It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Tigers and A's are tied in the 8th inning

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Tigers win!, Tigers win!, Tigers win!!!

Detroit sweeps the A's in four...WooHoo!!

Now if the Cards can just keep it up we'll have a great World Series.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
cards win 5-0. jeff suppan pitched a hell of a game and hit one more home run then any player on the mets. pitching always beats hitting in the playoffs, yankees are proof of that. ill be the first to say this series isnt over, but i cant believe everyone thought the mets would sweep or win in 5. this series will probably go 7 games.

good job STL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CARDS UP 2-1 IN SERIES.

go cardinals!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Can you believe that I fell asleep just before Ordonez came to the plate?

It was a great game though, a few blown opportunites on both sides. Guillen hitting into the DP in the 7th, and then the Tigers walking the bases loaded on 12 pitches. A's could not cash one in though.

The Cardinals pitching have had the Mets number as of late, interesting to see if they can turn it around.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Can you believe that I fell asleep just before Ordonez came to the plate?

The Cardinals pitching have had the Mets number as of late, interesting to see if they can turn it around.

yes i can believe u fell asleep, baseball does that to people

the cardinals bullpen has stepped it up 10fold into the playoffs and i always thought it was possible. for the mets to win this series they will have to get through carpenter again, and maybe suppan.

carpenter and suppan are in the top 5 for national league pitchers for the last 3-5 years. they both also have lots of playoff experience and step it up in october.

this series is far from over, if the mets win today its tied 2-2,but if the mets lose today , i think its over.

we have a rookie on the mound today, he has shut down potential, but he isnt proven yet.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Suppan did it all himself last night.

Shutting them down with his arm, and putting one out with his bat. It was only about by about an inch, but it went.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You guys can use this thread to discuss the World Series when it is on as well

(I need the BTS points :shk: )

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I believe we all had that intention.

World Series is included in the MLB Playoffs.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
cards are getting spanked by the mets 11-4. looks like this series will be tied up 2-2 with one game left in st louis. that will be a must win for stl.

go cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
its final in st louis. the cardinals got the bird crap kicked out of them by the mets 12-5. delgado and beltran just own, and then you have wright

i hope this offense goes cold real soon or the cardinals are in trouble. jeff weaver vs glavine again in st louis tomorrow nite. jeff weaver can do ok , or do lousy.
he cant shut a team down like glavine, so i am hoping glavine isnt on tomorrow.

series is tied 2-2 . the tigers rest at home in detroit and await the winner of this series.

gnight.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Whole new series.

Whats the pitching matchups for game 5?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
that detroit game was insane. typical of a team with the heart of a champion. It's going to take a lot to beat Detroit in the world series but there is one factor aiding the national league. time. time to cool off. time to watch the national league teams and see what they are capable of.

I went out Saturday night and recorded the mets game and as I walked into my apartment I heard the radio in the lobby announce the final score and the basics (traschel was trashy etc). I deleted the game when I got home and decided to not read one word of print on the game.

Last night's game was a doozy. It was more along the lines of what I was expecting each game to be like (not the one sided score but the scoring in general). Perez just pitched himself into game 7, if it goes that far. The Carlos and Carlos tandem is proving to be St. Louis' worst nightmare and the Mets will be hard to contain if they both remain hot. Now, if only Wright would start hitting, then we'd be looking more along the lines of the team we claim to be.

Highlight of the night was El Duque throwing pitches. If they Mets pull this out, it looks like the old man might be available for the World Series after all.

Expecting a rainout tonight, cooling down the offense but giving Glavine that much needed 4th day of rest.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Detroit wins the American League Pennant and is going to dah World Series with home field advantage. Mets and Cards series is tied at two games a piece. Game 5 is tonight @ 8:00 pm Eastern on FOX. Game one starters Glavine and Weaver will be on the mound tonight.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I believe we can expect another gem from Glavine.

Winner tonight will take the series.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Winner tonight will take the series.

I tend to agree here although heading back to Shea with a need to sweep is not the worst position to be in.

I believe we can expect another gem from Glavine.

one can only hope. Expect Pujols to be swinging for the fences to prove he wasn't wrong about Glavine not pitching well in the first game. Expecting a rainout tonight which helps Glavine's arm, hurts the met bats.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whats the weather looking like now Crakeur? Can we expect a game tonight?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
cruddy with a chance of crappy weather this evening and a pollen count of 12

game should be rained out.

here's a nice thing I read this morning. Delgado has tied Darryl Strawberry for most post season homeruns by a NY Met. He is a few RBI's and hits away from breaking most of the records. More important, every one of his 5 post season homeruns have either tied the game or taken the lead.

For the St. Louis fans, Carlos Beltran has now hit more homeruns against the Cards than a guy named Babe Ruth did during his career.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What time does your party start tonight? I'm sure your rooting for a rain out. Allow you to rest alittle easier at it.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The party starts at 7:30 and will probably not end until around 10 or later. Not sure how long Elvis is playing or if there is anything happening regarding speeches or other attempts to further milk our wallets for cash.

I don't care about a rain out. Truth is, I'd like the mets to go out there and keep hitting. If I miss a win, no big deal. Still another game tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
the game has been postponed.

game 5 is now tomorrow at 8. Cliff Floyd thinks he'll get the nod now. Willie is better off using him off the bench and letting that achilles heel heal.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join