It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must see One in a Million Telescope Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was surfing around the web and found this:

A bunch of you will think this is the lamest video ever posted, but it's really not. This telescope is focused on the moon at 100x magnification and a jet actually passes by in that small field of view, which is not probable to say the least.

Click here for video

Is it a jet?

Also I don’t think the website keeps video on there long so if some one could do an alternate download and post a link that would be great.

AlBeMeT

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeh, that's definitely a jet, do you think it's not? I can't see how you could mistake it for a UFO

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is a great special effects video.

But notice the "contrail." It fades away like smoke -- wispy and weak, not like high altitude condensation.

Which leads me to believe that a toy jet was superimposed over the computer video image of the moon....

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think it's a jet. The speed at wich the trail fades can have several causes. The first one would be the limited field of view with the moon as a reference point. If you see a contrail up in the sky with no reference point it's harder to see how fast contrail are fading away.
the second cause would be the frame rate. I don't know, but I guess it's not 20 or 30 fps.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well if you freeze the image it looks like it’s a disc shaped.

And its not a doctored shot its the real deal they don’t claim it was a ufo they said on the site it was a jet so why would someone make up a supper imposed jet in front of a telescope? plus the aspect ratios seem to be correct at 100x.

My question was is it a jet ?

AlBeMeT

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
yeah you could actualy see the wings there, it was probably a coincidence that exactly where the telescope was viewing the jet went past,i'm almost 100% sure it's a jet.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Check also this cool pic of a plane infront of the sun
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
Well if you freeze the image it looks like it’s a disc shaped.

Think of it this way: How many disc shaped UFOs have twin jet engines?

Its a jet by definition

I also think the contrail is strange though. It dissipates immiedietly. If its a jet it aint very high up.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice link thank you Apass

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The shape reminded me of either an F-111 or an F/A-18 Hornet. As I'm unsure to where it was taken, I'd say a Hornet. That'd scare the crap out of me personally, though in a cool way.

new topics

top topics

join