It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help: Media and Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey all, I'm doing a synthesis for my english class on "Media and Fear" and right now I need to come up with a thesis and thought you guys could give me some good ideas. I read all the time on ats and love all the info people contribute, and also read on alt news sites such as infomationclearinghouse.info so I've read a lot about this topic.

I'd like to do it on either terrorism, the war in Iraq, erosion of civil liberties, or how politicians use fear to influence public opinion. I think Bush uses fear and a lot of "what ifs" to justify action in Iraq and possible action in other countries, something like this I think would be good. Any ideas for these topics would be great.
Or if you have an idea for a thesis outside of these ideas, that works too.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 2-10-2006 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Go with the thesis about terrorism. Explain (in thesis or essay) why terrorists (tyrants) may:

1. Rule the general population.
2. Victimize the general population.
3. Try to control the emotions of the general population.

Apparently, the general population is too weak & ignorant to stop terrorists from continuing to dominate their minds & bodies.

This world is ruled by tyrants, who use terrorism every day. They refer to themselves as leaders, blessed-beings, priests, and the government (which means, "to control the mind" in Latin) because they want the general population to believe they are almighty & all-knowing (all of which they have not been & never will be).

join