It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball over Sydney filmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here we go, another vid for you today, i found it on youtube, the guy posted it 2 days ago. What is it? I don't know what a meteor looks like up there, i thought they were green.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah I was going to post about this!

Saw it myself, thought it may have been some kind of flare but it seemed to stay up there way too long.

Saw something similar a few years back near North and South head. Landed like a flare at the old army base on one of the heads (think it's north head). Didn't look like an aircraft landing though.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
How cool! My guess is a meteor. I can recall being around 5 or 6 years old staring out the window at night, and seeing a meteor streak down the street. Of course, my memories of that are exaggerated due to my imagination... Might've imagined it anyway.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with it, but later on in that clip you can see an orange ball of light in the city skyline that looks similar. I doubt it's an optical illusion though, being night and the object moving and all...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd say it was some sort of bolide entering the atmosphere and heating up, rather than anything suspicious.

The colour should depend on the type of rock it is made of, I don't know what green would be, but it would remind me of "the day of the triffids" if I saw a green one.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've seen 2 fireballs so far about 10 years apart and I can tell you its an incredible sight. Both of the ones I saw were greenish with orange vapor like tails and looked absolutely huge. Its nothing like a shooting star, it seems to hang up there for around 1 full second. I 'guestimated' the size to be about like holding a dime at arms length. Thats pretty big to be miles away! Do radars not pick these up?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was outside the stadium at work when a jet passed pretty low, it was outragous the sound it made.for a split second i thought it was going to hit the Hotel near the stadium,i admit it was flaming on it's tail,it was going mighty fast but then it got altitude and it didn't look at fast.

Anyways it flew around the stadium that night, i was at work on my lunch break, and i'm sure that wasn't a UFO

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't know what that was but thanx for posting it... are there any Aus ATS members who may have other perspectives on the same event? You can't exactly tell cuz of the video but the light sort of has an amber tinge in it? High pressure sodium lights sort of have a similar colour.

Victor K.

38'

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Doesn't it appear to be moving a bit slow to be a meteor? I suppose it was high up in the sky, but if so it would have had to be REALLY big.

I'm interested to see if there is anything else on this. I did a few minutes of web searching and couldn't come up with anything (and it looks like quite a few people saw it from that video).

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It could just be my imagination, but I swear that after the light went out you could see smoke in the sky. If you will look closely, soon after the ball disappears there seems to be smoke or haze of some sort exactly where the ball of light was in the sky.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Very Interesting capture.

I appreciate you sharing it with us all.

Can't wait to hear the banter on it as it gets dissected...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's another view of the "fireball"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Two views of the same event. Excellent!

My first thought is a sodium flare, do to the particular way the light flickers, the apparent wavelength, and how the thing appears to be stationary.

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Why is there no tail?

Is that normal?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have no idea what this could be? First I've heard of it and thanks for posting it.

Very strange.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have seen this EXACT object twice over the skies of california. Except both times the object was dripping a white "plasma" or "sparks". It would go out like a flare and then reappear on the other side of the sky. I reported one of the instance the day after it happened on the national ufo reporting site. I browsed and found that the same "palsma" dripping fireballs have been seen all across the globe.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I swear there was one other fireball type thing seen in sydney or somewhere in Australia... When I seen this post I actually thought it was the same one until I saw the video... I couldn't find it with searching though. (Would have been a month or two, maybe three back). This one was also seen by a large amount of people if I remember correctly.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
its an F111 doing a dump and burn,

see this all the time up in brisbane, as Amberley(air force base) is right near buy.

www.pbase.com...

even when theyre MILES away the fire ball is quite huge

EDIT: sorry, am not stating this as fact, just an educated guess, as i have spent time in the australian airforce, and my brother is a boeing aircraft technician at amberly

[edit on 3/10/06 by lbennie]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'd agree with the F-111 hypotheses. 1 October was the NRL grandfinal night (Australian Rugby League), and 111s often dump and burn. Anyone else know for sure if this is the case? Seems the most likely explanation to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I remember watching a tv special about the ufo in AZ. It was claimed that the military were testing a method of dropping flares with parachutes so they would last longer in the sky... thats what this reminded me of :/

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sorry UFO lovers! F-111 dump and burn at 7:10pm

Source

7:05pm Teams to run out
7:09pm National anthem to be performed by JADE MACRAE
7:10pm F11 Flyover with "dump and burn"
7:11pm 2006 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Grand Final
MELBOURNE STORM v BRISBANE BRONCOS
7:50pm 2006 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Grand Final Halftime
7:55pm Halftime entertainment featuring the Coke Zero Top Squad cheergirls
8:05pm 2006 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Grand Final Second Half
8:45pm 2006 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Grand Final Fulltime and Post-Match Celebrations
8:50pm 2006 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Grand Final Presentation
Followed by Lap of Honour

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join