It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much power should Bush have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How close is President Bush in becoming a dictator if he keeps getting the oppurtunity to weild more and more power. With all the behind the scenes going on in the White House these days and them giving him the Ok to do what he wants to who he wants.

Does the American people have rights and freedome any more?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wouldnt trust him with the power of an oral-b toothbrush

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think he is about the closest thing to a dictator that we have had since FDR. No offense to those who just think FDR was the greatest thing this country ever had, but honestly, the man was the closest thing to a dictator this country had before George W. Bush.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Congress needs to review the complete Pentagon security and hotel videos of 9-11 live with news coverage even if the news crew will have to black out part of the videos where the missile(passenger airliner?) is shown on the footage if they have to. As long as Congress will be able to see the missile, it will be enough to force the CIA and the Whitehouse to a full conspiracy investigation.

If they can investigate a personal matter such as Bill Clinton's sex life, then they can investigate the government's MOST corruptive cospiracy and deliberate mass murder of its own citizens on its own soil in history.

The control over the United States is really a battle of The shadow government(The Whitehouse and the CIA) VS. Congress and the people!

The shadow government only has the control because we(congress and the people) let them control and run their operations within the "secrecy"!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
He should have the power that the Constititution and federal laws give him as President of the United States.

No more, no less.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree with dj. The orginal constititution however.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
But how do we as normal citizens protect ourselves and our freedom. We do not have any real power to stop it and can only sit back and watch it happen.

If we all vote as Democrate would that make a difference? I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers

The control over the United States is really a battle of The shadow government(The Whitehouse and the CIA) VS. Congress and the people!

The shadow government only has the control because we(congress and the people) let them control and run their operations within the "secrecy"!
So...oh,God, if I can stop laughing I will reply

So,congress is the "good" guy,huh? You do realize that the President has very little power, don't you? He has a veto which amounts to about half of a vote. Who do you think is really calling the shots? CONGRESS is!!! That's where all of the plans are either approved or disapproved.

Although, this president has more legislative powers than previous,which is what makes him close to being a dictator.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
But how do we as normal citizens protect ourselves and our freedom. We do not have any real power to stop it and can only sit back and watch it happen.

Watch "V for Vendetta". It would give you a great idea on how to stop Bad government. Then again in the U.S you have the edited version. I don't know how much changed the U.S. version is but, to make sure you get the point watch a different version.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by halfmask]

MMP

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

If we all voted for the people capable of doing the best job that would make a huge difference. It doesn't matter if they are a democrat, republican or other. The fact is we are at a point in which the majority of our officials are terrible. Instead of accepting and embracing a political culture of corruption and feeling helpless we could start holding people accountable and putting a fear of the people into these politicans. They need to know we come first, not the corporations donating to their campaigns and making their pockets fatter.

Remember folks, democrats and republicans both voted for things like the PATRIOT Act and the latest one, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (aka the torture bill).

Oh, I forgot to answer the original question. I don't trust Bush with any amount of power. He needs to be removed from office along with several members of his administration.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by MMP]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Haha, absolutely none.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Its time to rip the control out of him by way of his throat into his stomach.

Enough is enough.

I came back because i realized that it sounded nasty. I decided it should stay after all.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Power? Ohh about 2 electrodes carrying about 50,000 volts should be fine.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

So...oh,God, if I can stop laughing I will reply

So,congress is the "good" guy,huh? You do realize that the President has very little power, don't you? He has a veto which amounts to about half of a vote. Who do you think is really calling the shots? CONGRESS is!!! That's where all of the plans are either approved or disapproved.
Although, this president has more legislative powers than previous,which is what makes him close to being a dictator.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

I'm so (censored) mad at all of the (censored) out there who treat my well informed and serious postings like (censored) and even worse, disrespect me with all those smart(censored) remarks!

I go to other forums as well. Some of those have a whole lot of young adults and kids that defile the judgement side of their own brains throw beer and wine, have studied very little into life outside of school(forced studies), and are too young to a have experienced much of anything. Those (censored) are the uninformed disrespecters who laugh more than they learn, ask questions, or meditate on the grand scheme of things as a whole, more or less the topic at hand. I really hope I don't have to come across too many of these kids or even worse, adults that are as bad as kids on this forum like I had to on some other forums.
After recovering with the classified documents, creditable testimonies, evidence, and finding all the numerous accounts of government conspiracies, it gives way beyond more than enough reason for congress(not informed to top secret operations) to do an investigation of all the top secret agendas of the CIA(top secret operator).
For any person that still has common sense, they will know that if government consiracy is done under top secret operations, then these top secret operations should be investigated. And with George W. Bush being part of the Skulls and Bones group, how on Earth can you think that he is not a part of the Shadow government (Illuminati).

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong forum..

I thought this was "Politics Head to Head" where two members battle it out over a political issue..

I must have stumbled into the "Group Hug Bush Bash Forum."

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Enough amps to stop his heart and maybe a few extra jolts just for added sizzle.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm so (censored) mad at all of the (censored) out there who treat my well informed and serious postings like (censored) and even worse, disrespect me with all those smart(censored) remarks!

I go to other forums as well. Some of those have a whole lot of young adults and kids that defile the judgement side of their own brains throw beer and wine, have studied very little into life outside of school(forced studies), and are too young to a have experienced much of anything. Those (censored) are the uninformed disrespecters who laugh more than they learn, ask questions, or meditate on the grand scheme of things as a whole, more or less the topic at hand. I really hope I don't have to come across too many of these kids or even worse, adults that are as bad as kids on this forum like I had to on some other forums.
After recovering with the classified documents, creditable testimonies, evidence, and finding all the numerous accounts of government conspiracies, it gives way beyond more than enough reason for congress(not informed to top secret operations) to do an investigation of all the top secret agendas of the CIA(top secret operator).
For any person that still has common sense, they will know that if government consiracy is done under top secret operations, then these top secret operations should be investigated. And with George W. Bush being part of the Skulls and Bones group, how on Earth can you think that he is not a part of the Shadow government (Illuminati).

Your whole premise that congress is not in on this is rather ludicorus ,in my opinion. I am not trying to be a smart alec or anything, but really. You really expect me, or anyone else for that matter, to buy into the idea that "elected" congressmen/women are actually "good guys" looking out ofr our well being.

Let me tell you something, if you really want to know the head of the conspiracy you have to work from the top down. It all starts with congress and then filters down to the Presidency, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A helluva lot less than he has now. What can you do about it? Vote Dem in the upcoming midterms and put some of those "checks and balances" back into place.

BTW semper, you are right. Will have this moved.

new topics

top topics

join