It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have UFO's and Aliens become such a common theme in recent TV commercials?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And which companies have commercials that include aliens and UFO's?

The one that I just saw was a commerical for Comfort Inn.

Please add to the list, I know there are several more.

Finally, why is this becoming such a popular theme?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They want to throw us off.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Because the new world order loves to show off their symbolism.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Would you like to throw in any reasoning or evidence into why you think that simple mind(s)?

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have no hard evidence, but I think interest in UFOs and ETs are making a big come back in general. Which is a good thing. As long as people stay interested, that's what the government doesn't want. They want it to just go away.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think there's a new Coors Light commercial that has crop circles and little grey aliens. Can't think of any others...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good stuff, so now we have 1.Comfort Inn and 2.Coors Light on our list, I know there are more out there please let me know which ones we are forgetting. Thanks Sacto Diplo!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
UFOs and aliens have become a common theme in advertising because they have bcome a common theme in popular culture.

That's how advertising works; it adapts current ideas in popular culture to commercial ends. See the writings of David Ogilvy for more discussion of this topic.

Advertising is the tail that wags. Popular culture is the dog.

People sometimes get them mixed up and that's how conspiracy theories get started.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There is an ad for Pickles, don't know if they are vlasik or Bick.
The alien is a pickle, teaching the other pickles (aliens) how humans eat them.

Hee is the TV ad

Pickled aliens

[edit on 3-10-2006 by violet]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Also the German Red Cross is running ads with a one-eyed, green alien being doctored by a Red Cross Employee... the caption reads "Wherever you need us". Aliens are "cool", so it wouldn't be unusual to use them in your ads. Even in the 80s, cigarette manufacturer "West" showed an alien smoking cigarettes through a very, very strange device (I'll have to look it up, maybe I even have an old magazine that I could scan).

But have you heard about the French/German TV station arte lately? They're airing a program for aliens, the "Bild" had it on first page last monday or so. It's meant to tell them who we are and what we are like, showing how we multiply and all that sorts of stuff. One day later it read: "Scientists and Ufologists warn: Aliens could understand this as a provocation, seeing how primitive we are." They're more and more trying to be serious about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Energizer has one also.
The Energizer bunny charges up there ship and they fly off.
I thought it was pretty funny.

I would have to agree with Astyanax. I do not think there is anything to it, except for that it is more of an intrest in our culture.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Great so now our list looks like this;

1. Comfort Inn
2. Coor Light
3. the German Red Cross
4. Energizer Batteries

I know there are several more commercials currently playing that we still havent covered so people, please continue adding to this list.

Asty, you don't think there is some sort of government incentive(kick back) for helping inform the public and getting them ready for disclosure. I understand the government offers big businesses plenty of kick-backs for other things business related so why would this be so far off base?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In car commercials on the TV screen they show a cartoon alien space ship all the time. I kid you not.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Do you remember which Car Manufacturer it is?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Also there is the milk commercial. Can't remember all the details off hand.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Advetisers abandoned reason based (although often illogical) commercial branding. Soap is no longer about getting your clothes clean. Cars are no longer about luxurious travel. Advertising is now memotics. Little grey aliens! --> they are cool---> fun emotion ---> buy car. Thats about it. There are only so many archetypal themes to go around and barbarian invaders have already been used up. Perhaps next we can be reminded to by Allopecia remedies because a giant white whale kills a man's crew?

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Good call ecto, however, aren't most archetypes based on truth? I too believe UFO's are archetypal and believe they have been so throughout human history for the last 1500 years or so.

UFO's aren't archetypes because they are cool, they are archetypes because they are REAL! While people will buy products instinctively and because of a relationship to some other cool thing, this doesn't make those cool things archetypes.

The revised list
1. Comfort Inn
2. Coor Light
3. the German Red Cross
4. Energizer Batteries
5. Milk Commerical

Archetypes have been hammered in us for years, but why such a pattern with UFO's and aliens recently? I like to think that once is an accident, twice is a pattern, and three times is a routine? Why are all of these companies, which Im sure are not related to the other, why are they all at the same time using the same advertising strategy?

The U.S. throws so much money towards big business would it be irrational to think that sometimes they ask for things in return? Why couldn't our Government be looking to big biz to help in a future disclosure program, this seems like a practical first step for me in terms of a government ordered disclosure?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
John Lear says in his article "Our Government Sold Us to the Greys " that the purpose of the movies "Close Encounters of the Third kind" and "E.T." were to get the public used to "odd looking" aliens that were compassionate, benevolent and very much our "space brothers".

source: www.alienvideo.net...

..."Close Encounters of the Third kind" and "E.T." (now admitted by some members of MJ-12 to have been a 'drastic mistake') to get the public used to "odd looking" aliens that were compassionate, benevolent and very much our "space brothers".

I think the government is conditioning us before they throw the whammy at us that the aliens are already here.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is a funny ad around UK at moment i think its for Wrigleys airwaves chewing gum. Basically the alien cant get used to our way of life ie couch potato and getting crammed on the tube so he heads back to outer space

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight and the link Anne, Im reading it now. And thanks mate for the info about the Wrigleys' commercial, they have just made the list.

I know there are still several more current commercials airing so please, keep adding to the list.

Commercials that include UFO's and Aliens
1. Comfort Inn
2. Coor Light
3. the German Red Cross
4. Energizer Batteries
5. Milk Commerical
6. Wrigleys' Gum

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join