It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer can the U.S. hold out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have a few questions about the US's fate, but first, let me state some of my opimions on future US affairs.

1) The US will be directly involved in the starting of the third World War.
2) Through the course of this war, which is bound to happen sooner or later, our Democratic Government will most likely not hold out, and there will be a military coup or something of that sort.
3) It will start either between Isreal/Arabic ME, or more likely N/S Korea.
4) There will be nuclear weapons involved.
5) The homeland of the US will be attacked (as in an invasion attempt as opposed to).
6) We may be fighting some fo our "allies"(such as China which has ties to North Korea), or some may opt out of the war.

So, with that said, when will it happen? Where? Why? And most importantly, will we make it through intact?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
hmmmm,

1. US starting world war... technically it'll take many countries to start it.. but the US will definately be invovled in the starting aspect which leads to conflict.

I say this was Iraq. It started out as a one on one issue, but is quickly invovling the whole region...

2. Depends what you mean by government...
I believe a large portion of the government is fully aware of the truth.. and really lest be honest... bush is the the governemnt ( atleast on face value )
so having him blown to bits in a terrorist attack could incite a coup ( which would look like a transition of pwer ) and also prelude to an attack on the perps of the assination

3. I dont think it'll start in Korea, but that will definately light up if the US gets bogged in other wars.
i think it will be a mix of Israe & US V Arab world

4. Mini nukes at best... ballistic ICBMS will remain in there silo's

5. This is a given.. nothing can continue unless the us is attacked.

Im not sure about china...
they cant really survive without the west.. so shooting the hand that feeds you isnt smart..
plus we would of gained all of europe..
south america, indonesia, and the arab world will be the new piece to the axis slice.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello CaptainIraq...

1. When you look at WW1 and WW2, neither war started out as such an expolosive global situation. The Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated by a Serbian and the empire of Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. It wasn't Germany or any other huge world power that technically started the first great war. It appeared for a short time before the second world war broke out that Hitler was going to be kept at bay (The Munich Conference, 1938). Then appeasement went arye and all hell broke loose.

So why do you think the US will be directly involved in starting the third world war? In my opinion, it will be a proxy terrorist group in the vein of Hezbollah or Al Queda, not the United States.

2. In all actuality, we don't even have a democratic government. We live under a republic. I don't think a military coup would even be possible. The USA spends more money on self-defense than every other nation in the world combined. It'll take an excellent leader/persuader to lead a coup, if that was necessary. And it would still most likely be squashed immediately.

3. Agreed. The middle east is a powder keg and it's only a matter of time until it explodes. We all know that. It's the little alliance between China, Russia, and Iran that worries me more than anything.

4. This is a tricky one. Before 9/11 i adamently argued that nuclear weapons were peace keepers. The cold war didn't turn into a hot war b/c both sides feared a catastrophic nuclear exchange. But religious extremists are different. One suitcase nuke in a major city could lead to nuclear war. But if it's traced to a terrorist group such as Al Queda, and isn't proven that Iran or Syria had a hand in the attack, the USA couldn't do anything. If we nuked a nation under false justification, you bet your arse that i would try to lead that coup we were talking about. However, if Iran was behind it, i believe STRATEGICALLY placed nukes would be necessary. We tell civilians to get out, give them warning, let them know we're coming and hitting them hard. Give them ample time to get out, then hit them hard. But then what would Russia and China do? They would respond. But would they send ICBM's our way? It's such a sticky situation and it's scary as hell.

5. American soil will NEVER be invaded. Attacked? Yes, it was on 9/11. But if an invasion was brewing, they wouldn't get to our soil before all of their boats were blown to smithereens and their planes were destroyed. Our military would be on top of it before the enemy even left their homeland. Some speak of an invasion from within. But i don't believe that is valid because unless one of these "invaders" penetrates the white house, they won't have the means to do anything major. Once again, they would be crushed quickly. And if an invasion force did set foot on american soil, that country would be nuked at once. There isn't a country on earth that would be ignorant enough to invade us.

6. I've already touched on this. China is not our ally. They block everything we try to do on the UN Security Council and so does Russia. They can act like they're our friends all they'd like, but in all actuality they aren't. Actions speak louder than words. The USA, Russia and China will not all be on the same side in the next great war. No way. The US will be on one side with Great Britain, France, Israel, and Austrailia w/ several other lesser western powers. Iran, Syria, Russia, and China will make up the "bad guys" (depends on where you are who's bad and who's good haha). Hell, i'm sure Iraq would be with them too.

No one can predict when it will happen. My educated guess is within the next five years. I just don't think things can keep going the way they are. Everyday you turn on the news and it's all bad and it doesn't seem as if it's going to be good for a very long time.

Fighting will begin in the middle east. Hopefully it will end there, too. God forbid that fighting ensues in Russia and China. If it came to that, the USA and her allies would most assuredly resort to nuclear weapons because the countries are so large they're impossible to invade without cheating with nukes. Then the catastrophic nuclear exchange we avoided for fourty five years will come to fruition and the war would end with no winners. All of humanity will hang its head and shame and the survivors will have no choice but to start all over again.

