It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So who is going to be watching the playoffs??

I am! Go Yankees!

I'm hoping for a Subway Series again.

So, who is cheering for who?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont care the season was very scary and we finished with a lousy record. we won 100 games the last two years and have 0 world series to show for it. anything is possible in postseason baseball, especially when you have albert and carpenter.

STL

its nice to see another baseball fan here. the yankees lineup is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace

[edit on 3-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yankees won last night.

Did the cardinals?

Yeah, the Yankee lineup is great

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah the Cardinals won last night.

I'm classic for the underdog, so I'd love to see the Tigers and Twins come out on top. I always root for them small market clubs.

However, a subway series would be a good treat too.

If the playoffs had any bearing on the MVP vote, Jeter would of locked it up solid last night.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's never too late......Braves all the way

My runner up is Boston....

Sporty

[edit on 4/10/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Crakeur will be sitting right behind third base at the met game today and right beneath the airplanes in left field should the series go 5 games. There's an outside chance Willie might have me suit up to pitch game 4 in LA, if necessary.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Jealousy Crakeur! Jealousy!

Mets are running into some hot water with their pitching rotation. But they have the benefits of depth & a potent batting lineup.

I'm interested to see how the NL plays out.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
pitching is a huge issue. Pedro's injury is bad but the truth is, the mets lost more games than they won when he was pitching this season. El Duque is a bigger deal in my opinion. now we are down to Glavine as the only big game experienced pitcher. Traschel is a wild card with regards to his ability to keep the runs to a minimum and the other potential starters are all untried. Maine is pretty good but when you give up 4 hits a game and three of them are homeruns, you are going to have problems.

The mets really have to win today. Big time. Break the ice and clear the fears for all the newbies. If they can come out big with the bats they should be fine in this series. The next rounds are tougher with the lack of pitching but on any given day any one of these guys can impress.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Does Green start in the OF for you guys?

I know he was a late season acquisition. Being from north of the border, I followed his career closely in his blue jay days.

I hope him and Carlos do well.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Green starts in right usually. He was a good pickup when floyd continued to be the gimp and Milledge wound up not being the second coming of Strawberry when they called him up. I'd love to see Delgado have a nice run. He had the longest active streak without making the playoffs going into this season.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I was always a fan of him while he was in Toronto. He remained true to the Jays, while Green jumped ship alittle quicker.

I think deep down I'm going to be supporting the Mets colors throughout this run.

Mets & Twins are my two teams this year. But I do support a subway series if it comes about.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
where i live , either you are a cub fan or a cardinal fan. its a very bitter rivalry.

im 3 hours from chicago 4 from stlouis.

if i picked the cubs over the cardinals at age 5 , i would have been put up for adoption. the love for stl has passed through 5 generations in my family . my great grandpa to my grandpa to my dad to myself to my daughter. even my 3 nieces are rabid cardinal fans.

go cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the yankees do look unbeatable right now though

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When do the Cardinals play?

Met's were up 4-1 last time I checked

[edit on 4-10-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mets just won their game. Was a good game.

Delgado was 4/5, glad to see the kid do good.

Dodgers had a bizarre play at the plate, not very often that happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, good game. Yankees play in about a half an hour. I think it might start raining though. Hopefully they play the whole thing without going to late.

I think I saw that play you were talking about. Was it when the Dodger catcher got 2 players out at the plate? That was pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah thats the one. Plays like that are pretty rare.

Someone got reemed for it I'm sure.

Crakeur said he was attending the game, I'm excited to hear what he has to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The start of the Yankee game has been delayed due to rain. Hopefully they will start playing soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Going to need abit of rain to cool Jeter down.

Hopefully it does get played tonight though. I can just imagine how many pee'd off ticket holders.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Yeah thats the one. Plays like that are pretty rare.

Someone got reemed for it I'm sure.

Crakeur said he was attending the game, I'm excited to hear what he has to say.

the game was one of the best I've ever attended and I've been to a few good met games (season tickets at my disposal during the late 80's early 90's)

The place was rocking and the team was pumped. Willie managed his bullpen brilliantly in my opinion. Dealing with a lack of arms isn't going to be easy in the 7 game series, assuming they move on after this one.

The downside to this, getting in and out of the stadium. Thanks to the new stadium construction, everyone must walk on one side of the stadium to get where they need to go. The human traffic was horrific, starting with the Long Island Railroad. Getting up off the platform was awful and getting into the stadium was a nightmare but none of that compared to getting back up to the trains when it was time to go. After wandering around for an hour, letting the crowd thin out (didn't happen) and trying to find an alternate means of fleeing the masses, my dad and I went with the subway route. He's 72 and a few months off of ankle surgery so he was aching, his foot swollen and not letting him move around very easily. WE managed to squeeze into the lines and work our way up to the gate to enter the subway. He popped in, I found out that my metro card was cashless and I had to back out, thru the crowd and go add money to the card. Lost the old man for 30 minutes and then, finally, we boarded a train and headed back to the city.

We have tickets for game 5. Crapola seats. We were on the field this time, we are in the clouds next time. I might trade two of the tickets for some lasik surgery (yup, someone is willing to trade services for tickets) rather than deal with that mess again.

I am hard at work trying to get the good seats for the next round.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the post Crakeur!

I found myself watching it and imagining what it would be like if I were there. Never had the luxury of taking in an MLB game live. I remember them saying over 56,000 people there, and Shea Stadium doesn't even have seating in the outfield. That is a large mass of people behind the plate and up the lines.

I am a big Nomar fan though, so I found abit of me rooting for him to get a hit in the 9th. Wagner though, tough to hit. Next to BJ Ryan, I would say he is the toughest closer in the game.

Over Rivera, Hoffman, Lidge & Jenks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join