It is going to be a battle of the pitching staffs. I think Detroit is the clear cut winner on paper, but we also thought the bats of the Mets would run through the NL.

How about Leyland vs. LaRussa?

I'm excited for the Saturday night show down.

Projected starters are Weaver vs. Robertson.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The one thing the Cards have going for them could be the one thing that ruins them. The emotional high and the adrenaline rush of the game 7 win. It can carry them to a victory or two in Detroit, giving them confidence and pumping them up even more or.... they could have given all they had last night and now find themselves emotionally sapped.

That's the excuse yankee fans used after the Boone home run and other such victories that preceeded a world series loss. I can say this, after watching the yankees games and the mets games and a couple of the other games this post season. nobody has fans like we've got in NYC. Loud is an understatement and they really do get themselves worked into a frenzy. The away games showed me that the fans elsewhere are excited and into the game but not emotionally tied to it like they are here. This isn't a knock on the other cities. Rather, it is merely an observation.

I meant to take pictures of the man in purple pimp garb and the gay man dressed in some kind of technicolor dreamcoat outfit, sporting a spray painted poodle, a pigeon on his hat and wearing white high heels. This guy looked like he flew from the gay section of Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras and set up camp (pun intended) outside Shea.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That was a great game. That catch was amazing.

I think Tigers will win it in 6 games

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Tigers in 4 or 5.

Do you have any pictures from the games Crakeur?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join