It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yeah deffinately use him off the bench.

Especiall in the Series, when he could be used as the DH. You don't want to find yourself in the situation where you injure him and lose him all together.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They playing today if it doesn't rain again?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah the game is scheduled for tonight. Crakeur will have to let us know what the weather is like.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
cadinals take game 5. jeff weaver pitched his heart out with his third impressive start in this post season. pujols finally goes deep , and rookie chris duncan follows up later with a very impressive pinch hit homer. once again the bull pen that was shaky all year nails down the game and adam wainwright gets the save.

the series is now going back to new york with the cardinals holding on to a 3-2 lead , one win away from a date in detroit.

game time tomorrow i think is 8 est and last years cy young takes the mound for st louis againts the mets john maine. i really really like my teams chances to close the series tomorrow. chris carpenter can be very dominant on the mound and after his last start i can see him comming out fully rested on fire.

good job stl tonights game was well played and showed lots of heart.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i have been a fan of baseball and i know this series is far from over. i also know the cardinals will not become complacent with just a game five win. i cant wait for the game tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What a great game. Weaver was terrific and Albert finally got on track with a HR. However, the next game should be even better; the last time the Mets played a NLCS game at Shea down 3-2 was a real doozey, to say the leat. Go Cards!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I missed the game last night, but have just watched the hilights.

The Met's are up against the wall, I hope it goes to game 7 atleast.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
weather today is actually supposed to be 75 and sunny. cooler tonight and mostly clear so the game should be played.

Last night's game was a real let down. Weaver pitched real well, the Card's bullpen did the job and their hitters did theirs as well. The rain delay didn't help glavine's old arm and it cooled off the Met's bats. Maine goes tonight and he's going to give you his usual. Lots of walks, pitching out of trouble most of the game and he will only let the Cards have a few hits. Sadly, his low hits allowed is almost equal to his home runs allowed so he has to be yanked as soon as he gives us any sign of trouble.

It ain't looking good for the Mets but they play real well under pressuer (game 4 anyone?) and they have a hell of a lot of come from behind wins under the belt so the pressure might be what they need.

As mentioned above, the last time a game 6 win or die game was played at shea was 1986 and is known as Game 6 to anyone who follows the Mets. I was there. It was insane. They pulled that insane win out of thin air. Let's hope we don't need those heroics and lucky bounces today.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Buckner who?

The Mets are always a team that seems to overcome adversity.

The Amazin's? 1986 anyone?

I love that on any given night, we could be watching history.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Buckner who?

The Mets are always a team that seems to overcome adversity.

The Amazin's? 1986 anyone?

I love that on any given night, we could be watching history.

Yeah, maybe but don't get your hopes too high; Billy Bucks is not playing first base tonight and the baseball gods seem to be smiling on the Cards right now, but that's the beauty of baseball...you just never know.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah Pujols may have a step or two on Buckner.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm expecting very little but strange and wonderful things do happen at Shea.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Whos on the mound for STL tonight?

Oh, I forgot to ask. (Off Topic) But how was the party on Monday?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Chris Carpenter is pitching for them.

John Maine for the Mets.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
After reading that, I swear I heard... Dun Dun Dunnnn out of nowhere.

They are in a tough situation right now. Who would be the projected Game 7 starters?

(I'm abnormally lazy today. Can't be bothered to check for myself)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Jeff Suppan for the Cards

Darren Oliver for the Mets

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There it was again.

Well it is certainly an uphill battle. Hopefully they can pull it out.

If it is the Cards & Tigers in the finals, it would be a battle of the most consistent inconsistent teams in the MLB.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Detroit has been playing pretty good lately. I think they will win it all.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
With Rogers, Verlander & Bonderman pitching the way they are. And almost all of their bullpen throws 95mph+, so they are sitting pretty at this point.

They have the luxury of setting up their rotation, where whomever wins the NL will be forced into running off of tired arms and a rotation that may not be ideal.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Kenny Rogers last games have been great.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Oh, I forgot to ask. (Off Topic) But how was the party on Monday?

disorganized and crowded but I did stand ten feet from elvis who played a handful of songs he "doesn't get to play very often"

in other words, stuff nobody knew.

rode the elevator up with Christy Turlington and Ed Burns. The people I was with are all movie industry folks so the talk was all kinda fun and cool and at some point I found myself arguing with Fisher Stevens about god knows what.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join