So, let's all hope there isn't another world war.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I believe that we have already somewhat entered WWIII. I just don't think that anyone is willing to admit that we are in, or involved in the pretext of this war until the day when nuclear weapons, strategical or not, are used. That's the day when this war will REALLY start to become CLEAR to everyone in the world. And a horrible day that will be. I actually think that what needs to happen right now, is for a country to discover, publically, a much, much, much more powerful weapon than nuclear weapons that no other country have. IMO, that's something that would prevent nuclear war, because they knew that if a nuclear war did start, then whatever country that posessed this weapon could wreak so much havoc that it wouldn't even be worth it to start a nuclear war, if you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
Hello CaptainIraq...

1. When you look at WW1 and WW2, neither war started out as such an expolosive global situation. The Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated by a Serbian and the empire of Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. It wasn't Germany or any other huge world power that technically started the first great war. It appeared for a short time before the second world war broke out that Hitler was going to be kept at bay (The Munich Conference, 1938). Then appeasement went arye and all hell broke loose.

I understand that but if you look at it things are very different now compared to them. Mainly, the fact that we weren't the main world power, like we are now.

So why do you think the US will be directly involved in starting the third world war? In my opinion, it will be a proxy terrorist group in the vein of Hezbollah or Al Queda, not the United States.

I think, most likely, we will be so concerned about national security that we will feel it is necessary to declare war. Although I totally agree that there will be a terrorist group involved; that's given. I never said that it would be just us starting it.

2. In all actuality, we don't even have a democratic government. We live under a republic. I don't think a military coup would even be possible. The USA spends more money on self-defense than every other nation in the world combined. It'll take an excellent leader/persuader to lead a coup, if that was necessary. And it would still most likely be squashed immediately.

A coup doesn't necessarily mean one random rebel taking over the government. It could mean the president taking over himself if he feels a congress is hindering him, or someone else in the government.

3. Agreed. The middle east is a powder keg and it's only a matter of time until it explodes. We all know that. It's the little alliance between China, Russia, and Iran that worries me more than anything.

Those are the kind of alliances that I'm talking about. Yes, they are something to worry about.

4. This is a tricky one. Before 9/11 i adamently argued that nuclear weapons were peace keepers. The cold war didn't turn into a hot war b/c both sides feared a catastrophic nuclear exchange. But religious extremists are different. One suitcase nuke in a major city could lead to nuclear war. But if it's traced to a terrorist group such as Al Queda, and isn't proven that Iran or Syria had a hand in the attack, the USA couldn't do anything. If we nuked a nation under false justification, you bet your arse that i would try to lead that coup we were talking about. However, if Iran was behind it, i believe STRATEGICALLY placed nukes would be necessary. We tell civilians to get out, give them warning, let them know we're coming and hitting them hard. Give them ample time to get out, then hit them hard. But then what would Russia and China do? They would respond. But would they send ICBM's our way? It's such a sticky situation and it's scary as hell.

And you hit the nail right on the head about the coup. It would most likely be centered around the use of nukes. As for ICBM's, it's a possibility, but most likely the small ones if anything. No big 50 megaton ones, we're not that stupid. I hope if they try to nuke us we'll be able to whip out some advanced anti-ICBM weapon from Area 51.

5. American soil will NEVER be invaded. Attacked? Yes, it was on 9/11. But if an invasion was brewing, they wouldn't get to our soil before all of their boats were blown to smithereens and their planes were destroyed. Our military would be on top of it before the enemy even left their homeland. Some speak of an invasion from within. But i don't believe that is valid because unless one of these "invaders" penetrates the white house, they won't have the means to do anything major. Once again, they would be crushed quickly. And if an invasion force did set foot on american soil, that country would be nuked at once. There isn't a country on earth that would be ignorant enough to invade us.

That's why I said attempted. Plus, you never know. Did you think terrorists would attack two big buildings in jet liners and take them down before 9/11? Don't say you did, because you didn't. If there's a will, there's a way. And with extremists, there is definitely a will.

6. I've already touched on this. China is not our ally. They block everything we try to do on the UN Security Council and so does Russia. They can act like they're our friends all they'd like, but in all actuality they aren't. Actions speak louder than words. The USA, Russia and China will not all be on the same side in the next great war. No way. The US will be on one side with Great Britain, France, Israel, and Austrailia w/ several other lesser western powers. Iran, Syria, Russia, and China will make up the "bad guys" (depends on where you are who's bad and who's good haha). Hell, i'm sure Iraq would be with them too.

That is why, my freind, I said "ally". Not ally. They are only technically our ally.

No one can predict when it will happen. My educated guess is within the next five years. I just don't think things can keep going the way they are. Everyday you turn on the news and it's all bad and it doesn't seem as if it's going to be good for a very long time.

Fighting will begin in the middle east. Hopefully it will end there, too. God forbid that fighting ensues in Russia and China. If it came to that, the USA and her allies would most assuredly resort to nuclear weapons because the countries are so large they're impossible to invade without cheating with nukes. Then the catastrophic nuclear exchange we avoided for fourty five years will come to fruition and the war would end with no winners. All of humanity will hang its head and shame and the survivors will have no choice but to start all over again.

So, let's all hope there isn't another world war.

I'm with you there.

top topics

join