It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution: A plot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I was thinking recently, and have come up with a hypothesis.

I think that Evolution might be a plot to destabilize the world goverments. It has become an extremely splitting issue in many nations, and has lead to fist fights and other such things. The existance of Piltdown Man and other such hoaxes also leads me to wonder about this.

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think you're mixing up A with B...

Evolution was a theory made about 100 years ago. That's a long time to start a plot to destabilize the world when WW1 and 2 and the Cold War did it already so effectively (over non-evolution related material).

However, the current situation with it is more like people using that as a topic to stroke the fires of inter-state destabilization. I don't think it will result in anything, mind you, it's not that important a subject. However, some people do use it as a way of getting themselves heard.

In my opinion creationism has the flaw of trying to disprove evolution. It's not that either is right and the other is wrong, it's that some of the people who think one is right and the other wrong cause a stir, and try to gain support for their side by forcing people to choose.

In the end, the theory of natural selection is all fine and dandy, it's the organizations that are trying to bend it one way or another for their own gains that are the flaw.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Would you mind sheding some light on what these "many nations" are?

One of the only countries where this seems to be a true issue, even on the political playing field, is the US.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think the only country really concerned about that is us. And it doesn't seem like a tpoic that will send bullets flying, or anything. The main controversey in the world that could cause such an incident is the "who gets nukes and who doesn't" controversey. I'm more worried right now about that than evolution.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grilox
I was thinking recently, and have come up with a hypothesis.

I think that Evolution might be a plot to destabilize the world goverments. It has become an extremely splitting issue in many nations, and has lead to fist fights and other such things. The existance of Piltdown Man and other such hoaxes also leads me to wonder about this.

Your thoughts?

they must be very patient, considering all the evil old white men who cooked this plot up are long dead now, seeing as darwins theory was conceived in 1838

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't think evolution in itself is a/the plot, but I think it could be being used to stir up controversy.

A deep plot by shadowy figures pulling strings seems a bit far-fetched, but politicians can/do/will pull the evolution card because it strikes people to the core. People who are dead set on science and evolution will get mad at the creationists, and the creationists in turn will get mad at the man of science.
Then fighting occurs and the people get distracted while the politician does something sneaky like pass a bill, vote for something, or have sex

top topics

join