It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N' korea to test nuclear weapon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by warset

Originally posted by darksided

Originally posted by chinawhite
They have every right to make nuclear weapons, as they see it, its an agressive america attacking countires WITHOUT UN approval.

No country needs UN approval to attack another country, to imply otherwise is to buy into the importance of the UN. Why do you think people treat the UN as a joke?

I don't know how much they rewrite history in China, I have heard it happens often... but last time there was a war in Korea it wasn't the US who did the invading. You should probably take a good look in the mirror before you start accusing other countries of being the aggressors in Korea.

Nobody REWRITES history, it's just ppl look at history through their own biased mind,
and ppl apply different meanings to the same history due to their different point of view.

the UN saw NK invade SK, so it helped SK to push back, and it was ok at that point.
HOWEVER, the catch here is, that UN didn't STOP at the 38th parallel, where they should, instead, they tried to take over the entire NK, and that's where china kicks in, and calling it an invasion to NK.

In this case:
---the US emphasizes only on the first part of the war where NK first invade SK, and they acted like heros to protect SK and pushed NK out.
---China, on the other hand, only emphasizes the second part of the war where UN marched across the 38 parrallel line, where they supposed to stop, and invade NK, and the chinese acted like heros to protect NK.

see, nobody writes history, it's just ppl looking at things differently. Through most chinese ppl's point of view, americans "rewrite" history all the time, but that's indeed not entirely true either.

PS. most ppl DO NOT treat UN as a joke; however, the ones who think that they are above the UN do treat it as a joke (namingly the americans).

So, here is your logic, Janaese bomb US first in 1941, then US stricking back is ok, but US has no right to nuke Japan!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
just in from my news headlines on my email portal...

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea will consider any increased pressure from the United States as "a declaration of a war," a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said Wednesday, according to South Korea's official news agency.
full story

Seems like Kim is warming up towards war. who knows?
if so though the US will jum six foot at an opportunity bo blast NK to bits and make it a capitalist nation IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by funny_pom
just in from my news headlines on my email portal...

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea will consider any increased pressure from the United States as "a declaration of a war," a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said Wednesday, according to South Korea's official news agency.
full story

Seems like Kim is warming up towards war. who knows?
if so though the US will jum six foot at an opportunity bo blast NK to bits and make it a capitalist nation IMO.

The US will do no such thing. They could hit us with four or five nuclear weapons and our leadership will still be debating what to do. The political partys will be figuring out how to appease or surrender so it wont happen again...while they cut each others throats in through thier media shills. Know what I mean...just like politicians in Europe and the UN...they will talk a issue to death. You see how effective Europe was in dealing with what was happening in Yugoslavia in the 90s dont you???

The USA will eventually let NK take South Korea. It will do them little good...they cannot very well run North Korea. In time South Korea will look and act like North Korea...no matter what name they put on the new country. We will cede Taiwan too with time...Just as did Nevel Chamberlin to most of Europe...while everyone just talked.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Daedalus3, as far as I can ascertain, the process is somewhat longwinded.

Apparently, Uranium itself, cannot be used as an explosive in the true sense of the word. But, and it is a BIG but, it is nevertheless, responsible for about fifty per cent of the explosive power in an H-bomb. [To be honest, I don't know how this works - perhaps the nuclear scientists amongst you can tell me]

With regards to an 'A' bomb or weapon, by using depleted uranium, it can be 'melt' cast or alloyed and can also be machined to any design or shape required. DU is a very dense and an extremely hard material and apparently is 'self sharpening', one of the very reasons it is used as an anti-vehicle round.
This means, on impact, a penetrator fabricated from DU, breaks in such a way that it's nose sharpens again.

This action reduces the amount of energy required to penetrate a given surface or target and it is probably why it is favoured when fabricating a nuclear or MIRV warheads.

The reason?

Because on re-entry into earth's lower atmosphere, a nuclear warhead - be it single or MIRV, will heat to extraordinary temperatures and DU will withstand the pressures and heat of this re-entry. Add to this an ability to penetrate even the deepest and hardened of targets, and you have the ideal nuclear warhead.

Of course, all this is somewhat academic if the weapon is deployed in airburst mode, but I think the principles are sound.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile

So, here is your logic, Janaese bomb US first in 1941, then US stricking back is ok, but US has no right to nuke Japan!

I know this wasnt directed at me.. But i wanna take a shot at it.. The US using its a bomb might was to send a message not just to the japanese but to the rest of the world.. That if you F with us you know what we are capable of doing to you.. Is it nice.... No.. but it certainly has a way of getting a point across.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Daedalus3, as far as I can ascertain, the process is somewhat longwinded.

Apparently, Uranium itself, cannot be used as an explosive in the true sense of the word. But, and it is a BIG but, it is nevertheless, responsible for about fifty per cent of the explosive power in an H-bomb. [To be honest, I don't know how this works - perhaps the nuclear scientists amongst you can tell me]

Fritz,

You are looking for a book titled "The Secret That Exploded" By Howard Morland.
It can be found on the web or at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. It details how the hydrogen enhancement of an atomic bomb is accomplished and also the vendors who at the time of going to print were producing components for these weapons. As I recall this book went to the US Supreme Court to stop its publishing but the court said "Publish it."

A very intresting read though I am sure the information is somewhat outdated with advanced designs of today. It also details some of the close calls this nation has had with its weapons.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join