It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good to here.

Hows your comfort level with your pitching tonight and possibly game 7?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't think they are in a great spot right now. Could be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisslerHows your comfort level with your pitching tonight and possibly game 7?

not too good. I'm more concerned with the hitting than the pitching tonight and I don't even want to think about the options for tomorrow until tonight is over. Why go crazy if the game isn't definite. That's Willie's problem, not mine.

I will say this, these are the kinds of situations where someone can come along and totally stun the fans. A guy like Darren Oliver could start and wind up pitching a two hitter. A guy like Traschel can suck so bad you consider tatooing Hoover on his forehead. A guy like Wells can suddenly bail out in inning one costing you a series. It's a crazy time of year for these guys.

Like I said, let the Mets get thru tonight and, hopefully, we can be having this discussion tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can see Reyes stealing two bags tonight which is going to come up huge in the late innings. Delgado and Beltran popping out 5 hits between the two of them with a rew RBI's.

I can see the starter getting some quality innings, but its the middle relief that needs to ahve a huge night. Wagner is a big game pitcher, get the ball in his hands in the 9th.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
45 min to go
i cant wait to get this game tonight started because stl has their ace on the mound. chris carpenter could be the best pitcher in the national league. i really feel confident tonight with the pitching matchup so im hoping we finish off the mets in 6.

if the cardinals cant pull it off tonight, i give it to the mets in 7.

peace all, ill be back to hand out champagne after the game

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Damn you Reyes, I said you were going to steal some bases tonight. How can you steal bags when your hitting home runs!

Good start so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well Reyes just got his first SB. Belliard came down on top of him as the throw went into CF, and seemed to embelish it slightly.

Anyone else just catch that?

Bottom of 5, 2-0 Mets.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

peace all, ill be back to hand out champagne after the game

sorry yall but i cant share the booze. its not because my team didnt win tonight, its because i need to drink away my sorrows after watching the cardinals blow those 2 huge chances so early in the game.

like i said , the mets will win game 7. sometimes i hate being a fan.

peace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Cards v. Mets National League Championship Series Game 7. We will see you again tomorrow night!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
what a game. Reyes finally breaks out and does all the things we expect from him. Maine was pretty good, after that first inning, not giving up another hit. The one thing that has me worried about tonight is the pitching. Oliver Perez takes the mound, that is a wildcard for sure but, possibly more frightening is the prospect of handing the ball to Billy Wagner with the game on the line. He suddenly can't get the batters out. Very bad time for your closer to start blowing leads.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That was a good game. Hopefully the Mets play good tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Big game tonight. Has the Mets starter been announced? As of last night it was still up in the air.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Met's website still says Oliver Perez

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah just reading it now.

Perez vs. Suppan

Perez has had an awful year, and a playoff scene that hasn't been much brighter. He will need his A game tonight to even leave the Mets with a chance to win.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Perez had an ok outing at best against the cards this week. three days of rest might not be enough for him but the other options are Traschel, who might get shot by the angry fans before he ever throws a pitch and Darren Oliver who picthed 6 innings of masterful work in relief of traschel. Oliver is not a starter so Willie is going to give the starter the chance and he will yank him at the very first sign of trouble, knowing that he has an excellent long relief man waiting to go.

I'll say the same thing about tonight's starter as I did about Maine yesterday. He will either be lights out or lit up.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah you were dead on about that point.

Reyes needs to get them off on the right foot again. Not necessarily a home run, but a strong at bat to begin their game. Three up three down in the top of the first, followed by a tough at a bat is the way you want to start a game.

Did you feel the SS embelished the play when he fell on Reyes last night? I mentioned his name in an earlier post, can't think of it off the top of my head right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think it was Belliard that landed on Reyes. Was it interference? Hard to say but odds are Reyes wouldn't have been able to get up and bolt to third so easily so the play call was fine.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
sweet. business associate just called. got me two tickets for tonight. field box. said to bring the old man so it looks like he's trying to win over a big account.

unsweet. my wife has a charity event that her niece is heavily involved in (children's diabetes) and I am supposed to be watching the kids.

totally sour - can't locate my mother anywhere and she'd be my only option to watch the kids.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That sucks man!

Hope you find someone so you can see the game.

Or you can send the tickets to me

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh C... Oh C!

I could see me going to drastic measures to assure those tickets would be in my possession.

Yeah Belliard. I woudln't of called it interference, but I felt he embelished the actual contact. I don't feel he needed to land on Reyes the way he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join